Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Picked up a bottle of Cointreau in the supermarket because why not and god drat I love this stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I bought a bottle of Hendricks Gin and I'm loving it. Aside from an amazing locally made gin that is hard to buy and extremely expensive, is there anything better I can buy for special occasions? Aside from lime what do people like to mix with Hendricks? I quite like Pink Gins but I feel it would be a waste with this

Jose fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 8, 2012

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

After buying a bottle of Hendricks I bought one of Tanqueray since it was a fair bit cheaper even after both have been reduced. I don't want to drink anything other than Hendricks again if its being bought from the supermarket. I added a whole homegrown small cucumber to my last drink and even though I added way too much hendricks (its kind of hard to tell how much is left in the bottle) it tasted great.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

So I was flying today for the first time in forever and was intending to pick up a bottle of Hendricks for my host. They didn't have any at the airport though but I did pick up a bottle of Bulldog gin and Williams Chase gin so we could go through them together. The Williams Chase is strong for gin (48%). Anything I should look out for or mix with them specifically? We've yet to try either of them yet

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

While gin is being discussed, what is some good, high quality gin that I can order online? Its the only spirit I really like and I'm thinking of getting a good bottle soon. Hendricks I can get at a supermarket and is easily the best gin I've bought out of everything I've been able to try. Other than the regular supermarket available stuff I tried a few others I bought at an airport.