Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug
It's a bummer, because some episodes of Reply All are loving great-- the "Long Distance" episodes and the interview that Alex got with Longmont Potion Castle in particular, but between this and what happened with Mystery Show... man, gently caress Gimlet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

The World Inferno posted:

It always felt uncomfortable to me how close Reply All would get to Mystery Show, the networks first major breakthrough, given Gimlet killed the later after just one season.

Heavyweight is closer, i think, and Jonathan Goldstein (who hosts it) was the mystery-haver in the last episode of Mystery Show. I asked Starlee about it on Twitter and she didn't respond directly, but liked a response in the thread that makes me think that there's some bad blood there now. I like Heavyweight and Wiretap, so it's a bummer.

Election Profit Makers, the show that she does now with David Rees (from My New Fighting Technique is Unstoppable/Get Your War On/Dicktown/artisinal pencil-sharpening) is great.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

i'm looking for comedy podcasts with the relaxed low tempo vibe of boonta vista, and/or the bizarre demon chemistry of bigsofttitty.png. australian accents arent a requirement

you should check out Valley Heat. It's scripted, but it's incredibly funny, and definitely has a low key vibe. It's about a guy doing a podcast for his neighborhood, but quickly shifts focus to the host trying to figure out if his pool boy is using his garbage can as a drop-off spot for drug deals. Great music, ridiculous ad reads, and a parrot whose vocabulary consists solely of "Michael Douglas". It's loving great. Not along the same lines as bigsofttitty, but what is?