Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Also worth noting is that their website, https://www.uhhyeahdude.com has some extra features that are worth checking out, including a Wiki of common UYD memes to help the newbie listener get acquainted with some of their long-running jokes. For instance, Seth Romatelli acted in the Britney Spears movie Crossroads, and this occasionally gets referenced on the show.

I love this show, but obviously it's not to everyone's taste, as you can tell by reading the Comedy Podcast Megathread. But I think if you listen to the June 30, 2011 ep. of UYD and aren't brought to tears of laughter by their discussion of the boy who survived two plane crashes, then you probably don't have a sense of humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

nemoulette posted:

How about some old timey UYD (sometimes one-off) segments that you miss?

I can't remember which episode(s) it was, but Seth did a segment called "You tell me, dog." Basically, he would read a story that would have some kind of paranormal angle or it would have a really strange twist/coincidence in it, and he'd end the story with, "You tell me, dog. You tell me." I wish they'd bring that back.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I can remember an episode, I think within the past year, where the FBI busted a bunch of mafiosos, and they all had incredibly stereotypical names like "Tony Bagels" and "Jimmy Gooch." Just the list of names was hilarious. Anyone remember what episode that was?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

The NPR Store posted:

That was 256 bra bra.

You rule :cool:

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Ellaybee posted:

If a genie told me he'd answer any 10 questions I had about anything anywhere, I'd be really tempted to blow one question learning what Seth does for a living.

I thought Seth and Jonathan were both starving actors?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

This thread inspired me to actually start the enormous journey of listening to every UYD in order starting with episode 1. I got to episode 21 the other day, and holy poo poo, Jonathan's rant about all the hunting shows on TV had me in tears. Go to the 34 minute mark of ep. 21 and get ready for one of the funniest things you've ever heard.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

One of my favorite recurring gags is Seth's luddite-ness, and I think I found the best moment of it ever on ep. 44.

Johnathan: "I'm not sure Seth even knows what the e in email stands for."

Seth: "Extra mail!"

Oh, Seth. :allears:

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

L.A. goons! UYD returns to the Largo at the Coronet, Feb. 2, 2012.

http://largo.laughstub.com/show.cfm?id=118926

I missed my last opportunity to see live UYD. I shall not make the same mistake.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

inferis posted:

I just laughed out loud when I realized that the main reason Seth doesn't eat meat is probably because he's terrified of germs and not for any political reasons.

Is Seth vegetarian too? I thought it was just Jonathan.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

SkellingTon Loc posted:

The best story on UYD is hands down the one about the 3 crazy whites living together in a pedo non-pedo relationship. One being a grown man pretending to be an 8yo, an older gentleman who fucks the 8 yo man-child thinking it's a real kid, and the friend who just hangs out in the attic. I think there was something about the guy trying to enroll in a local primary school too, but I can't remember.

That was how they got caught. The old guy tried to enroll the "8-year-old" in school, and when the school saw who the 8 year old really was they called the cops.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I think the only phrase I've inherited is "How's my/your awesome ______?" As in, "I got a flat tire and was late for work. How's my awesome day going?"

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

There was an episode where they talked about Ellen DeGeneres selling her multimillion dollar home, which they referred to as a "lesbian gently caress palace" and a "lesbian gently caress dungeon." Both those phrases have entered my vocab.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Yeah, I have to say, I tried listening to random eps in the back catalogue but so many of them contain references to other past episodes that I just thought, gently caress it, I'll go all the way back to #1. I didn't regret it.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

You are all forgetting about the three best words in the English language.

"Nap time, Jew."

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I want to see Seth and Jonathan give each other a huge open-mouthed kiss at the end of the LA show. It would be the perfect finale.

By the way, anyone going to the Seattle show tomorrow? I expect a trip report.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

CortezFantastic posted:

Can someone take a picture of the crowd too? I'd like to know how many people were there (hopefully sold out).

Well, they sold out the main floor, so then the theater opened up the balcony, with only a few weeks left before the show. So the main floor will be totally sold out, the balcony not so much (probably).

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I'm not sure why, but this link takes me to a Tumblr login page. I don't have a tumblr so I guess I can't see it? :(

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Al! posted:

Until listening to the Seattle show I had no idea that UYD's primary demo was hooting bros and bachelorette parties. Still Jah and Seth were in top form.

