Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I just finished my run through of all 289 episodes just this past monday and now there is a giant void in my life. I think I started in the spring, and typically listened to 2-4 episodes most weekdays.

Even if other podcasts were funnier or more poignant, there's just something about UYD that just always wants to be in my ears. think part of it was so many of the things they talked about I REALLY wanted to chime in on, maybe because they would drop this big knowledge bomb, talk about it for one minute, and then just move on to the next topic, so you're like "Wait I have more to say and hear about that!"

Sometimes I wonder if Seth really does have an email address because to me that's the craziest thing about him, especially since he seemingly is on the internet a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Lil Jon Galt posted:

From what I understand, they did a bunch of test episodes to get a rhythm and they've deviated very little from it. Best podcast :)

Those episodes come out sometime in the 100's when Jonathan goes on tour

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

What about when Seth didn't really understand who Batman was? That had to be feigning ignorance right?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Asnorban posted:

Is that the one where Jah gets pulled over with craploads of weed / cash / paraphernalia a few days after he thought Jah (the real Jah) was protecting him because he was going to be the first white Rastafarian prophet?

I think this is 110 (i just happened to listen to 107 and 108 the other day also and this story wasn't in them)

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

TheOtherContraGuy posted:

A friend took care of her

You mean he killed her, right?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I've listen to all the episodes and many of them multiple times, and I just realized that I have no idea how "wanky wanky" started and if it even means "wink wink" (Which I just assume because its the only close thing that makes sense). Does anyone else know its derivation?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Binowru posted:

I would like to know if there's an origin behind Seth being a Luddite. Like seriously, how does one reach his thirties without even having an email address?

Or knowing who Batman is

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Drewsky posted:

I really wish I could pick up some of this new merch but I'm broke as a joke right now. Worst part is I know everything I want will be sold out for the foreseeable future. That's ok UYD, I'll catch you next time.

Has the awesome UYD bumper sticker been discontinued? That's the one I'd really love to have.

I haven't seen available on the site in forever, so I ended up buying one here http://www.cafepress.com/+uyd_sticker_oval,215417214. Do Seth and Jah somehow get a cut of this? Even if they don't, still, free advertising!

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Binowru posted:

You might like "Who Charted?" on Earwolf. Howard Kremer has sort of a Seth kind of vibe, and he has a great repertoire with his co-host Kulap.

This is one of the craziest comparisons I've ever heard

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

The site's back up! No new episode!

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I only ever dl the eps from the rss feed but don't they always come out on wednesday/thursday, usually recorded the previous Thursday/ Friday?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Awesome show. Got to shake Seth's hand after the show but couldn't chat, was right before the posters came out and the line formed. Didn't get to meet Jonathan since he was outside smoking.

It'll be weird to listen to this as an episode.

The show notes were all on index cards that had the pink, yellow and blue triangle uyd logo on them, I wonder if they use those in the apartment also? Seth wore white jeans which was interesting, Jonathan wore Jorts and a tanktop. Seemed pretty L.A.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Oh one thing that actually really stood out from the show was that Seth told the "LOL = Lots of Love" story saying that his grandmother did that because she just got a cellphone, but that joke is old as poo poo, and Scott Aukerman (I think, may have been the guest) definitely mentioned it on CBB within the past two or three episodes.

Not a big deal, but I thought it was really weird for him to use a joke like that masked as a personal story, I don't recall ever noticing either of them doing that before.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Decided to listen to 127 based on the discussion and Seth bringing up cyberbullying in Aug 2008 is so ON POINT

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Binowru posted:

Haven't listened to it yet, but for the people who were there: Were there any visual gags that wouldn't translate well to the podcast? (other than Seth and Jah's awesome facial expressions, of course)

There were a couple good ones from Jonathan. One were he mimicked being Tom Cruise not having to kneel, and another where he mimics diving into traffic to get his cellphone.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Super Police Hands!

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Anyone else get a little dej v when Jonathan told the story of his adult DVD authoring friends in 347? Not sure what episode it was when he first told it, and he made some alterations (he changed 'meat' to 'steak'), but it was basically the same exact story. Seth didn't seem to notice it was a retread either.

Not that I can blame him, it's a pretty good anecdote and it was a long time ago I think.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I think they called Obama and cyberbullying being big issues in the first year of the show, long before I had heard of those things in the regular world (not that I'm the best source)

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I realized it was all an act when Seth didn't understand who or what Batman is

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I think Seth and Jonathan could make their plugs bearable a la Scott Aukerman and Steve Austin. Considering the way Aukerman does them it seems like you have free reign pretty much, and UYD could probably make it pretty funny.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

SaxMaverick posted:

89, if I remember correctly. All kinds of awkward, like you went to your friends house for dinner, and his parents argued the whole time.

The episode is really not that awkward.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Since I always enjoy reading people shouting out recent episodes they've listened to, I just wanna say I listened to 54 today and it was great. On a mother teaching her kids to act mentally retarded to receive social security payments, and then being found out when her son went to Canada to represent himself in court on a parking ticket:

"This ticket is bullshit! Uhh no dawg, YOU'RE bullshit!"

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Greggy posted:

Jonathan is pretty on board with juggalos. He doesn't like the music but he likes the lifestyle it seems like.

I think he was more impressed with the business acumen of ICP, how they planned from the beginning for the whole thing to be a cult like "family" that makes them millions of dollars.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I think someone asks this every few months or so, but does anyone know the first episode to feature "boaschk"? I can't find it in weck's wiki

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I just want to confirm since I'm not a Star Wars fan, but it was always called Episode 4: A New Hope right? I think i remember that from my youth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Carlton Banks posted:

I feel so bad for the person who has (323) 481-4422 now

Can't even read that number without hearing the old timey radio voice