Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
I never knew a teenage girl that wasn't me to drink gin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
The last giant batch of punch I made for a Halloween party got people hammered and nobody complained about it being too sweet. That's not to say it wasn't sweet, however!

1-2 bottles Hawaiian Punch or whatever fruit punch
2-4 bottles of some Boone's Farm (I tended toward the orange, blue and pink ones)
Half a bottle or Malibu or so
Vodka to taste
1 bottle Sprite or clear soda of choice

There were a lot of drunk people that night.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Kenning posted:

^^ :( ^^

Nooooo there are so many horribly clashing flavors in there. The only things to recommend it will be the sugar and the drunk. Punch isn't just a random assortment of booze that happens to be served in a bowl. Punch should be light enough to be quaffable (somewhere between 10% and 16% ABV), sweet enough to be appetizing, sour enough to be refreshing, and strong enough to be fun. The most basic stripped-down punch recipe will contain sugar, water, booze, and lemon juice.

You can frown all you want but that punch bowl got drained, son. Drunk people aren't going to notice the nuances of your Classy Punch.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

http://bittercube.com/products/

So I picked up the Cherry Bark Vanilla bitters at Binny's the other day and I'm looking for actual drink recipes instead of vague suggestions of what to drink it in because frankly I'm usually not a person who uses bitters in drinks. I drink mostly G&T or Tom Collins type drinks and usually with Hendrick's.

quote:

Aromatic and potent, with hints of cherry, cocoa and Madagascar vanilla. The cherry aroma comes from wild cherry bark, and from Syrian cherry pits. The bitters have an interesting aroma of cocoa and bitter almonds.

Description from the website in case the flavor components help with suggestions.

:) Thanks!

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

The only problem with coming over to do that is getting into the city :v: poo poo's tricky. I was aiming to go to Kuma's before Christmas but I don't think there's any way I can make that happen with all the crap I still have to do. SOMEDAY :(

Thanks for the recipes though! Everyone has variations on even the most standard recipes so I figured I'd ask for a tried and true.

Of note to you, I may have recently purchased a Chimay and Lindemann's gift set so I could get glasses for them. This is all your fault.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Using powdered hot chocolate mix to ensure nothing curdles, I usually use peppermint Schnapps since it's still 30% ABV and doesn't have the same kick in the face that Rumplemintz does. Water to fill, mini candy cane and whipped cream if it's to be all fancy and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Mister Macys posted:

Since our state-run liquor stores don't stock Rumplemintz, what other creme de menthes/peppermint schnapps would you guys recommend?

Also, please recommend a light rum that isn't Flor de Cana. We don't have that either. :downs:
We do have Cuban rum (Havana Club), if that's any good.

For hot chocolate and stuff I just use DuBoucher Peppermint Schnapps. The brand that's everywhere that's relatively cheap. Tastes like Starlight Mints. :3: I know it's cheap crap but it's so minty if that's what you're going for then you won't taste anything else.