Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

There's something simply adorable about picturing Andy catching an interception off Rob Riggle. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Nothing will be funnier than the episode featuring The American Talking about rhinoplasty and his jetski/machinegun story. I had to pull over i was laughing that hard.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Is it bad that the first thought I had after hearing of Gaddafi's death was wondering how Andy and John would react and then how they'd would making fun of his death immediately after?

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Vince Videogames posted:

Is it bad that the first thought I had after hearing of Gaddafi's death was wondering how Andy and John would react and then how they'd would making fun of his death immediately after?
I went straight for The Bugle's twitter feed and it was glorious,

BREAKING: The late Colonel Gaddafi admits the rebels are now "hot favourites" to triumph in Libya conflict.

Gaddafi also admits that he has "learnt some valuable lessons" from his overthrow and death, and pledges to "do better next time".

BREAKING: A tearful Tony Blair pays tribute to Gaddafi. "He knew how to hug a man, and his private jet was a doozy."

The scenes in Libya suggest Gaddafi must have had quite poor approval ratings before he was sacked from his job.

At Press Conference in Sirte, a downcast Gaddafi admits "the better side won", and that he "should probably have retired on top in 2007".

Cameron says Britain should be proud of its role in Gaddafi's downfall. "We helped lull him into a false sense of international acceptance."

After footage shows Gaddafi captured alive, NTC claims post-mortem shows Colonel "died of a broken heart - he loved that Ukrainian nurse."

BREAKING: International Society Of Fugitives describe Gaddafi's final hideaway as "disappointingly half-arsed".

Meatlong Football
Feb 11, 2008

I was so glad they brought back the gently caress Yeuology. I could get behind old school CIA assasintions if it meant getting that feature more regularly.

I`m going to miss Gadaffi`s UN speeches, those were some of my favourite bugles.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Bucket-O-Nothing posted:

I was so glad they brought back the gently caress Yeuology. I could get behind old school CIA assasintions if it meant getting that feature more regularly.

I`m going to miss Gadaffi`s UN speeches, those were some of my favourite bugles.

The gently caress-Eulogy is probably the best thing I've ever heard come out of The Bugle, and I hope the term enters the greater english lexicon.

There's also a Bugle Facebook group which is moderated by Chris (gently caress you) and mostly contains Buglers posting Bugle-relevant news stories for laughs.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
This show made me survive a rough year a while back, but since around when Tom left the show, I too took a break from the show. Now I'd like to catch up, does anyone know a registry of what happens in which Bugle?

In case any of you know by hand:
Every appearance of The American
Chris (gently caress you) first appearance on the show (in mention and voice), and later episodes in which he prominently appear.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Zsinjeh posted:

This show made me survive a rough year a while back, but since around when Tom left the show, I too took a break from the show. Now I'd like to catch up, does anyone know a registry of what happens in which Bugle?

In case any of you know by hand:
Every appearance of The American
Chris (gently caress you) first appearance on the show (in mention and voice), and later episodes in which he prominently appear.

No guide as to what segments are in which Bugles, as far as I'm aware. Best you can really do is read the descriptions in iTunes, which can be really hit and miss.

Unfortunately, The American appearances have been somewhat sparse of late. He's in episode 109 and 139, and there's a short bit in 158a. Only got that because the Bugle wikia page has an Ask An American section that someone keeps up to date with The American appearances.

Chris shows up in the first Bugle after Tom leaves, which is 108. Tom comes back for a visit at some point, looks like Bugle 131 from the iTunes descriptions.

thefncrow fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 28, 2011

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

thefncrow posted:

No guide as to what segments are in which Bugles, as far as I'm aware. Best you can really do is read the descriptions in iTunes, which can be really hit and miss.

Unfortunately, The American appearances have been somewhat sparse of late. He's in episode 109 and 139, and there's a short bit in 158a. Only got that because the Bugle wikia page has an Ask An American section that someone keeps up to date with The American appearances.

Chris shows up in the first Bugle after Tom leaves, which is 108. Tom comes back for a visit at some point, looks like Bugle 131 from the iTunes descriptions.
Yeah I figured it'd be a shot in the dark to find a complete rundown of every episode, thanks for finding those I wanted though!
I'm trying to catch up and listen to almost a 100 Bugles, but I'm not sure I'll end up sane.

