Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Riptor posted:

Is that the episode where they had a huge fight and later realized it may have been because there was a carbon monoxide leak in Seth's apartment?

at what episode do they make this realization?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Riptor posted:

Checked Weck's Wiki; it's ep 153 about half an hour in

UYD: Carbon monoxide poisons friendships

Whoo allrighty then

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
I laugh every time that I hear

*wolf whistle*

SMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKINNNNNNNN!!!

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Song For The Deaf posted:

LeTurne and Schneere.

I just heard this one and the end where they do "Straight Talkin'" or whatever and it's just a long back-and-forth of no-content phrases was really loving funny

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Drewsky posted:

I love this poo poo. I started at the beginning not too long ago and am up to ep 53. Sooo good.

I remember thinking to myself "Ep 35 is where it really rockets off" Then "Nope it's somewhere in the 50s that this gets wild" But "Ahaha the episodes in the 80s are loving mental" Well "Except for the 110s and onward, that's money" And it actually hasn't ceased yet.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Biodome posted:

Episode 89 at the 37:46 mark. Jah was pissed. It was awkward.

Well they were crazy jacked on gas, so

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I still haven't listened to it because I don't want to hear them fighting, but they both were being slowly killed by a carbon monoxide leak right?

Yeah, probably. Seth brings it up somewhere in the 150s. I still remember Jonathan saying some really really out of blue stuff like "the ceiling and the walls just flipped," then moving on as if that was just a thing. Really odd.

I called the hotline earlier this week. Seth called back and left a voicemail (couldn't find my phone!) saying he was 'terrified' of the message.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

psychicsecession posted:

Found this on the UYD forums, a compilation of all of the Craigslist bits:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jfntg1

I absolutely need this, but why is everything weird .exe files? I'm on linux so whatev but where's the mp3?

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

Totally agree. I've watched all their videos on the Youtube channel a couple times now. Something about seeing their mannerisms and how they react to each other makes the actual audio podcast funnier because I can picture them reading postcards from Korean kids and Taco Bell reviews to each other. I know my husband really came around on the show once he saw some of the videos.

The Parenthood video is the best for Seth's storytelling.

Seth's mannerisms when he ends that one craigslist: "Nothin' weird... nothin' gay." and just sort of lets the paper drop makes it so much funnier.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Episodes are still down too I think. Can't download the one I'm on next (176)

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

mcvey posted:

I was able to download 77-79 earlier today. :confused:

Odd, I can buffer and play these episodes but Banshee won't download them so I can take em on my mp3 player.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Dope
Fresh
On point
crazy
Hey dude.... are you ok?
yike-os

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

REY DE LA PLAYA posted:

I've also begun asserting that any negative or confusing experiences I have give me straight up panic attacks. I cannot stop, nor will I ever want to.

I'll drink too much coffee and get a full on panny.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
I called the hotline on Christmas eve. Seth called back later, but since I was at my mom's house and I left for a while on Christmas day he talked to her instead.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Yeah it was cool. She took the message for me in shorthand (after Seth called back twice because she thought it was a wrong number)

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Basically, you're going to just go back and listen to those ones anyway and you have no real reason to stay current with it, so why not just start at the beginning?

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Oh, they definitely don't stop after 82. Live show yes, and then at least a handful of other times.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I didn't realize they ever did, but I haven't listened to anything below 200 or so.

Dude, you're missing out on... a lot.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

The Quake posted:

Nap time, Jew.

This is seriously the closest I ever thought I'd come to dying, when I nearly drove off the road after this bit

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Cached version of the site, hit up the RSS link. That worked for me anyhow.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Oh man, 253... thank you dead panda robot mommy. make my netflix que

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

x!te bike posted:

The clips on Seth's Corner are blowing my mind right now.

That poo poo is pure zen mindfuckery. I love it

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Also as people said there are running jokes literally arcing years over. I'm pretty sure Seth still talks about his adopted black grandchild Jeff (episode 88?)

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Oh, and the "Do you know who I saw together today...? Just laughin' and slappin'"

and you can't miss This Week In Florida

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

*PUNCH* posted:

I really, really, really miss these. Can't quite put my finger on why - I don't care much about celebrities and I didn't know most of the names Seth dropped. I think part of it was the saturation, maybe; I kept imagining this one Starbucks on Larchmont just packed with B-listers making out. Hey, that's a crazy coffee shop you've got going. Are you okay? Do you need... help?

