Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I'm itching to get into a new podcast so does anyone know of any crime podcasts that delve into cold cases?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Brilliant! Thanks for all the recommendations. The podcast app that I really like is podcast addict.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Is there's any good podcasts or just podcast episodes that delve into prehistory? Love learning about that era!

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Thanks for the recommendations! Really enjoying the common decent! I've heard some eps of tides before and I really like it except for the ads which is a bummer. (Understand why they have ads but it just feels a tad too much.)

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Can anyone recommend any good improve podcasts? I used to listen to teachers lounge back in the day and I don't think I've ever laughed harder in my life. so preferably a similar vibe?

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Thanks! I'm really enjoying e1! Comedy bang bang is a bit more hit and miss for me. Depending on the guest. Any episode/segment with Andy Daly in it is gold though!

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Does anyone know of any good climate change podcasts? Been looking for something with more of a sciency bent.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Thanks! These look really good.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I used to listen to "f this movie" back in the day and its still going!

A pretty good movie review/discussion podcast and they typically cover a wide range of movies from horror to action to art house/whatever and the hosts have really good chemistry with one another.

Well it's the main host and then a different co host every week on like like a roster system but I really enjoyed it from what I remember.

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jan 9, 2023

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

mrfart posted:

If books could kill is a nice new podcast where the hosts look back at the ‘airport bestsellers’ that had a big impact on society, and how loving awful they really are.

Thanks for this recommendation! Just listened to a episode and really enjoyed it!

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
There was this podcast that I used to listen to that I'm trying to find. A guy browser's the Internet and reads not intentionally funny forums? Sorry if that's not enough information but I remember it being very funny and if anybody knows what it's name was.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Yes that's it! Thank you so much!

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
It's surreal when the ones that have being going on for years and years just suddenly stop. Going to wildy miss sustainababble and I feel like we need it now more than ever.... There's one doctor who podcast that I've been listening to since 07 and if that ever ends it might destroy me.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I don't mind some ads but I find it getting a bit silly at times with some podcasts that you have to skip for over 3 min of ads for other podcasts and stuff.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Having local ads for podcasts from a completely different country always messes with me for some reason. One moment I'm listening to a very American centric podcast talking about whatever and next thing there's an ad about farming equipment in New Zealand.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

AngryBooch posted:

Ran into the same issue and I landed on AntennaPod. I just went to the open source option. I'm sick of all these pod players shutting down.

Atennapod is a really good simple podcast app. Used to use podcast addict but it started to feel a bit clunky to use for me after awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I like antennapod, simple straightforward design. Nothing super fancy but it's pretty solid and also open source so no ads in the app so that's nice.