Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
I can't tell whether this is the thread for technical questions or not, but I hope it is:

What is the best way to publish a podcast on facebook? I know how to get an RSS feed to post to facebook just fine, but it all it ends up doing is posting the title and description and a link to the direct mp3 file which is a less than ideal form of doing that. I would like something akin to soundcloud's embedded player.

Basically, is there an app/series of apps/programs I can use to make it so that whenever I update my RSS with a new mp3, it automatically pushes it to facebook as an embedded sound aka can play right off of facebook?

I'm not hopeful only because even huge podcasts like WTF do not seem to have this feature (that particular facebook page is quite confusing)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
For those who do their own podcasts: What tools do you use to measure metrics/analytics/statistics of your listeners and subscribers?

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Libsyn looks really awesome but I host all my own stuff, and it seems like Libsyn only tracks things you host on their servers.

I signed up for Podtrac, put the redirect url on all my enclosures. Tomorrow we'll see what happens.