Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Does anyone have any recommendations for anime-related podcasts? I've been listening to the ANNcast and Anime World Order for a couple years now, but the former is real hit-and-miss based on their guest for the week, and the latter really only updates a few times a year at this point.

It doesn't really matter if its currently airing-based or just poo poo talking. I just need something else to listen to at work.

Rincewind posted:

Comparing Hardcore History's Death Throes of the Republic to The History of Rome's episodes about the same period was really interesting, since they both emphasized slightly different things, and they both conveyed their narrative of the period in a really different way.

I really like Dan Carlin, but he did crib a big part of the death throes of the republic shows from Rubicon, by Tom Holland. He credits the book whenever he references it, but I remember listening to the first couple episodes of that after reading the book and I didn't get that much new out of it.

My favorite episode of Hardcore History is the one that focuses on the Mongols, which has unfortunately been pushed into the paid episodes at this point. I think it's worth two bucks, though. That one and the Macedonian Soap Opera episode are what got me into Hardcore History.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Convexed posted:

I find that BeyondPod is pretty drat good for Android. There's a free version that limits you to downloading one episode at a time and a few other locked features, or it's only 5 bucks to unlock all of this.

I have been using it since Feb., and it's stable and allows good categorisation.

This is what my friends and I use. I haven't had any problems with it and it has all the features I want.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I still think the first fifty or so Smodcast episodes are really funny, but it fell off a cliff around the time Zack and Miri came out.