Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I would like some recommendations. I've listened to less than an hour of podcast content since their inception mostly due to me being a stubborn rear end in a top hat and refusing to listen to them for a long, long time for "reasons".

Now that I decided that I'd like to listen to something other than music 24/7, I find the variety overwhelming and I'm horrible at choosing them. The last two times I tried podcasts I picked something with an interesting description and then was quickly driven away. One was a true crime podcast and one of the hosts sounded like he was pinching his nose whenever he wasn't laughing like Lewis Scolnick from RotN. Holy hell it was grating. The other was a cryptid podcast where the voices were fine, but it was like an SA thread. It was ~30 minutes long and after a quick on-topic teaser, there was 10 minutes of really interesting KFC discussion.

tl;dr
Basically, I'm looking for anything that would have fit into the first few years of the PYF Unnerving Articles thread. Everything from cryptids to weird/unexplained topics whether they're probably fiction (Oak Island) or real (think Toynbee tiles, Centralia, PA, etc), mild conspiracy topics (like conspiracies surrounding JFK, but not gay frogs and lizard people conspiracies). True Crime murder mystery topics also fine as long as the host doesn't sound like a reject for the cast of Revenge of the Nerds.

If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU