Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get a little help. I'm hoping to have a tiki themed cocktail night for my upcoming birthday and I'm trying to assemble a drinks menu so that people coming can easily bring a bottle. I was thinking one punch that I could mix up and have in a large bowl so that people who don't want to fiddle around/wait for a cocktail to be mixed for them can grab a drink and then three or so good tiki cocktails.

I'm pretty sure that the Zombie is going to be one of the three (I've fallen head over heels in love with it thanks to a wonderful tiki bar where I used to live) but I'd really like to hear some suggestions of tiki or tiki-esque cocktails - my own cocktail knowledge isn't fantastic and I'm looking predominantly for ingedient overlap.

Obviously various rums are going to come up a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

So pretty much on the back of Kenning's many and varied posts of WHY ARE YOU NOT MAKING PUNCH MAKE PUNCH NOW, I got a punch bowl for Christmas and - having been following this thread for a while - whipped up a bowl of Admiral Russell's Punch for a party.

It was a rousing success. And so delicious. So very, very delicious.

Kenning, you were right. About everything. You were so right.

God I can't wait to make more punch.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Had the pleasure tonight of drinking a Corpse Reviver No. 2 in the Long Bar of the Waldorf Astoria Shanghai. It may be the most decadent cocktail experience I've ever had.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Came home after a very poo poo day and threw together a very mild spin on a rum sour based on what I could grab out of my bar with a minimum of effort.

2oz gold rum (Havana Club Anejo Especial)
1oz lemon juice
1/2oz cane sugar syrup
One (generous) dash Angostura bitters

Shake over ice, strain into cocktail glass, garnish with a lemon twist if you can be bothered.

It's interesting, the gold rum and the bitters work really nicely together under the lemon. I'd like to play with this some more, any suggestions for variations on the theme?