Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

branedotorg
Jun 19, 2009
The only book i recommend is Kingsley Amis On Drinking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

branedotorg
Jun 19, 2009
It's generally 30mls (1 liquid ounce-ish)

branedotorg
Jun 19, 2009
Lower alcohol summer drink?
Aperol spritzer. Equal parts aperol, a dry italian white like soave or grigio & san pelegrino water, over ice, garnished with a citrus twist or an olive or two.

branedotorg
Jun 19, 2009
Use crushed ice but don't build in the glass. Shake & strain into the collins glass with fresh crushed ice.
It's pretty much a negroni with elderflower?

branedotorg
Jun 19, 2009

I like turtles posted:

That sounds really cool - though it would probably only look good before we started drinking it and disturbed the float, right?

Might set up a gin and tonic station separate from the punch and hit that with black light, while many of us love gin and tonics, it might kinda throw the punch off in the quantity needed to get a decent glow out of it

You could buy some quinine extract, as it's what fluoresces - it'll do it under natural daylight.
It will make the punch taste intense though.

branedotorg
Jun 19, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

I was interested in their gomme syrup specifically; do you know a vendor that isn't in the bloody UK? I can find domestic vendors for everything else.

Also, can anyone recommend good creme de cacao and creme de cassis?

G E Massenez make the best range imo, significantly better than baitz, bols or marie brizzard.

branedotorg
Jun 19, 2009

Vegetable Melange posted:

Surprisingly easy, despite the fact that you have to whip the cream. Use old tom gin or Plymouth.

I stick the whole thing in a soda siphon with nitrous - excepting the soda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

branedotorg
Jun 19, 2009
Monin do a reasonable one too although it doesn't have the orange blossom aftertaste of the 'real' versions. Fee brothers also make a version.