I think you will find this is 90% of the audience at any given comedy show any night of the week.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Any other goons going to the live show this Thursday? I'm pretty much going by myself and wouldn't mind meeting up with some other folks.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

The live show was indeed awesome. I hope it transfers well to the podcast, because there were a lot of visual elements.

Also, I won't spoil it, but they bring back a segment that you never thought they'd bring back. You should be able to hear how crazy the crowd gets when it happens.

vvvvvv Nope.

Binowru fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 3, 2012

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

fried eggs posted:

Yeah I got a call back from leaving a voicemail and seth mentioned the multimedia. What kind of stuff was it?

And no too my knowlege amir has never been on in person.

The show began with some old UYD bits set to animation. And the show itself was accompanied by slides on a big projector.

I really hope the animated bits get put up on YouTube. Cartoon Jah was hilarious.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

psychicsecession posted:

UYD Animation!
http://youtu.be/m2zU6dUPVSQ

Yep, this is exactly what was shown at the LA show. Hooray!

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Are you ok? Are we cool?

Chill out, guys. This was a live episode, and the energy and excitement of actually being there didn't translate to the audio podcast. Just drop it and move on.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Which episode is that from?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Which ep is this?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

So I assume you guys who are receiving calls back from the voicemail are leaving your numbers in your message? I've called before but it's usually just to say "Great show" or something and I didn't leave any personal information

Binowru fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Feb 14, 2012

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I for one would love a Boshk Industries pizza. Can I get one with extra cheese? I'm vegan.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I just listened to ep. 135, where Seth says for dinner he had:

-2 sides of beans with no cheese or sauce from Taco Bell
-a caramel apple empanada
-a peanut butter CLIF bar
-strawberry Muscle Milk
-Diet Sunkist orange soda

I will now and forever refer to this "meal" as "The Romatelli"

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I would like to know if there's an origin behind Seth being a Luddite. Like seriously, how does one reach his thirties without even having an email address?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Scoe posted:

In other news, someone finally tracked down Jah's National Enquirer article:

Wow, is that half of 16-year-old Jah's face? We need to see the whole photo

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

So is it just me or is the new episode late?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

^ I suggest episode 110 where Jah talks about being the first white Rastafarian prophet.

Can anyone name all of UYD's interns? I think there's four total but the only name I can remember is Chardonnay.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Dr.Radical posted:

Just spent a good 10 minutes talking to Seth on the phone after I left a message the other day. I highly suggest you call the message number. He's a very good conversationalist. Not an awkward moment between us despite not knowing him (well I guess if you listen through the archives and you hear some people talk for 300+ hours, you kind of almost know them, but whatever).

It's really heartening to know they haven't let their (internet) fame go to their heads. When I went to the Largo show and asked them for photos, they were incredibly friendly.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Drewsky posted:

Is it really that internet popular? I mean I know the show gets a lot of downloads, but I don't think near enough that it could be going to their heads.

They've had several sold-out live shows, and people send them free stuff just because they're so awesome. Don't know about you, but that would certainly go to my head.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Daaaamn. That is way more than I would have guessed.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I think a UYD TV show would be enough for me to subscribe to cable just to watch it. But since that was all the way back at ep. 100, I'm guessing they've since passed on the idea.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I recently put one of my favorite UYD clips ever onto YouTube. It's from ep. 21, in which Jah reads a list of hunting shows. The first time I heard it I was gasping for air from laughing so much:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTL2ZsJmzzI

If this can't convince newer listeners to dip back into the old episodes, I don't know what will.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

vineyille posted:

Just saw this posted on the UYD forums - a very famous podcaster videotaped whilst window shopping (2:40).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfSKLKiZqUw&t=2m40s

Since he's window shopping at a store called "Simply Seattle!" I assume this was before the Seattle show

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Drewsky posted:

Where's the new epi? I'm fiendin.

It's up on the website but not on iTunes yet. :argh:

e: whoomp there it is

Binowru fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Mar 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

CortezFantastic posted:

So after that episode, it's apparent that the guys are going through some severe money troubles. I know it's not their steez but they really need to start whoring themselves out and go on other podcasts or something to boost subscribers. Or do something. I feel really bad :(

First they really need to get their audio game proper. My ears were seriously hurting every time Seth hit a hard T or P sound. That poo poo would quickly turn off new listeners.