Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Someone gifted me a bottle of Limoncello and I can't figure out what to do with it. Any suggestions? I looked up some recipes online and frankly all of them wind up feeling like "just throw some of this stuff in another drink." So far I've tried a Lemon Drop and a Sour and both were pretty underwhelming. Should I just make a spritz and call it a day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Carillon posted:

TBH I've mainly just had it as a cordial/liqueur chilled straight from the freezer.
Hmmm maybe I can just mix it with gin and make like an italian gimlet.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

BrianBoitano posted:

Also, soak some berries in lemoncello and top with whipped cream. Bonus if you have a crumbly cookie or shortcake. Extra bonus if you crumble a handful of nilla wafers and toast them in brown butter!
That sounds tight, Imma tell Mrs. Strange Matter about this too.

EDIT: Reading back on prior pages, I'm a bit worried about my ginger syrup. I use a 2:1 for the liquid, but then I went and processed a bunch of the candied ginger and strained out more ginger juice because I want the stuff to burn. I made a batch about three months ago that worked like gangbusters; it was so thick that I'd need to break it up with the back of a barspoon then shake it up before I could pour, but it was fire, and it was rich enough that it stayed stable for the whole time I used it.

I ran out like three weeks ago and cooked up a new batch. I wound up losing a bunch of my strained ginger juice due to being clumsy so it ended up with half the strained juice as my last batch. On the bright side it's nice and hot while still being totally pourable, but I noticed that the bottle I put it in was ejecting its silicon stopper like a cannonball until I corked it with a heavier one. My previous G.S. was in a screwtop bottle so I didn't notice any pressure buildup. Is that normal for ginger syrup, or is that batch going to go bad on me?

Strange Matter fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 17, 2022

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

prayer group posted:

That's fermenting for sure. I'd try adding a bit of vodka to the syrup to stabilize it, that should kill the fermentation and preserve it for longer.
Good suggestion, thanks.

Trip report on Limoncello + Gin: it's okay, but it's got none of the zip of a normal gimlet, so its kind of a let-down. Though I may have spoiled myself with a Earl Grey MarTEAni which is like an out of body gin experience.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Limoncello Saga Part III:

Found a recipe for a Limoncello Smash that was actually really good:

1.5oz gin
1oz limoncello
5 muddled blackberries
Soda Water

The recipe called for tonic water actually but I found that the tonic didn't play nice with the limoncello, so I think soda is probably the way to go. This was actually a really nice mix since the lemon and blackberry are one of my go-to dessert flavors. Really refreshing, nicely balanced, not super sweet.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
One of the other advantages of a Boston shaker is that it minimizes splashes when mixing ice into your drink. Since it's two vessels you can fill one with booze and the other ice, then pour the booze over the ice and close the shaker. With a Cobbler you usually pour in the booze first and them add ice, and if you're using big fat ice cubes like Morganthaler suggests for maximum aeration you're going to get liquor splashing up and out of your container. I haven't upgraded to a Boston yet and I need to sort of gently land my big cube inside the Cobbler to avoid making a huge mess and losing volume.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Fart Car '97 posted:

Use your mixing spoon to lower the ice into the shaker instead of dropping it in
I usually just angle my cobbler a bit and slide it down, no mess, but a Boston eliminates this entirely. No shenanigans needed. It's also more theatrical since you can get a nice tall pour when you add the liquor to the ice.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

The Maestro posted:

But if you poured tall wouldn’t the liquid hit the ice and splash out?
Maybe? All I know is that if I drop a big fat cube into 4-6oz of liquid, depending on how much I'm making, I'll have a huge mess on my hand. I think fluid dynamics would favor pouring vs dropping.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Make the drink in one side of the Boston shaker, put the ice in the other side, pour liquid to ice, seal, shake. I'm not sure I've ever spelled that out even it's so intuitive.
Hence the superiority of the Boston shaker. I have a Cobbler and I've already taken to throwing a Hawthorne on it vs using the built in strainer. You wouldn't think it makes a difference but even that does. So I'm halfway there, I'm just waiting until I get truly fed-up with the Cobbler.

EDIT: Before I actually decided to learn what I was doing with drinks I deliberately went out of my way *not* to buy a Boston Shaker, lol

Strange Matter fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 19, 2022

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Pander posted:

The morganthaler ice method involves one big cube and a bunch of small ones. Add the small ice first, that cushions the big cube. Not hard. I mostly use a cobbler and have never had drink fly out from adding ice.
This is smart! I'll do that going forward, thanks!

