Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Is there a thread where we can talk about the technical side of podcasting? Over the years myself and my housemate have accumulated a ton of gear, so we're buying more (naturally) and want to put it to use in as many ways as possible. My friend used to do a podcast, and is coming to visit for 2 days next month so I'd love to have a rig in place for him to do a new episode.

In the room we have a ton of computers, a PBX system (for phone calls in/out), a Yamaha 16 channel mixer, an SM58 (not ideal I know, but hopefully we can lay our hands on more miss), audio interfaces, minidisc recorders etc as well as the usual decks, cd players.

We've only had the desk for < 24 hours so would love to talk about best ways of running it in this environment, what group/auxillery options to use and other techniques to get something pro sounding out of our stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sounds good to me, cheers. I'll try put an OP together then people can contribute their experiences/recommendations that I can put in there too, so it goes from a 'Help me to...' to a 'Here's how to...' over a period of time.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm guessing this is the closest thread to relevancy for this, as I'm not aware of any Twitter threads still in the forums, but who else is reading the @JeShirt thing over the last week? Run by Jason Woliner of Human Giant, it's provided me with plenty of laughs and my referencing of the late, great Leonard Pilk as a 'gollum' caused our CEO great offence, much to my amusement.