It was always someone sorta B-list and then someone sorta D-list, which made it funnier.

Just FYI to the guy who initially asked I started at 1 and I THINK I might have skipped 3,4, and 5 or something trivial, but it's been at least a year and I'm on 266, and it's been great to have this massive backlog of funny stuff that I hardly have to worry about running out of. Long car ride? Bus day? Dishes, cooking? It's great.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

AnnoyBot posted:

If one were to edit together all the 'dren rants, the sobriety breakdowns, and the laughing/slapping items, would there be... synergy? Seriously- just 30 minutes of solid Seth, rolling at full throttle.

Did Seth ever get duped by a craigs house JO ad posted by forum goons? I know there's a comedy goldmine of goon-produced ads that sound mighty similar.

Someone edited together all the Craig's Haus bits and it was over 3 hours.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Chantix posted:

So I was going through the uyd slogans here to steal one for a title, and ended up laughing my rear end off for a while. Some of the best:

UYD: Your only source in Los Angeles for country music
UYD: Over the knee bare-bottom discipline
UYD: Solo bukkake for the soul
Superstition, feng shui and nostalgia: The Autobiography of Seth Romatelli

UYD: Kidney out the butt
UYD: Daytime DUIs
UYD: Drowning in bitch juice

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Not strictly that, but my favorite will always be references to "Twin Jets Productions"

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

CortezFantastic posted:

While I'm not one to pry into people's lives, one of my many questions about Seth has been answered. I always wondered if Seth was in any relationships with a lady since his breakdown, but figured he just might be too neurotic. Well I called the voicemail today to tell him about how bad the Beach Boys were as an act at Bonnaroo was for me, and he had bought tickets to see them. I missed his call, so I called him back, and on his voicemail it seems a lady has moved in with him. Very happy for my dog.

Jonathan says in 312 or 313 that Seth broke down and bought the Beach boys tickets via the Power of the Pussy so rest easy son

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

CortezFantastic posted:

I also recommend the show where they drank Cocaine.

Oh man which one is this? Jonathan at the end saying something like "I don't like this... I don't feel okay" is hilarious.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Yep Boston show was great. I didn't stick around after but it looks like it was jammed up anyway. I had a good seat on Seth's side, third row. And yes, for those not in attendance the laughter from nothing towards the beginning is Seth holding up a tub of Fluff

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

a starwar betamax posted:

Was the crowd wildly drunk? Or is this normal for this kind of thing?

We were jammin live to uyd, of course it was gonna get raucous. People were throwing poo poo on stage and stuff, it ruled.

Also in the most recent one, Seth's made up Mountain Dews were the best part.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
the fox news tsuami parody had me lying on the floor, sobbing and clawing feebly

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
I got high and watched Seth Clips for like 3 hours yesterday, god drat that is some freaky poo poo sometimes. He's right that he should make it an installation, if someone cut up all the segments and then randomly assorted them.

Though it is kinda funny the running "jokes" that some of them have. Going from a bunch of old Letterman bits on Bush, then a COPS thing, Letterman jokes, and then just a building exploding is surreal. Just when you think it's amounting to all "oh god the Brady bunch were so popular in this weird way, also this old commercial!" and then someones' getting mowed down by a helicopter cannon.

doug fuckey fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 20, 2012

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Also, he later recounts the "gayest experience" he's ever had, and it has nothing to do with that. It's pretty funny.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
I decided that it hit its stride at like fourteen different episodes, there are a lot of callbacks and references and if you're going to hear them all anyways why not just start at the beginning? There's no rush to get caught up (I only did a few months ago) and it's like you've been given 345 hours of comedy for free. Should sustain you for quite a few roadtrips.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
everyone asks, it's because they gently caress up his order if he gives it verbally so he just pretends to be mute and writes it down.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
It's a loving funny video for a website, he improvised the whole thing, you know, to make it funny, and stuff??

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Communocracy posted:

I'll admit it. I just came in to this thread to because I HAVE to know what that rap song is at the beginning of episode 360. Fuckin' awesome flow

It tells you on the RSS feed what every single song is. That one's Aceyalone by The Guidelines however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

nub posted:

Other way around; Aceyalone is the rapper, "The Guidelines" is the track.

Ack you're right, J does it song-artist-album uh doi