Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Rotten Cookies posted:

Stock Vermouth [Dry and Sweet] (It was cheap. Leave me alone.)

Really? I find the dry Stock is about on the same level as Noilly Prat as far as martinis go, I haven't yet tried the sweet variety though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

So. I'm a simple man. I'll blend plenty of cocktails, but often my home drinking urges are simply quelled by a Dark & Stormy. I have a problem though. I want more ginger! I've had the Gosling's house brand, the Target Archer Farms brand, D&G Jamaican Ginger Beer, and Goya Ginger Beer. The D&G comes closest I want to the ridiculous ginger attack I want, but I know there's gotta be something better. I've seen Reed's Extra Ginger Beer in a store near me. They stock it near the Tums and such in the health care section, which seems like a very good sign to me. Is this the endpoint to my MORE GINGER game?

Anyone had the Fever-Tree brand? I don't have anywhere near me that stocks it, but I can get a case for 36 bucks delivered by Amazon Prime, which doesn't seem unreasonable at all for what's marketed as a premium product. Just recommend me your favourite ginger beers. I need to know.

EDIT: As a big Gin and Tonic guy, how's the Fever-Tree Tonic Water? That's a bit of a bigger step up from my 89 cent grocery store brand 2-liters.

deadwing fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 14, 2011

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Ugh. I'm using my second bottle of the Goya ginger beer right now, and this is just all about the burn, with no delicious ginger flavor. So sad that it's halfway there. I'd love this burn if it was accompanied with delicious ginger flavor.