Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

JethroMcB posted:

Pander to the UYD fans, do an episode where Seth guest stars as a guy claiming to be Dan Fielding's long-lost son from a one night stand when he was a young stud. It sets up a story where Dan has to reckon with his past behavior and take stock of how he's lived his life. End of the episode, it's revealed that Seth is just a con artist who was trying to extort him, Fielding breathes a sigh of relief. Cue Jonathan showing up looking like Jonathan and pulling the same "Dad...it's me, your son" routine, Papa Larroquette rolls his eyes and says "You gotta do better than that, pal, at least the other guy looked like me," laugh track, roll credits.

This is the greatest thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

GraPar posted:

Lol, as referenced in 882:

Amazing

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

gently caress, I can't believe that was seven years ago already

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Seth finding out more kids want to be esports stars than rock stars was gold.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Boatswain posted:

I'd love to watch this again.

I'm pretty sure this happened when they were in Denver for a live show, if that helps anyone looking

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

YES thank you :love:

How are the boys these days, I haven't listened to them in a long time

Seth moved out of the Hobart apartment, got a cat named Mizu and a steady girlfriend. Jonathan is still Jonathan.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Hearing them talk about the imminent closure of Theater Row on Santa Monica Blvd. in episode 950 was hilarious. Full disclosure: I've taken improv and sketch at The Pack Theater and used to perform there for a few years, and hearing Jonathan say, "CBGB's is closed and gone, I don't think we can save the Santa Monica Dickfuck Playhouse" made me absolutely lose it.

Binowru fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 27, 2022

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

General Dog posted:

Nah, Rose Bowl parade is New Year’s Day (or maybe Jan 2 sometimes); I believe the Scientology one is the Hollywood Christmas Parade.

Here’s our man from a past year

...and here he is up close this year starting at 56:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvLV-FA_WPs&t=3384s

drat. I know most pirate fiction is derivative of Blackbeard, but jeeeez. Captain Tom Bristol is just literally Blackbeard the pirate.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Surely I'm not the only one who describes a bad or hosed up situation as "wicked Bogota"

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

this thread is over 10 years old. lmao

I just looked up the first posts I ever made in this thread and reflected on how different my life was back then

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

emptyrave posted:

Anyways, everyone post your favorite clips again so I can relive the glory days of Seth having a black grandson named Jeff.

Posting UYD clips on YouTube was the first time I ever got, like, over 1,000 hits on views on anything. This is still the 3rd most popular thing I've ever posted online:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z_tUxghWeA

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

It's such a pity Seth's acting career never really took off. Dude's got those facial expressions down.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

General Dog posted:

Just curious, when Seth calls people back, is it a case where people leave a message and ask for him to call back, or does he just look at the caller ID and casually drop a line on them?

If you leave your number and sound like you want him to call you back, he usually will. (Casually chatted with Seth once years ago, he was very nice)

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

There's a couple people from the old UYD forums who I still keep in touch with on Twitter, er, sorry, X. They're nice.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

drat, was hoping for an LA show but oh well

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Jonathan is now on Cameo lol

https://www.cameo.com/jonathan_larroquette

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

lol at Jonathan reinventing indulgences in 993 ("soul bucks")

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

According to Jonathan on Instagram, part 2 somehow bumped part 1 out of the feed. Possibly a technical error because they were both listed as "episode 1000" or something. Sounds like he's working on it.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

18 years. UYD is now a legal adult

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

C-Euro posted:

My wife is watching something called Damsel on Netflix right now, and this movie has strong Hollywood Blacklist energy.

I know that's the new movie with Millie Bobby Brown, but there was another movie called Damsel that came out like 6 or 7 years ago with Rob Pattinson that was actually pretty good

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Reminded me of this classic clip about hunting shows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTL2ZsJmzzI

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

So Jonathan essentially thinks a realdoll is the same thing as a firearms training dummy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

It's not just gun owners either, it's also sword guys (I know that Venn diagram is pretty much a circle, but still)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7FE_50IFvA