Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I have to say, I didn’t expect Seth to start looking like Ted Cruz in his middle age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

:lol: that's hosed up. The more favorable comparison I've always heard was he looks like Jonathan's dad, which is true and kind of funny

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Gavin Newsom was another resemblance people have pointed out.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

General Dog posted:

I have to say, I didn’t expect Seth to start looking like Ted Cruz in his middle age.

Reported for this vile comment

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Seth will stun in the Newsom biopic. Sadly such a film will not have any reason to be made

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
In 837, Jonathan mentions that he’s going to do a show featuring new musical equipment with his friend Ryan.

How many episodes of that show got made?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

mweber posted:

In 837, Jonathan mentions that he’s going to do a show featuring new musical equipment with his friend Ryan.

Haha E1 Podcast irl

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

mweber posted:

Every Jonathan needs a Seth.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Jonathan is a gd treasure.

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

https://www.yelp.com/user_details_reviews_self?userid=W2woEM7nn2rjLpdbywEktg

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

SO SHADY Is there a zero star rating ?? JIVE !!!!

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
"test jive" lmfao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Test Jive Unlimited

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

I can't remember if it was posted "recently", but I was cleaning out bookmarks on my phone and it was in there so I figured I'd throw it here before deleting it. Does anyone know what episode number that story is from?

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

I've been thinking about this topic a lot too lately: is the UYD run of 1-150/200 the greatest comedy podcast ever? I'll see comments in places like "cumtown/MSSP is the greatest comedy podcast in existence". I never reply but I think "What? No?? UYD easily was without question".

But I've never really listened to comedy podcasts that much. Just UYD, Comedy Bang Bang back in the day, Bodega Boys, Cumtown and MSSP. I feel really defensive when I see comments like that lol, but I might be wrong and you guys know about a podcast that was on the level of early UYD.

EDIT: I stop it at ~200 because i remember around the 200s/year 2009 they got kinda angry and negative. But they eventually stopped that, and they never stopped being insanely funny with their own voice. imo you could choose a random episode from even the 500-700s and it'd make me giggle more than most things.

emptyrave fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 3, 2024

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I think comedy is subjective and podcasting fans live in complete echo chambers where their faves have monopolies on funny banter. Everyone thinks their parasocial besties are the funniest. When I think back to high school, the funniest two dudes in my year group were my friends. In my adult life, the funniest two dudes are Uhh Yeah Dude. Clearly and obviously.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
Whatever you may think about comedy the lack of accolades being sent the way of these beauty boys is proof of a crime and also a conspiracy.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Them debating the morals of pawn shops was great. All around good episode.

Beastie fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Mar 7, 2024

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

842: Esquapes partners with Inngi.
843: Seth loses it about a chicken finger restaurant dubbed "Huey McGoo's".

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Get the Goo sauce!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

emptyrave posted:

I've been thinking about this topic a lot too lately: is the UYD run of 1-150/200 the greatest comedy podcast ever? I'll see comments in places like "cumtown/MSSP is the greatest comedy podcast in existence". I never reply but I think "What? No?? UYD easily was without question".

But I've never really listened to comedy podcasts that much. Just UYD, Comedy Bang Bang back in the day, Bodega Boys, Cumtown and MSSP. I feel really defensive when I see comments like that lol, but I might be wrong and you guys know about a podcast that was on the level of early UYD.

EDIT: I stop it at ~200 because i remember around the 200s/year 2009 they got kinda angry and negative. But they eventually stopped that, and they never stopped being insanely funny with their own voice. imo you could choose a random episode from even the 500-700s and it'd make me giggle more than most things.

Humor is incredibly subjective, and the boys have never really promoted themselves beyond word of mouth, for better or worse (and intentionally or not, JONATHAN). I've tried and failed for years to get other people to listen to this show, including one person who I've known for 5+ years calling it "your one recommendation that I just can't get behind". Feels bad man because I agree, it's a riot.