Speaking of jiggers I bought a 2oz/1oz to replace the 1oz/.5oz that my shaker kit came with, but it was only about a month ago that I realized the line on the inside of the 2oz side was, infact, 1.5oz instead of the 2oz mark, so I'd been underpouring my drinks for like two months. My Mai Tais sure taste better now though!

On the bright side it was only *slightly* underpouring since the 1.5 mark is actually more like 1.75

Strange Matter fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 20, 2022

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
So I picked up some Campari to experiment with Negronis. I didn't *love* the standard Negroni, but that may have been my vermouth which is quite old and I've come to understand that old Vermouth kinda gets wonky. But I subbed Aperol for the Campari and *that* is lovely. But maybe I just love Aperol. I'm gonna try switching sweet vermouth for dry and seeing how a Contessa compares next.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

The Maestro posted:

Give it a few tries. Campari is absolutely an acquired taste, and you might just never like it. It took me about half a bottle but now Negronis and their variants are my favorite cocktails.
Am I right about my vermouth though? I bought it literally years ago and since I don't drink a lot of stuff with it (Mahattens really don't agree with my pallete) I'm worried it might have gone bad or something since it's not refrigerated, and I think I read somewhere that vermouth tends to do that. My dry stuff tastes okay, so maybe I just don't like sweet vermouth very much.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
So speaking of bitters, I want to start expanding by collection of the stuff. I've got Ango and Orange (technically not actual ango since I bought Fee brothers which this thread has just taught me might be a mistake but they taste pretty good to my somewhat unpracticed pallet), are there any must haves I should check out? I'm interested in getting some Chocolate Bitters to make Left Hands since I have all this Campari, what's a good brand I should look into for that?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Another thing to do is to get some absinthe into a dasher bottle - absinthe is a fantastic bitter, and I use it a lot in nontypical situations.
Absinthe is on my long-term wishlist as I'm building up to make an Improved Whiskey Cocktail/Sazerac, which has so many ingredients it might as well be a Tiki drink. I still need it, Maraschino, and Peychaud's, but that's like a $100.00 investment to make one drink, basically.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Angosturra’s cocoa bitters are nice, as is Bittermens’ mole bitters. What to get next really depends on what you enjoy drinking. If you like whiskey drinks, black walnut bitters are quite nice. If you like rum, Bittermens’ Elemakule Tiki bitters are great (though ironically aren’t really at home in tiki drinks.)
I've seen black walnut in a lot of recipes, I'll for sure check that out, thanks!

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Back to Vermouth chat, is Dolin a good starting place? I don't love a lot of vermouth centric drinks so I'd like to have something with a nice balance of good and cheap.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Kenning posted:

Dolin is excellent, both sweet and dry. Vya is another good brand that's in the same overall tier.

The Maestro posted:

Oh god yes. Vermouth so good you’ll find yourself making 50/50 martinis.
Well I'm sold, thanks thread.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Hmmm looking around for Dolin Vermouth, what's the variety used for Sweet? Is it Rouge de Chambery? Because I'm having a hard time figuring out which one is supposed to be Sweet, whereas the dry is quite evident.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I whipped up a batch of Morganthaler's Lime Cordial and now I'm desperate to find more things to put it in other than gimlets because that stuff rocks.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Pander posted:

I take this back. I think it's a matter of taste. I eased back for a couple drinks today, lowered the ratio, and it ended up great.

Margarita was pretty good, 2oz tequila, 3/4 oz dry Curacao, and ~1/2 oz of lime cordial mix.

Then I went for a rum drink that, while a touch on the sweet side, was delicious
3/4 oz smith and cross
1 oz dark rum (seale 10 yr)
1 oz light rum (Bacardi)
1/2 oz falernum
1/2 oz orgeat
1 oz lime cordial

Might be off by 1/4 oz for the last three each, can't remember exactly what I did but I think that's close.
Glad you took another swing at it! Also glad that my pallet isn't so off that I'm enjoying something objectively bad lol

The other day I realized that I'm 3/4 of the way towards being able to make Paper Planes. The only ingredient I'm missing is Amaro, which is hard for me to justify since:

a.) I'd be buying it just to make a Paper Plane, basically, and
b.) the only liquor store that carries it around me (and anything else interesting) is way out of my way.

But I thought about the flavor profile for Amaro (Nonino specifically): bitter root and a litlte sweet with notes of orange and other spices. So I came up with the idea of mixing Campari with an orange liqueur to sort of simulate something in the vicinity of Amaro Nonino. I used Triple Sec because I'm both basic and cheap, you could probably get better results with cointreau or dry curacao (I'd use curacao but I only have it in blue). BUT the result was actually very good! I can't really say how it compares directly with a Paper Plane but I really liked it. Quite orange forward thanks to the triple sec and aperol playing nicely together, but well grounded by the campari.

The Amaro M.I.A, or the No-Nino Paper Plane
1oz bourbon
1oz aperol
1oz lemon juice
.5oz orange liqueur
.5oz campari

I might experiment with the ratio but I really enjoyed it. Mainly bitter but with just enough sweet and tart to balance it out.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

obi_ant posted:

Use the amaro to make a Fallback!
Is there any real difference between apple brandy and applejack? It could be fun to grab some applejack and make some real old school mixed drinks and colonial era nonsense.

Data Graham posted:

I got some Nonino but it doesn't quite agree with my taste buds on its own, a little too funky. But Meletti is real nice, probably does real well in a Paper Plane.
I'm pretty sure my Good Liquor Store doesn't sell Nonino but it definitely has Amaro Montenegro, on account of it being in a bottle that looks like a genie should pop out of it. How interchangeable are Amaros when it comes to mixed drinks?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I'll happily make a DnS with Appleton Estate and nobody is gonna stop me.

I think some wiggle room is necessary in mixology, otherwise the entire practice becomes hopelessly granular. There are a million different rums and all of them taste different, some wildly different even though they fall into the same category of spirit. If using Appleton vs Smith and Cross in a Mai Tai is going to result in a formally defined different drink then i think the entire thing becomes kind of inaccessible.

If folks are saying that Nonino and Montenegro are closely related that one can be subbed for the other with approximately similar results then it should be seen as fine.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Scythe posted:

There aren’t a lotta bright lines in cocktails, but fortunately/unfortunately the “bright line” concept itself turns out to be pretty loving hard to draw bright lines around. (Ask me about my philosophy degree. Preferably over cocktails.)

I say that yeah, it’s technically a different drink, but who cares about mentioning that? If it’s tasty, make it, if it’s not, don’t. Call it a Paper Plane (if you want) when your normie friends come to your house and you make ‘em some drinks, call it a Paper Plane With Montenegro on cocktail nerd forums.
Sensitivity of pallet also matters too, I guess. I enjoy a nice gin cocktail but I'm not going to pretend that I notice a massive difference between the 1.5L bottle of Seagrams I bought for $23.00 and the 750ml Bombay Sapphire that I was gifted. Rum, on the other hand, loudly broadcasts its different flavor profiles to me personally, whereas my wife could care less about whether I use Bacardi or Appleton to make her a drink. Along those lines one person could easily say a Nonino Paper Plane tastes more or less the same as a Montenegro one, while to someone else they're entirely different beverages.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

The Maestro posted:

There’s always gonna be the person who’s pissed at you for serving a proper Mai Tai and not an unbalanced sugar bomb of OJ and pineapple.
I love how people have such a mistaken idea of what a Mai Tai is. Do restaurant bars just not carry orgeat and just throw whatever fruits they have together which has created the misconception of the drink?

Everyone I've made a real Mai Tai for always reacts the same way, which is usually just shock.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
EDIT: Pastis with Orgeat is the frenchest thing I've ever heard of.

Speaking of orgeat is there an appreciable difference flavor wise between making it with fresh almonds vs almond milk?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I live in Zone 7B/8A and I badly want to see if I can plant a lime tree in my yard. Lemons are dirt cheap around here and one lemon easily gives up 1.5oz, but for some reason all the limes I get are incredibly stingy and I'm lucky to get .5oz out of one.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Anonymous Robot posted:

Is it worth making creme de menthe? I’m planning to make creme de mure and limoncello, and I grow my own mint so it kind of seems like why not. But at the same time, it seems like it’s basically used in a grasshopper and nothing else?

