Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Friday
Oct 16, 2007

Just the facts, ma'am.

Wompa164 posted:

What are your favorite gins?

I just picked up a bottle of Bluecoat (750mL for $23), a bottle of Hayman's Old Tom (was thinking about Ransom but I think Hayman's will be more versatile for mixing) and a bottle of Dry Fly. DrinkupNY won't ship to TX, but luckily I have a friend in NY that will forward the package to me :)

I've got Ransom and Dry Fly in my cabinet right now. I also make my own gin sometimes too which I keep in a Mason jar and take sips from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Friday
Oct 16, 2007

Just the facts, ma'am.
Old Tom gin, Q Tonic and a few thin slices of kaffir lime is making the most aromatic gin and tonic I've ever tasted. It's amazing.

On the subject of vermouth, I love me a Bamboo. Mix:

1 part sherry
1 part dry vermouth
Dash of bitters
Dash or 2 orange bitters
Candied orange peel

Combine vermouth, bitters and sherry over ice, stir, strain and garnish. This is a really good and seldom drank cocktail.