I'll give the boys this: the show has aged a lot better than most humor I've encountered in the last 15-20 years.

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

Yeah the promotion aspect probably has a lot to do with it. In my mind it's a huge podcast ha. They've been hovering at 11k on their patreon since it began, but I guess it's not nearly as well known as I think it is.

Anyways~~~
I agree the new episode was a good convo about pawn shops.

https://uhhyeahdude.com/seths_corner/
Here's Seth's Clips. This is how I got a couple friends into the show. I imagine everyone here is familiar, but it's really worth going back and watching them.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Kung Fu Panda 4 promotion got me seeking out the clip of Seth recounting overhearing two dudes breaking down the end of the first one in public.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfUjJDLkRIQ

"He's bigger...more body mass. That's why he won, he just believed it."

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My wife is watching something called Damsel on Netflix right now, and this movie has strong Hollywood Blacklist energy.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

C-Euro posted:

Humor is incredibly subjective, and the boys have never really promoted themselves beyond word of mouth, for better or worse (and intentionally or not, JONATHAN). I've tried and failed for years to get other people to listen to this show, including one person who I've known for 5+ years calling it "your one recommendation that I just can't get behind". Feels bad man because I agree, it's a riot.

I'll give the boys this: the show has aged a lot better than most humor I've encountered in the last 15-20 years.

The Craigslist bits are still some of the funniest poo poo to ever come out of podcasting and feel like they were incredibly ahead of their time for that sort of stuff

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Think it was 843 when Seth talked about the Jimmy Dean meatless sausage/egg biscuits.

I had some last week. Mr. James Dean would indeed be rolling in his grave. :barf:

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

C-Euro posted:

My wife is watching something called Damsel on Netflix right now, and this movie has strong Hollywood Blacklist energy.

I know that's the new movie with Millie Bobby Brown, but there was another movie called Damsel that came out like 6 or 7 years ago with Rob Pattinson that was actually pretty good

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Tim Horton’s is way worse than Dunkin.

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV2QEOyyjTk

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I can’t remember now if he ever expanded on the how and why

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

It's funny listening to that and thinking of all the times he talked about sex (related to the newest ep with him hating hearing about other people talk about sex), then now listening to the TCAP compilation on YouTube and hearing him say "iirc the two times I had sex in a hot tub it sucked for both people and I ended up farting out chlorine water".

Both of these are from forever ago but it made me lol. I know he said something like "granted I've done that" but I probably know more about Jonathan's sex life than probably anyone.

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1tFpsbUdS4

I say that and can't really think of anything else at the moment other than the Hawaii beach story. I don't wanna start a "let's reminisce about Jonathan's sex" haha, so here's the TCAP compilation.

I know they did xbox gamertags that someone's girlfriend (?) called in with and listed a bunch, but they should've done all the names of TCAP handles.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

causticBeet posted:

The Craigslist bits are still some of the funniest poo poo to ever come out of podcasting and feel like they were incredibly ahead of their time for that sort of stuff

Jah has a better understanding of the internet in this clip than many much more important people have today. From 2007!
https://youtu.be/sWsnaLIln1c?si=tkhScev7wWPGNUkR

Binowru posted:

I know that's the new movie with Millie Bobby Brown, but there was another movie called Damsel that came out like 6 or 7 years ago with Rob Pattinson that was actually pretty good

Picturing Seth being restrained and forced to watch the newer movie, then gnawing through his restraints like an animal when the slow cover of Ring of Fire drops.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
drat that logo is a banger, they’ve had some good ones over the years but the campfire one is a personal fave.

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005
I used to be a deli sandwich
Does anyone have the episode # for Seth ripping Jacob Elordi for daring to follow Austin Butler as Elvis?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

No but its real recent, like this year and in the last 5-10.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
The thing about online chat is a lot if it is fantagious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I’ve been relistening from the beginning (gotta do something at work) and yeah its always been at least good but Seth gets so loving funny around episode 120