I've used to it make a pretty delicious dessert martini that someone asked me reverse engineer from a drink list they ran across at a restaurant:

1oz creme de menthe
1.5oz vanilla infused vodka
1.5oz irish cream

shake and pour into a glass wit a chocolate drizzle inside and a mint leaf on top. Not the most complex drink but it's tasty and is visually pretty impressive. Granted I don't make my own creme de menthe but I do infuse the vodka myself, so I don't know how worth it that will be.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Scythe posted:

That is disrespectful to the julep! The crushed ice gives it a totally different effect, IMO, and if you do a good job muddling (and remove the muddled mint) and cover the entire top of the glass with a giant mint bouquet it's plenty minty, especially if you purposely use a short straw so you have to bury your nose in it to drink. Also overproof bourbon is an absolute must with all that ice.

No shame in using a syrup too, I just love a good julep and don't want anyone who hasn't tried a really well-made one done the classic way to be turned off them.
I made one the other night with like 10 or so fresh mint leaves and it was so minty it actually gave my wife indigestion. I loved it though, drank hers and mine. Cold and incredibly refreshing with all the crushed ice.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Tiki Question: how much of a difference does the pot still black rum make in a Jungle Bird? Because I made it the other day with regular 'ole dark rum and it was mighty delicious, very different flavor profile from most other tiki drinks I've had.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Fart Car '97 posted:

Regular dark rum is going to be closer in style to the Blackstrap rum that's usually called for in a jungle bird, so it makes sense. The hamilton pot still black isn't really a Black strap and it wouldn't be the first thing I reach for to sub in for it. Dark rum, "pot still black" and Blackstrap are all fairly distinct rums
That's what I love about Rum. I went to a rum tasting party pre-COVID and we had like 20 or so rums there and the enormous variety of flavors really changed my outlook on the stuff. I think at this point it's my favorite spirit. Appleton Estate is my go to for basic dark rum, but I'm currently trying out a bottle of Havana Club because I was on a bit of a budget and it's got a nice flavor to it as well.

Unrelated, I finally got my hands on some Dolin. :holymoley: that stuff is excellent. I can see now why folks swear by it. I put it in a Negroni today and it completely changed my outlook on the drink.

Strange Matter fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 11, 2022

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
was that made like any old Oleosacchrum, or is there some other trick to making it from bananas?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Barman said it was just like any other. First batch he said he added water because he thought there wouldn't be enough liquid, but that was a poor choice. Second batch normal recipe but with banana, worked a treat. Really tasted nice. Rum was a five rum blend they do at the bar, with a coconut water ice cube and orange peel/cherry garnish.
I can't help feeling that a banana syrup would just taste weird to me. I love bananas, but I sort of only love them as bananas, so I'm really struggling to conceptualize this taste experience.

Pander posted:

Dolin sweet vermouth? Huh I only ever use it for dry, and stick to Italian reds.
I made a Left Hand with it tonight too which was pretty good as well, though I think I prefer the sharpness of the Negroni. I think for me Sweet Vermouth and Bourbon just don't mix; I don't really care for Manhattans either, so I should have seen that coming.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Definitely going to add that Falernum recipe to my To Do list. I'm sure my wife is going look at me like I'm a maniac, but that's what she thought about my orgeat and ginger syrups and now whose the one cruising the dark and stormy seas to mai tai island??

EDIT: Speaking of Mrs. Strange Matter, she's got a real thing for flavored whiskeys, which I sort of despise. We bought some Ole Smokey peanut butter bourbon which is okay, and then this bird dog blackberry whiskey which tastes entirely like cough syrup and is completely unpalatable to everyone except her.

That being said, I did discover something pretty amazing. A mere .75oz of lemon juice thrown in with 2oz bird dog makes a spectacular little beverage. If you somehow find yourself saddled with that stuff which tastes on its own like something the drink machine from Hitchhiker's Guide would make, that little bit of sour makes all the difference in the world.

In exchange for this, someone please tell me what to do with the Fireball she was gifted. She drinks that stuff straight up, but it's orders of magnitude too sweet and honestly fake tasting for me.

Strange Matter fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 13, 2022

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Waltzing Along posted:

IIRC, part of the shaking process is to aerate the citrus which helps to mellow it out a bit. While the ice, at the same time, is helping to dilute the mixture.

If you care to share, what drinks are you making?
With that, you might want to try the Dave Arnold ice method, which is two large cubes in your shaker, one cracked (for dilution) and the other solid (for mixing and aeration). I've made drinks for several folks who said "this is the best X I've ever had" and I mostly credit that since I'm not using exotic or expensive liquors and I'm just doing the recipe correctly...

