Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
Let's talk cool cocktail bars...

For people in SE MI:

https://www.facebook.com/ArtNoveltyCompany The Oakland Art Novelty Co., Ferndale

They're my favorite cocktail bar I've ever been to. Their menu changes about once a week it seems, and the bartenders are all very knowledgeable and very cool. The decor is straight out of the 1930s(they have this crazy giant chandelier and old school couches and leather chairs, very neat) and the employees all wear kind of period-inspired clothing.

Drinks are all $9 -- with the exception of the ultra-high shelf cocktails -- and made, of course, with high quality ingredients. They make their own ginger beer for use in Dark & Stormys, make some of their own bitters, and marinate their own maraschino cherries. Great place. Oh, and they do that thing where they squeeze the lemon peel and light the oils over your drink. How cool is that poo poo?

They just started serving beer and wine. They actually had a very good cocktail made with New Holland Dragon Milk beer, chicory-infused bitters, and... I forgot. Some dark brown booze of some sort(I THINK it was bourbon...), and they put an egg-white foam on top of it that they drizzled the chicory bitters on. So good.

http://www.alleybarannarbor.com/ The Alley Bar, Ann Arbor

I've only been here once but it was good. Small place, had kind of a dive-bar atmosphere to it, lots of hipsters and lesbians. Drinks were pretty good but I hosed up and ordered a Sazerac for my second drink, not knowing it had absinthe in it(which I hate). Bleh. The rye Manhattan I had was very good, though.

ashgromnies fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 12, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU