Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
A kid should be wearing sexy clothes at school, hanging out smoking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yanni Estacado posted:

god, jah's story about stealing the horse guy's weed at boarding school owns
I am a Rastafarian, and it is against my religion to lie and steal.

SullivanPRIME
Mar 17, 2009

bango skank posted:

YOU WOULD LOOK A RASTA IN THE EYE...

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
I think that my favorite part of that story was how the weed was holy or some poo poo.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
What episode is this story? It sounds amazing.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

soru posted:

Jonathan is the best, but he really needs to stop saying "ostensibly. "

I figured it was a reference to this KitH sketch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvbrpNs_tFE

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a pipe smoking dog posted:

What episode is this story? It sounds amazing.

Episode 124, about 27 minutes in.

As an aside, it's easier to just google 'UYD' and whatever you're searching for to find anything on the wiki than it is to actually search the wiki. I don't know if it's just me or what, but every time I've tried using the search box on the page it just loads for a while until I get an error.

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?
To put it nicely, the wiki loving sucks.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The wiki itself is pretty drat comprehensive, their search engine just blows. Aside from the "Sports, shiatsu, sensual" thing I don't think it's ever let me down in finding a bit.

"You know what I would've said? I would've said, 'THANKS FOR THE TICKET, BRACE-FACE' and I would have driven off."

Snood
Jul 5, 2006

I WILL SHOOT YOU AND I KNOW ROBOT KARATE
from episode 100

Seth: whats that big thing next to my computer?
Jah: the computer
seth: no the thing NEXT to the computer
Jah: thats the computer
seth: then whats this thing??
Jah: The monitor!

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

bango skank posted:

That story rules.

I don't know what episode it's in but my favorite Johnathan story is the one where he takes some hallucinogen and climbs into bed with his parents. They even call his father to get his side of the story.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Bobby Malone posted:

That story rules.

I don't know what episode it's in but my favorite Johnathan story is the one where he takes some hallucinogen and climbs into bed with his parents. They even call his father to get his side of the story.

I want to hear this one.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
That's a brilliant episode, though any time his father appears is great (Like the very sweet moment they call him to wish him happy birthday). It's a shame that they don't fulfil Jonathan's promise of getting his dad on one day because as he said "No matter how crazy my stories are, my dad's are crazier".

Also, how can Seth be nervous in front of the camera when he's a loving actor? He's clearly all over the place when they do the 100th episode as a video podcast, but it just seems odd to me that someone who performs in front of others for a living is so afraid of well...performing in front of other's for a living.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?
Maybe that's why Seth was never fully a performer for a living?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

redz posted:

Maybe that's why Seth was never fully a performer for a living?

Right but from what we know of Seth he did try acting full time right? I assume he moved from Boston to LA to pursue it. I just always guessed that he wasn't very good.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

DrVenkman posted:

Right but from what we know of Seth he did try acting full time right? I assume he moved from Boston to LA to pursue it. I just always guessed that he wasn't very good.
There's a lot of videos of him acting in the Seth's Corner section of the UYD website. Mostly commercials and smalls parts on TV.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
This thread inspired me to actually start the enormous journey of listening to every UYD in order starting with episode 1. I got to episode 21 the other day, and holy poo poo, Jonathan's rant about all the hunting shows on TV had me in tears. Go to the 34 minute mark of ep. 21 and get ready for one of the funniest things you've ever heard.

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

Lincecum, Cain, and pray for rain

DrVenkman posted:

Also, how can Seth be nervous in front of the camera when he's a loving actor? He's clearly all over the place when they do the 100th episode as a video podcast, but it just seems odd to me that someone who performs in front of others for a living is so afraid of well...performing in front of other's for a living.

i just watched this one and had the same feeling. All he needed to do wwas take a seat on the couch, but he was crouched down in that tiny little space for over an hour. I chalked it up to him looking at it as having to do a one hour, non-stop take in front of a camera which might have psyched him out. He's clearly waaaay more comfortable in later eps that were filmed.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

danifestmestny posted:

i just watched this one and had the same feeling. All he needed to do wwas take a seat on the couch, but he was crouched down in that tiny little space for over an hour. I chalked it up to him looking at it as having to do a one hour, non-stop take in front of a camera which might have psyched him out. He's clearly waaaay more comfortable in later eps that were filmed.

There are whole episodes later that were filmed? Where can I get those?

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I definitely remember some of these commercials Seth was in. Can't say I remember that tasteless Levi's Rolling Stones commercial, though...

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

"Hey MAN is that FREEDOM ROCK?"
"Yeah MAN"
"Well then TURN IT UP MAN!"

This has had me giggling for days.

Edit: Ep 103 near the end.