...which I think is also a factor, really. I've had Whiskey Sours at restaurant bars that didn't have egg white or bitters added and it makes an enormous difference (which is why I don't really order mixed drinks from restaurants in general). Following "proper" methods and using real measurements really has a big impact, it turns out.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I follow Greg's method if only because it's easier on my ice supply. I also don't know how the 2 cracked-1 whole method is supposed to fit in a glass, since 1/1 pretty much fills all of my cocktail glasses just about to the brim.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Waltzing Along posted:

Pretty sure the 1 big, 2 little is for when you strain the ice. The other benefit of not cracking the big cube is you don't end up with a bunch of tiny ice shards that could end up in your drink. Unless you double strain, of course.
I'm talking about the strainer, actually, and the dilution that comes from the cracked cube. I feel like doubling the dilution would windup overflowing my cocktail glasses.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

PRADA SLUT posted:

Is there a drink like a Mexican gin and tonic? Something tequila/mezcal based but more of like a large iced drink?

The closest I have is making a larger Paloma, or adding Jarritos to a margarita base. Anything else?

I’m looking for a higher-volume, iced “summer porch drink”, if that makes sense.
My first thought was a Paloma as well. It's the only tequila-based drink I can think that lets you poor a big glass without having a bunch of other ingredients.

Speaking of which I've been accumulating Grapefruit peel while making this exceptionally delicious drink. Once I make a few more I'll have enough peel to make Grapefruit Oleosaccharum, and from there Grapefruit Soda to make a fresh Paloma.

Mrs. Strange Matter found this recipe to use the giant rosemary bushes that that have grown in our yard:

Rosemary Salty Dog
2 inches Rosemary
2 oz Grapefruit Juice
1.5 oz Gin
1/2 teaspoon sugar

Muddle the Sugar and Rosemary, then shake the rest of the ingredients together with ice. Strain into a cocktail glass rimmed with salt, garnish with more rosemary.

I found that the half rimming the glass worked well because the herbal quality of the rosemary gets overpowered with too much salt, so half rimming it lets you be more measured in how much salt you take. I guess some saline might do the trick as well, but honestly I'm split on whether the drink needs salt at all because it's so good on its own. The grapefruit and rosemary play exceptionally well with the botanicals in Gin.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
On the virgin side of things, anyone have a good Lemonade recipe? The other week some friends brought over some brand name store bought Lemonade that I hit up with some ginger syrup and they couldn't get enough of it, and now I volunteered to make some for a BBQ. Weirdly enough I've never made homemade lemonade before, what's a good lemon to sugar to water ratio?

Also thinking of making a lemon simple syrup to instead of regular sugar, since that sounds pretty delicious anyway.

Strange Matter fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 21, 2022

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

BrianBoitano posted:

From my wife, who got it from an Insta story I believe

Ingredients (makes 16 oz lemonade base)
3 tablespoons lemon zest
1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice, about 6-8 large juicy lemons total
1/2 cup sugar

Instructions
1. Zest 3 lemons in a bowl, making sure you avoid the pith (soft white part of the lemon). You should be left with 3 tablespoons lemon zest. Add the sugar and rub the two together using your fingers, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until fragrant. The lemon zest is filled with aromatic oils that'll take the flavor of your lemonade to the next level.

2. Roll the lemons on the work surface using your palm, pressing them down. This will make them easier to squeeze. Juice 6 to 8 lemons in the bowl, you should have about 1 1/2 cups lemon juice. Store the mixture in a container, in the fridge.

3. To make the lemonade, mix 1 part mixture and 4 to 6 parts water, to taste. Add ice and garnish with fresh lemon slices.

We made this twice this weekend, once for a party and once again because a person dumped out ~a quart of leftover while cleaning up because he thought we weren't going to keep it. So made another batch for home.
Do you strain the mixture after combining with lemon juice to get the solid lemon zest out, or keep it in? Or does it sort of dissolve together?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Anonymous Robot posted:

Has anyone ever tried a tonic syrup concentrate? My partner likes drinking tonic straight or with some bitters, I was wondering if the concentrate was a worthwhile upgrade over Canada Dry (or I suppose Fever Tree) or whatever.
How to Drink just did a video on exactly this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk8_3Z0Rce8

I'm currently accumulating materials to make Morganthaler's home made tonic.

Strange Matter fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jul 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Made my first batch of Oleo-Saccharum today. Grapefruit for palomas. Man if that isn't an utterly transcendent mixture. What other good drinks can I make with this before it runs out, or should I just embalm myself with palomas which to be fair seems like a very good strategy.