Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I need to recommend Losing the Sheen.

It's described as the only Two and a Half Men fancast for people who don't watch Two and a Half Men. Justin from My Brother, My Brother and Me and his wife, who never saw a single episode of Two and a Half Men prior to Aston Kutcher joining the cast, force themselves to watch each week and provide really funny reviews mainly focusing on how painfully unfunny TV's Favorite Comedy is.

Anyone that has ever been deeply confused and somehow distressed by the popularity of TaaHM (when they themselves watched it once and didn't so much as smile during the entire episode), will appreciate this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Glitterbomber posted:

I have never watched TaaHM since like, years ago and I love this cast. I love them calling the kid 'Half-Man' and trying to invent elaborate reasoning for why he's not there and all.

I hope Syfy gets wind of this and decides to film a pilot for The Halfman Chronicles.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Spincut posted:

For my own request, I just started listening to podcasts as of literally two days ago when I started listening to Watch Out For Fireballs (which is great, by the way). I'm just looking for what are the general "popular" podcasts for a newbie to podcasts. If there's a thread for this that I missed, that'd be awesome too. Generally I like comedy, pop culture, video games, and blends of all that...I grabbed some of the history podcasts posted here as well. Thanks!

As far as comedy podcasts go,(can't help ya out much with the other stuff)you could use the same resource I did: Comedy Podcast Megathread - Like radio, but with the C-word. Decent descriptions are give of the most popular podcasts.

The only correct choice is Uhh Yeah Dude, though. Just listen to UYD.

EDIT: UYD covers a lot of popculture also, and The Nerdist brings comedy to all kinds of nerd culture.

HoAssHo fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 25, 2011

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Another recommendation for a podcast that I wish would update more is Ask Mr Biggs.

It's a partly-written, partly-improvised comedy show based around 2 radio hosts, Roger and Mr Biggs, as they host a general call-in show. Roger is the meek and mild straight-man to Mr Bigg's boisterous and know-it-all personality.

Aside from how well the two play off of each other, the best part of the show is, for me, the fact that none of the calls are 'real'. I mean, they're real, but they're from other shows. The guys behind AMB have taken those calls, edited out the original host, and have practically redone the whole thing. The subjects and conversations that come from this are loving phenomenal, and I strongly urge anyone who's interested in laughing at things that are funny to check them out.

I've posted this a few times before, in other 'recommend me a podcast' threads, but no one's replied to second it, or even that they've checked it out. I'm going to assume it's because everyone's already listening, and knows that it'd be pointless to preach to the choir. :colbert:

EDIT: I actually started with episode 17, in which Mr Biggs simplifies digital TV. Check it out here.

For some reason I personally feel bad that no one has replied to your recommendation yet. I'm only just checking this out now because improv/scripted podcasts aren't really my thing. Comedy Bang Bang has it's moments, but it's not a must-listen for me.

It's...cute? and inventive and definitely not bad, but it's probably only to the taste of people who like this kind of thing to begin with.

On the other hand, this:

Myrmidongs posted:

I just started listening to The Smartest Man In The World and holy poo poo is it great. Remember that one dude from Whose Line Is It Anyway? Tall, skinny, curly hair? No not Ryan, the other one. Yeah. Greg Proops. This is him doing a live show of completely over the top cynical history, politics, pop culture, music, classic movies, weed, weed smuggling, and whatever other insane ramblings rolls off his tongue. Seriously worth listening to.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-smartest-man-in-the-world/id401055309

is extremely up my alley, and thanks for reminding that I never got around to checking it out. I just listened to the latest episode and I'm all in.

Ugh. There's just too much good poo poo out there to listen to.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Coughing Hobo posted:

I just started listening to Ten Minute Podcast, hosted by Will Sasso, Chris D'Elia, and Bryan Callen. I can't recommend this podcast enough; all three of these guys are seasoned comedians, and they bounce off of each other ridiculously well ruthlessly belittle each other, and it's only ten minutes long, so there's barely any investment when you start an episode up.

I say just start from the beginning, but if you need some extra convincing, try this one first.

I really used to love this show but I'm getting a bit tired of it. I feel like it has become less structured and is just kinda the same thing over and over now. I don't mean to say it doesn't still have it's moments though.

People should absolutely start from the beginning so they can witness the evolution of the characters and in-jokes. I might have to listen to the first couple dozen again myself.

Edit: oh, God, the dude finder one. Good choice.