Asnorban fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Oct 10, 2011

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

Lincecum, Cain, and pray for rain

Drewsky posted:

There are whole episodes later that were filmed? Where can I get those?

not in whole but bits and pieces of the episodes in the 120s are on youtube and he is clearly more comfortable.

Yanni Estacado
May 3, 2007

by T. Mascis

Asnorban posted:

"Hey MAN is that FREEDOM ROCK?"
"Yeah MAN"
"Well then TURN IT UP MAN!"

This has had me giggling for days.

Edit: Ep 103 near the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eGWW8KOQio

Rudy Riot
Nov 18, 2007

I'll catch you Bran! Hmm... nevermind.
The clip of Seth doing the "prison cell march" is hilarious.

http://www.55inch.com/seth_killer.php

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I think Seth proves even with no acting talent, you can dab some crazy work in Hollywood. God drat, he really thought he did a "prison march"? Hilarious. When does this get referenced in the show?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

CortezFantastic posted:

I think Seth proves even with no acting talent

Uhh, excuse me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwzsCYMDhRM

Acting enough to keep getting those sweet residuals. PAPER CHAAAAAAAAAASE!

SkellingTon Loc
Oct 24, 2005

I was feelin' horny and ornery hornery
I think Seth tried to wrap his baby soft hands around that ancient profession, but ultimately his derrick never struck oil.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

JethroMcB posted:

Acting enough to keep getting those sweet residuals. PAPER CHAAAAAAAAAASE!

I love it every time he gets a check in the mail, like $20 at the maximum. Paper chase indeed.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Episode 259. Seth talking about his recurring nightmares is one of my favorite bits.

From the wiki:

13:52 – Seth has a recurring nightmare in which he wakes up and sneezes in the middle of the night. There are a few seconds of silence, then he hears a man’s voice say, “God bless you” in the middle of his dark bedroom.

44:39 – When Seth was a kid, he had a weird dream. There were 13 steps that went from his top floor to the second floor. He would wake up and his mother would be standing at the sink doing dishes and he would get up, walk past their bedroom, look in and see something coming at him. He would jump all 13 steps, land, run into the kitchen, and when he looked back he could see the figure walking down the stairs. He would go to his mother and tug on her and she didn’t notice and kept doing the dishes until Seth looked back and saw the figure turning the corner and entering the kitchen.

Also, I believe 260 has Jah telling us about nightmares he had as a kid of his mom and dad removing their meat faces when they were alone in their room. He thinks it's because he once saw his aunt without her chemo wig on or something. :laffo:

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Biodome posted:

Also, I believe 260 has Jah telling us about nightmares he had as a kid of his mom and dad removing their meat faces when they were alone in their room. He thinks it's because he once saw his aunt without her chemo wig on or something. :laffo:

I remember that one. It's awesome.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I always wonder about the voicemails. Being two very charismatic, not-bad-looking guys, they must get some creepy messages from female fans.

Edit: I remember, for instance, at one point Jonathan had to ask women to stop sending him tit pics.

HoAssHo fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 11, 2011

widunder
May 2, 2002

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

I always wonder about the voicemails. Being two very charismatic, not-bad-looking guys, they must get some creepy messages from female fans.

Edit: I remember, for instance, at one point Jonathan had to ask women to stop sending him tit pics.
They also got ball pics.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Man, that whole "Sven" runner this week. So fuckin funny. Seth was on rare form.

deetron69
Jan 18, 2005
Does anyone have a link to the original "holla back for a dope cock in your mouth" bit? I hate having to search the whole episode to get it.

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

The improvised "Dr. Hobo Gyno" TV pitch (starring Michael Madsen) bit from episode 36 is a classic.

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Oz Fox posted:

Does anyone have a link to the original "holla back for a dope cock in your mouth" bit? I hate having to search the whole episode to get it.

Episode 075, 8:20 in (Segment: Craig's House) - "Holla back for a dope cock in your mouth – no fags; straight Latino looking for a cock to put in my butt (Seth: “Yeah, I’m just a vegan looking for a cheeseburger”) … “Tina Turner tickets…”

RustyTrombone fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 15, 2011

deetron69
Jan 18, 2005

RustyTrombone posted:

Episode 075, 8:20 in (Segment: Craig's House)- "Holla back for a dope cock in your mouth – no fags; straight Latino looking for a cock to put in my butt (Seth: “Yeah, I’m just a vegan looking for a cheeseburger”) … “Tina Turner tickets…”

Thanks a ton. They should really keep doing Craigshouse - they did it at their live show and it was still totally fresh.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
It eventually just becomes the same deprived gay man looking for cock over and over. I understand why they cut it (even though it's still fresh).

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Remember, when they say "Smooth Italian" they really mean "Mexican."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I listened to the first 40 episodes a while back and didn't really care for the show. Then about a week ago I started up again at 41 and for some reason it all just clicked with me and I've really been enjoying the show. Seatbelts.