My god...it's full of puns :psyduck:
Reminds me of that time United Arab Emirates. Oh well, I just Iran with it, Bhutan with the show!

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Oct 29, 2011

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Man I've been busy so I've got a lot of shows to catch up on. Am I the only one who gets really bummed out when John has to phone it in? It's not always bad, but a lot of the times he's hard to hear and .. ugh.

I mean can't we get this guy a Skype account or something?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

He could spend some of that sweet sweet Smurfmoney for an account. I always kind of liked those episodes, it sounds like he's reporting from behind enemy lines as it's always usually from a Republican convention or similar Daily Show mission.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Watching The Love Guru on TV right now. Holy crap John :stare:

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

tooooooo bad posted:

Watching The Love Guru on TV right now. Holy crap John :stare:

I saw that in theaters (my roommate paid, there's no way I'd pay for that myself) and I remember having that face the entire movie.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Andy is just terribly unfunny and the only thing I find redeeming about having him on the show is that he sets up John for good lines and does occasional pun runs, and the only reason I like them is because my friends and I have been doing them since before I ever knew what the bugle was.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I think Andy is alright :shobon: I remember enjoying his standup from Bangladesh or wherever that was. I definitely agree that the rapport between John and Andy is the heart of the show, though.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
I actually love Andy. His prepared stories are amazing, especially the one inspired by the humongous penis on the roof. I'm strangely interested in playing that game he developed :stare:

As an added bonus, I just spent the past five minutes trying to figure out the correct spelling of "nadgers"

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Laserface posted:

Andy is just terribly unfunny and the only thing I find redeeming about having him on the show is that he sets up John for good lines and does occasional pun runs, and the only reason I like them is because my friends and I have been doing them since before I ever knew what the bugle was.

This, this is the wrongest opinion. And you say you're the original punster? I'm betting Andy's older than you, and nothing you've ever come up with is as good as "cold and wet weaver"

Dezoth
Mar 26, 2010
I was actually at the Durham show that John mentioned in the opening to this weeks Bugle. I have to say, if you get the chance to go see him live to take it. It was one of the greatest comedy shows I have ever seen, even if it did take forever to start.

Also, I felt that the string of puns that Andy tried this week was really weak. I don't mind that he does them, but I think he may have hit his high already with the dog puns. Also, I hope The Congressman's Penis continues to be a feature for a long time. It's one of my favorite new, recurring bits.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Man I don't know about that one. The Congressman's Penis means I'm fumbling for my iPhone skipping ahead 30 seconds at a time until I hear them talking about something else.

There's not much on this show that I will outright skip, but that is one of them :(

Dezoth
Mar 26, 2010

Martytoof posted:

Man I don't know about that one. The Congressman's Penis means I'm fumbling for my iPhone skipping ahead 30 seconds at a time until I hear them talking about something else.

There's not much on this show that I will outright skip, but that is one of them :(

I can understand that. The jokes feel a little forced at time, but personally I like inane, made-up bullshit sometimes and The Congressman's Penis is just the inane, made-up bullshit that I need sometimes.

Also, does anyone remember what episode the Belgians liking waffles joke started?

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum

Dezoth posted:

I was actually at the Durham show that John mentioned in the opening to this weeks Bugle. I have to say, if you get the chance to go see him live to take it. It was one of the greatest comedy shows I have ever seen, even if it did take forever to start.

Hell yes, that show was great. John is a pretty incredible performer and about as quick-witted as humanly possible. I've seen him do improv at UCB as well and that was great.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Dezoth posted:

I saw him 2 years ago in New Brunswick. It was fun seeing him turns Bugle bits in full-length material.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Blackula69 posted:

This, this is the wrongest opinion. And you say you're the original punster? I'm betting Andy's older than you, and nothing you've ever come up with is as good as "cold and wet weaver"

uh, OK? I didnt claim to be 'the original' just thats the only thing I find funny about him and a reason why.

