Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Rudy Riot posted:

Yeah, Seth is a really funny dude, especially when you can see his crazy expressions and how animated he can be.

Edit: Looks like there's a long form of the Santa Monica show on the front page of their site, 40 mins long.

Edit2: Has anyone bought any of their merch yet? I'm thinking about picking up the tank top. I've gotten tons of enjoyment and entertainment off this show for FREE, so I'm totally down to get some merch.

I have the hairy logo tee and it owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I've been listening to the early episodes a lot lately and then listened to one from a couple of weeks ago last night. It seems like Jonathan's "radio voice" has improved quite a bit since the beginning.

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

I thought he looked...good? If he was wearing his black frames,the look would've turned into aging-hipster (which would have been somewhat accurate).

Seth is slowly transforming into Ira Glass.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Oct 27, 2011

soru
Apr 27, 2003

The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life.
I don't know why you'd expect Seth to look like anything except a crotchety old man. All he needs is a cane to smack whippersnappers with.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
With his tween daughter pushing him out of the way and shouting "get out of my way old man!"

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Going back through old episodes again. Listening Episode 18 and it brought up another gem into Seth's psyche. He apparently will call his mom from across the country and ask her if she left the stove on.

I love that crazy fucker.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

CortezFantastic posted:

Going back through old episodes again. Listening Episode 18 and it brought up another gem into Seth's psyche. He apparently will call his mom from across the country and ask her if she left the stove on.

I love that crazy fucker.

I get such a kick out of that maniacal faux giggle that he does.

And Jah's redneck accent is pretty dope as well.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Drewsky posted:

I listened to 107 and 108 last night. I think 107 might have been my favorite that I've heard.

Is that the one where Jah gets pulled over with craploads of weed / cash / paraphernalia a few days after he thought Jah (the real Jah) was protecting him because he was going to be the first white Rastafarian prophet?

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Asnorban posted:

Is that the one where Jah gets pulled over with craploads of weed / cash / paraphernalia a few days after he thought Jah (the real Jah) was protecting him because he was going to be the first white Rastafarian prophet?

Yeah. Basically the story of how he got out of Rastafarianism.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Asnorban posted:

Jah's Rasta/drug stories are the most painful but amazing things.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Was that also the episode where he told the story of him rolling balls and was going to go to a Phish concert with some girl, and basically broke into her house and was confronted by her and another dude?

That's the funniest loving story.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Yeah that's the one.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Professor Latency posted:

Was that also the episode where he told the story of him rolling balls and was going to go to a Phish concert with some girl, and basically broke into her house and was confronted by her and another dude?

That's the funniest loving story.
I believe same story

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4WeSTHZtU8

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Asnorban posted:

I think this is 110 (i just happened to listen to 107 and 108 the other day also and this story wasn't in them)

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I think my second favourite story of Jah's youth is him stealing the holy weed. Especially as he ends it by admitting that he shoplifts from pharmacies.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Episode 39 I think, Jah talks about how he was a very young kid (like 9) dry humping a pillow while watching a women's bodybuilding competition when his parents walked in. He said, "I was just waiting for the guy's competition!" as an excuse and his dad said, "That's worse."

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
That's one of my favorite stories. Also how every once in a while Seth will bring it up again.

deetron69
Jan 18, 2005
Someone needs to compile all the old classic Jah stories and put them on youtube

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Fun Times! posted:

Episode 39 I think, Jah talks about how he was a very young kid (like 9) dry humping a pillow while watching a women's bodybuilding competition when his parents walked in. He said, "I was just waiting for the guy's competition!" as an excuse and his dad said, "That's worse."

Love that one as well. Also where his housekeeper finds the Fleshlight.

SullivanPRIME
Mar 17, 2009

Asnorban posted:

Love that one as well. Also where his housekeeper finds the Fleshlight.

Her name is Jessica.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

How many listeners does Uhh Yeah Dude have?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drewsky posted:

All of them. All the listeners.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Cast No Engine posted:

I think this is 110 (i just happened to listen to 107 and 108 the other day also and this story wasn't in them)
I just checked the wiki and you are right.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Drewsky posted:

I read some article that said they get about 50,000 downloads a week.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I’m a huge history buff. I watch Game of Thrones. I watch Camelot. I know those are fantasy but I also watch The Tudors.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

294+ goddamn hours later and I'm finally all caught up. I felt like I needed to be current for 300 for some reason. Now to find something else with a ridiculous backlog to blast through.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
One of my favorite recurring gags is Seth's luddite-ness, and I think I found the best moment of it ever on ep. 44.

Johnathan: "I'm not sure Seth even knows what the e in email stands for."

Seth: "Extra mail!"

Oh, Seth. :allears:

widunder
May 2, 2002
Relistened to episode 97 yesterday. The bit at around the 26 minute mark about grifters is the greatest.

SpeedoJoe
Feb 23, 2006
You guys might get a kick out of this. Made it earlier this year when I was revisiting old episodes.

Uhh Yeah Dude - Self-help Books / The Pickup Artist

Seth: "If you read a book and it changes your life you're really hosed!"

Edit: Which episode is it when Jah and Seth have a legit heated argument about the pros and cons of adoption? Jah gets really mad at Seth it's actually pretty out of character.

SpeedoJoe fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Oct 30, 2011

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

SpeedoJoe posted:

Edit: Which episode is it when Jah and Seth have a legit heated argument about the pros and cons of adoption? Jah gets really mad at Seth it's actually pretty out of character.

Episode 89 at the 37:46 mark. Jah was pissed. It was awkward.

SpeedoJoe
Feb 23, 2006

Biodome posted:

Very awkward. Good friends shouldn't get that angry. Maybe Jah was having a bad day or some poo poo.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Biodome posted:

Well they were crazy jacked on gas, so

SpeedoJoe
Feb 23, 2006

Drewsky posted:

Just listened to 89, poo poo got pretty heated. I see where both of them were coming from.

gently caress...

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

big business sloth posted:

Well they were crazy jacked on gas, so

I still haven't listened to it because I don't want to hear them fighting, but they both were being slowly killed by a carbon monoxide leak right?

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I still haven't listened to it because I don't want to hear them fighting, but they both were being slowly killed by a carbon monoxide leak right?

Yeah, probably. Seth brings it up somewhere in the 150s. I still remember Jonathan saying some really really out of blue stuff like "the ceiling and the walls just flipped," then moving on as if that was just a thing. Really odd.

I called the hotline earlier this week. Seth called back and left a voicemail (couldn't find my phone!) saying he was 'terrified' of the message.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Fun Times! posted:

My favourite thing about whenever Jah or Seth bring up Jah's dad is just that small, little outside bit of knowledge about who Jah's dad is. It just makes it funnier to me, for some reason.

Listening to the first couple of episodes, I love how they rapidfire deliver stuff that sounds like an inside joke with a heap of history. The bit in episode 3 where Seth describes how the pedophiles on 'To Catch a Predator' look when they show up and Jah says 'not cool' which they both instantly add on '...or awesome?' and then settle on 'awesome' cracks me the gently caress up.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Is it pedophile or peedophile?

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?
Chin-Uh (is trying to kill us)

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Fun Times! posted:

Is it pedophile or peedophile?

pædophile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Fun Times! posted: