Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

JethroMcB posted:

What can you tell us about the Egg Wars?

In the grim future of the Merrimack Valley, there is nothing BUT egg wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I just finished my run through of all 289 episodes just this past monday and now there is a giant void in my life. I think I started in the spring, and typically listened to 2-4 episodes most weekdays.

Even if other podcasts were funnier or more poignant, there's just something about UYD that just always wants to be in my ears. think part of it was so many of the things they talked about I REALLY wanted to chime in on, maybe because they would drop this big knowledge bomb, talk about it for one minute, and then just move on to the next topic, so you're like "Wait I have more to say and hear about that!"

Sometimes I wonder if Seth really does have an email address because to me that's the craziest thing about him, especially since he seemingly is on the internet a lot.

widunder
May 2, 2002

Asnorban posted:

I have a hard time listening to that fight. Jah sounded legit raged.
It's really odd because it has never happened before or since then. However, it's a pretty great discussion had Jonathan gotten so drat mad about the whole dog thing.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I think the craziest thing about Seth that I can remember is that thing about not speaking in one restaurant he visits. Still waiting for an explanation ~280 episodes later!!!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Asnorban posted:

I have a hard time listening to that fight. Jah sounded legit raged.

Is that the episode where they had a huge fight and later realized it may have been because there was a carbon monoxide leak in Seth's apartment?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Transfatuation posted:

I think the craziest thing about Seth that I can remember is that thing about not speaking in one restaurant he visits. Still waiting for an explanation ~280 episodes later!!!

I think it was explained. Somewhere else they like constantly hosed up what he wanted until he just wrote it down and they got it right. It was the same thing at this restaurant and he just kept doing it.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
One of the best episodes to put on a list of greats is #74. Includes an awesome To Catch a Predator, the beginnings of Craigslist, Jonathan's rant against other podcasts and other awesome poo poo.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

So glad we have this subforum and thread now! I'm a recent convert, being linked from the old podcast thread to the youtube episode discussing "who is parenting harder" and ever since then I've been hooked.

I'm not nearly as good at plowing through the content like some in this thread (and those I've managed to convert). I'm basically listening to the new episodes as they come out and going back through in order 'till I'm caught up. Currently, I think I'm somewhere in the mid-twenties.

Jah's story about making GBS threads the shower was so funny. You could tell Seth wanted to change the subject and was kinda uncomfortable. That made it even funnier to me. It's hard, because most of my time listening to podcasts is at work where I'm doing data entry. The show has gotten me in trouble quite a few times.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Riptor posted:

Is that the episode where they had a huge fight and later realized it may have been because there was a carbon monoxide leak in Seth's apartment?

Yes.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of the clips on youtube, what happened to all the video they took? If I remember correctly, they filmed the entirety of episode 100, and then on a couple episodes after that they made reference to the film crew being there, but they haven't released any full episodes on video. There's a few clips of bits on youtube that look like they're from different episodes based on changing attire, is that all they put up of the rest of the episodes that were filmed?

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Riptor posted:

at what episode do they make this realization?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

big business sloth posted:

at what episode do they make this realization?

Checked Weck's Wiki; it's ep 153 about half an hour in

UYD: Carbon monoxide poisons friendships

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Riptor posted:

Checked Weck's Wiki; it's ep 153 about half an hour in

UYD: Carbon monoxide poisons friendships

Whoo allrighty then

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
I can remember an episode, I think within the past year, where the FBI busted a bunch of mafiosos, and they all had incredibly stereotypical names like "Tony Bagels" and "Jimmy Gooch." Just the list of names was hilarious. Anyone remember what episode that was?

The NPR Store
May 20, 2007

I really wanted to see a video of the latest live show where Jonathan and Amir sang. There were slides, and he mentioned that a bunch of people were recording it on an earlier show, but I didn't see any recordings up anywhere.

Binowru posted:

I can remember an episode, I think within the past year, where the FBI busted a bunch of mafiosos, and they all had incredibly stereotypical names like "Tony Bagels" and "Jimmy Gooch." Just the list of names was hilarious. Anyone remember what episode that was?

That was 256 bra bra.

The NPR Store fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Sep 23, 2011

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Also, you guys should totally go to their website and watch Seth's video compilations. They don't actually have either of the dudes in them, but they absolutely capture the spirit of the show. Some of those clips, man. And they give you just the right amount of context.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

bango skank posted:

Speaking of the clips on youtube, what happened to all the video they took? If I remember correctly, they filmed the entirety of episode 100, and then on a couple episodes after that they made reference to the film crew being there, but they haven't released any full episodes on video. There's a few clips of bits on youtube that look like they're from different episodes based on changing attire, is that all they put up of the rest of the episodes that were filmed?

Episode 100 is a full video episode, split in two parts. It's on the RSS feed, I believe. The YouTube videos are all segments from when they had the crew in, somewhere around 120-129. Those also happen to be some the funniest episodes that stand up to repeat listenings.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

The NPR Store posted:

That was 256 bra bra.

You rule :cool:

SullivanPRIME
Mar 17, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Episode 100 is a full video episode, split in two parts. It's on the RSS feed, I believe. The YouTube videos are all segments from when they had the crew in, somewhere around 120-129. Those also happen to be some the funniest episodes that stand up to repeat listenings.

Yeah, but I've been wondering, they probably recorded the whole entire episodes and then cut them up in to the clips, so where are the full master recordings of the eps?

EDIT: Not that I actually expect you to know, just asking rhetorically

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

Is there a way to download this show that isnt the lovely in browser media player or iTunes? The third link in the OP only has shows up to a year ago.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gabrielx posted:

Is there a way to download this show that isnt the lovely in browser media player or iTunes? The third link in the OP only has shows up to a year ago.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/uhhyeahdude/podcast

e: Find an episode and right-click and choose 'Save as' or something like it(depending on the browser)

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

Thanks, that link should definitely be in the OP instead of the third one, as it doesn't seem to be updated anymore.

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?
IS THIS A KOREAN THING?!

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot

gabrielx posted:

Thanks, that link should definitely be in the OP instead of the third one, as it doesn't seem to be updated anymore.

Done, thanks.

Alfajor
Jun 10, 2005

The delicious snack cake.
I'm a fan of UYD, and thus, a fan of this thread!
I'd love to see them live, but I doubt they'll ever come to Reno of all places. Has anyone gotten to see them at one of their live shows? I imagine the after-parties are more than half the fun.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

SullivanPRIME posted:

Yeah, but I've been wondering, they probably recorded the whole entire episodes and then cut them up in to the clips, so where are the full master recordings of the eps?

EDIT: Not that I actually expect you to know, just asking rhetorically

Good question. I always wondered if they filmed a few episodes in an attempt to put together a pitch for a television series. It was while they were sponsored by HBO, after all.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Alfajor posted:

I'm a fan of UYD, and thus, a fan of this thread!
I'd love to see them live, but I doubt they'll ever come to Reno of all places. Has anyone gotten to see them at one of their live shows? I imagine the after-parties are more than half the fun.

My friends and I drove down from Montreal for the Brooklyn live show and it was a lot of fun. When coming into the venue, we started looking around, hoping to see one of the guys and Seth greeted us and shook our hand out of nowhere, as if he was waiting specifically for us! He was quite friendly and so was Jahnathan after the show.

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?
Oh I just remembered, a while back I got bored and uploaded a few clips from some of my favorite episodes as a way to kill some time and easily get people into the show, already got a few friends hooked so I guess it worked.

http://www.youtube.com/user/liljongalt

Probably my favorite Jah story ever here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgU0_lQwZyc
con mis hermanos en ben-jamin hill!

Nadine Hauklund
May 17, 2002

A boy's best friend is his mother.
I love UYD. It turned from "really like" to true love when I heard the segment "Who's Mommin' Harder?" It is the best non-guest podcast and in my top 3 of all. I've started over at Ep. 1 and am on Ep. 18 and they are still so great.

There are no words.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Nadine Hauklund posted:

I love UYD. It turned from "really like" to true love when I heard the segment "Who's Mommin' Harder?" It is the best non-guest podcast and in my top 3 of all. I've started over at Ep. 1 and am on Ep. 18 and they are still so great.

There are no words.

They abandon doing bits like that somewhere down the road, and it's too bad. I'm still a big fan of the show (I'm at 249 right now), and they don't stop funny, but I thought a couple of structured bits peppered throughout the show made it a bit more fun.

Speaking of, they're talking a lot about the podcast awards where I'm at right now. I've got a bad feeling they get their asses kicked by Tell 'em Steve Dave in the people's choice category.

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
When Seth says 323 481 4422 after some awful sexual pun/general stupidness it makes me laugh every loving time. He never does it in the newer ones though. :(

Yanni Estacado
May 3, 2007

by T. Mascis

Fonzarelli posted:

Also, you guys should totally go to their website and watch Seth's video compilations. They don't actually have either of the dudes in them, but they absolutely capture the spirit of the show. Some of those clips, man. And they give you just the right amount of context.

I've only seen the first one, but the COPS clip where the black guy gets pulled over, gets maced, and gets away rules

Yanni Estacado fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 25, 2011

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem

RustyTrombone posted:

When Seth says 323 481 4422 after some awful sexual pun/general stupidness it makes me laugh every loving time. He never does it in the newer ones though. :(

This is one of the best things. Also, probably like a lot of people, Jonathan's cell number is one of very few phone numbers I know off the top of my head, and I've never even used it.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Horse/Weed/Mind's Eye owns and gently caress you if you don't like it

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Horse/Weed/Mind's Eye owns and gently caress you if you don't like it

I love how pissed of Jonathan sounds whenever Seth springs it on him.

e: I have just recently got into Uhh Yeah Dude and as I am currently unemployed I am basically devoting my life to it.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

RustyTrombone posted:

I love the weird nasal voice he occasionally does it in. I also like whenever Jonathan starts the episode introducing Seth in a strange voice. "And this is Seeetth"

And of course, SHOW ME THE TWIIINS

Edit:"ma'am, I have good reason to believe that contained within your shirt is a set of identical newborn babies....show them to me."

JamMaster Flash fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 26, 2011

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
I laugh every time that I hear

*wolf whistle*

SMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKINNNNNNNN!!!

Yanni Estacado
May 3, 2007

by T. Mascis

big business sloth posted:

I laugh every time that I hear

*wolf whistle*

SMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKINNNNNNNN!!!

ep 20 where that came from might be my favorite. that and the "pick up a couple of bobcats" bit rule

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DangerDummy! posted:

They abandon doing bits like that somewhere down the road, and it's too bad. I'm still a big fan of the show (I'm at 249 right now), and they don't stop funny, but I thought a couple of structured bits peppered throughout the show made it a bit more fun.

They've recently begun to revisit some old segments that had fallen by the wayside, like Country/Hip-Hop song of the week. My fingers are crossed for a return of "Who's _____in' Harder" to the regular rotation.

Yanni Estacado posted:

ep 20 where that came from might be my favorite. that and the "pick up a couple of bobcats" bit rule

"Bobcat" is, to me, one of the funniest slang words they've accidentally come up with. Seeing a day laborer driving an actual Bobcat even more so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Sethro's obssession with egging anything and anyone in episode 98 is cracking me up. I started listening at episode 200, and have been listening to the past eps (worked my way up to 99). Not looking forward to having heard them all.