Personally if John and the American did a show of their own I would be all over that.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

American's name is Rory Albanese, if you wanna look up his stuff. He's a writer for the Daily Show and does stand-up as well.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Dezoth posted:

I can understand that. The jokes feel a little forced at time, but personally I like inane, made-up bullshit sometimes and The Congressman's Penis is just the inane, made-up bullshit that I need sometimes.

Also, does anyone remember what episode the Belgians liking waffles joke started?
People in Belgium always eat waffles all the time, it's just a known fact :colbert:

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
I like how in the latest Congressman's Penis, Stantonio says "bollocks" and the phrase "fancy dress" is used. THOSE ARE NOT AMERICAN WORDS ANDY! I'm starting to doubt Grisham really wrote this.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

dancehall posted:

I like how in the latest Congressman's Penis, Stantonio says "bollocks" and the phrase "fancy dress" is used. THOSE ARE NOT AMERICAN WORDS ANDY! I'm starting to doubt Grisham really wrote this.

It's edited by a brit.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Stantonio's a man of the world, he uses whatever words he drat well pleases.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Berlusconi, Gadaffi, Mubarak, Whibley.. where will The Curse Of Bugle strike next?

Strap yourselves in and get ready for a bumpy ride, Ahmadinejad and Chavez.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

More puns next episode, woo!

Dear God kill me now

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
I don't understand how people listening to a political satire podcast run by British comedians can seriously complain about Andy's humor being too dry or boring. Puns and torturously stretched out bits are droll and technical comedy exercises which fit in perfectly with his persona as a sport-loving goofy looking unashamed upper-class Oxbridge graduate. He's also pretty funny on his feet, though not quite as often as John. Their team is well balanced and I'm glad that he is involved in John's other projects.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Really enjoyed the excerpts from Andy's shows that they subbed in a while back.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
I'm getting up on some episodes, but I've got a question- what happened to episode 169? The RSS feed only shows 169a.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I don't know, my iTunes shows two 169 episodes, no 169a at all.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

The Dark One posted:

I'm getting up on some episodes, but I've got a question- what happened to episode 169? The RSS feed only shows 169a.

I think the initial copy of 169 released had some problems with it, so they released another copy called 169a.

It should be the same episode though.

Latitude Ocotpus
Nov 17, 2009
I'm glad I found this thread, at last I can listen to the first 90 episodes!

I personally love Andy's humour, I don't know anything about cricket or understand half the jokes he makes about it but I still think he is hilarious.
Maybe it's because I am British, I'm just used to that kind of humour? I don't know but I've become obsessed with the podcast.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
gently caress YOU CHRIS!
I'm a diehard bugler, and have been listening for over two years now.
I do have a claim to stake though. The Gadaffi Rap from Episode 92 ('Obama wins first preemptive peace prize') was mine, and it remains one of the things of which I'm proudest:

Lamadrid posted:

Which one is the episode of the gadaffi rap?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw4dMSo3rRQ

(I wrote the lyrics, but didn't do the remix)

I also had the great privilege of seeing Andy live, doing a preview for a BBC Radio 4 programme that I sadly completely forgot to listen to on transmission (was it ever put on air?) in the autumn of '09. As promised in the podcast, I got two-for-one tickets by turning up with a picture of Florence Nightingale. There were six audience members, total: me, a friend of mine, and four semi-drunk people at a table behind us. Andy soldiered on, though, even though he got heckles from one of the drunkards - it was a great night.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
I wish Andy had a larger profile and more options for projects, he's really funny in his extremely British way.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Analytic Engine posted:

I wish Andy had a larger profile and more options for projects, he's really funny in his extremely British way.

I realise this is opinion, but its still incorrect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Andy used to be on a radio show called "7 Day Sunday" with Chris Addison and Sarah Millican. It was pretty good, though it died a weird death. All of a sudden one week, they were gone and three new people showed up for five more episodes.

Addison, Zaltzman, and Oliver also did a radio show called The Department, which is also funny.

Here is the Badonkadonk mentioned in this week's Bugle and the recommended products that followed. The only one it's missing is the Playmobil Security Checkpoint.

• Locked thread