Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Bundaberg Ginger Beer is pretty good, and you can find it if you have a World Market near you.

edit: Also, Try B&B in place of brandy/cognac for an Old Fashioned. So good. Another lovely old fashioned twist is rye whiskey and ginger beer. So much spice!

icehewk fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 14, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Tonic glows like a motherfucker if you can get a blacklight.

edit: tonic is made from semen.

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Invalid Octopus posted:

A couple asked my boyfriend and I to design the signature cocktails for her wedding. BF is doing the groom's, and they'll also have beer and wine - so I'll be doing a more fruity/girly one for the bride. Decided to make three small infusions to just experiment with (with her) - one grapefruit, one ginger, and I'm undecided on the third. Ideas for something that's in that direction without being too sweet/fruity?

French 75s!

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

King Hotpants posted:

I love Rittenhouse rye. I also love how much it costs, which is "almost nothing." Something this tasty shouldn't cost $22. It just shouldn't.

I bought a bottle from a local store but it tastes like musty cardboard. Attempting to mix it only makes the taste stronger unless it's super sugary. Is it possible it'd gone off from being stored at too high of temperatures?

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Engin3 posted:

I have herbsaint for sazeracs. so far it has served as a decent substitution for absinthe in other cocktails. it's also a lot cheaper than absinthe

Thanks, I was trying to find a way around spending $50 for a cocktail ingredient used to merely coat a glass.

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Hey Kenning, any punches you would recommend for using Lemonhart rum in?

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Is there a name for a Boulevardier with rye? Does it remain a Boulevardier?

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

You know how cheese develops flavor crystals after a while? It's like that.

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Skip the bar and upgrade to Campari :getin:

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Hail cocktail thread. Is there anything combining campari and pastis?

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Sounds great, thanks!

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Vegetable Melange posted:

It's always negroni season. :colbert:

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

If you like grit, muddle. If you dont, use syrup. I like the grit in an old fashioned, but most other drinks are better with syrup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Hey Kenning, which of those would work with Burmese food(Thai+Indian+Chinese)? Was thinking either the Gowanus or the Limmer's.