Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

What's a good podcast player nowadays? I liked google podcasts cause you could go in the page source and snag the mp3 files easily enough and save em, but they're going away in April. It looks like if I wanna do that on like Spotify or other players, I have to pay a subscription. Surely there's a better alternative out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

Mug of Glop posted:

If you're on iOS, Castro lets you just fetch any episode off of any podcast feed and manually add it to your queue whether you're subscribed or not. You can also "sideload" in basically just any mp3 file as if it's an episode of something as well, but that's a "premium" feature.

Sadly, Castro may or may not be dying a slow death of neglect by its owners, so its time may (or may not) be limited.

I probably shoulda mentioned my platform whoops, thanks for the suggestion though

Azathoth posted:

The two that come up most are Podcast Addict and Overcast. I use Podcast Addict and the only thing it doesn't do that I wish it did was sync progress across devices, otherwise it has everything I've ever needed and more.

These seem promising, I'll give em a go, thanks