Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

Fun Times! posted:

I'm listening to the first episode and you guys are right. They might be talking about Superbowl XL but their delivery and chemistry and general ways aren't much different.

e. Another thing I noticed: In the earlier episodes it's mostly Seth talking and Jonathan spends a lot of his time laughing at his jokes, which at first I thought kind of stunk because it made me think that the equality of the two was slightly skewed. Upon closer inspection I have a strong feeling it's because Jonathan was stoned a lot of the time, which makes everything better.

Stoned or not, would you laugh less then him if you had Seth in front of you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

Professor Latency posted:

I think he knows a lot more about technology than he depicts. I mean with stuff like 'What Seth learned on the monster-web' he certainly isn't the most savvy person, but come on.

Also, I love his vision of the future of living in "Albu-q" New Mexico right next door to Jonathan with families and their respective children growing up together. Uhh Yeah Dude is a wholesome show.

Don't forget they'll be doing the show into their old age (On the front porch I think).

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
My favorite Jah story was when he talked about loving a cantaloupe and his mom called him the day after the episode came out, and just said "A cantaloupe? Really Johnathan?"

JethroMcB posted:

From the end of one of my absolute favorite segments, Seth's rant about Dren from episode 133. Few people could probably read an entire bodybuilding supplements catalog out loud and make it interesting, but I think Seth could pull it off.

loving this, listen to it, do it now.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

JethroMcB posted:

Hey now, just a little pre-pro.

Is that a photoshop? Because Seth should be puking his brain out.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nataliealia/6104075910/in/set-72157627571405988

It's like going to the mall and seeing your dad with a different, secret family.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
I can't wrap my mind around being someone who listens to UYD and gets offended by some of the things they say.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

TheOtherContraGuy posted:

I loved the showed, but I brought four friends who don't listen to UYD and two of them had to walk out because the Craigslist ads were too much for them.

Do you mean too much, like they were laughing hysterically or their monocle popped off into their wine glass?

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

Drewsky posted:

Does Seth really have a young little brother? He mentions that sometimes too and I can never tell if it's just made up.

Jah does, in the course of the show he graduated high school I think.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

niggerstink420 posted:

Definitely just phoned this one in. This is one of the least funny episodes.

A guy named "niggerstink420" must know what is and what is not funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

I still haven't checked out You Look Nice Today. Do you think it's something that might appeal to UYD listeners in general?

I've been listening to UYD for about 5 years now, and have been listening to podcasts that long. The only two "2 Guys Talking" podcast I've heard that matches in comedy factor and banter/chemistry with each other are You Look Nice Today (despite 3 people and that they never release episodes) and The Complete Guide To Everything (which, lately I've been liking more then UYD).