Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Yeah it is really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Ugh the site is down, just when I went to get 368, anyone have a link?

nvm, podfeed is god

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

nemoulette posted:

I'm pretty 'sure' that episode predates JRE's existence.

E: by two and a half years, even.

It's such an old idea though, that's what makes the JRE opening so awful. I know exactly the kind of attitude Jonathan means, where the host is all "whhhhhhhhhaaaaatsuuuuup you pussies, here;s some RAWwwwww comedy comin' at cheyyaaaamotherfuckers!!" Not the lighthearted calling the listeners of WTF "WTFers"

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
When those get put in a permanent installation, should they remain divided up into volumes or should it be combined into one massive random cascade of insanity?

Actually, I'm thinking one volume per television, all playing simultaneously and on loop.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Bolek posted:

Have they ever mentioned what happened to the raw video from the episodes where they had the film crew? Does someone own it?

It's in Seth's closet

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Can somebody explain how having a different inside joke title that only makes sense/is only funny in the context of the show is supposed to attract new listeners?

Late.

If you don't think that claiming the Whitest Diapers in the Neighborhood is funny without any context, I dunno.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
That's very new, and it looks alright except that Seth'c clips now don't play on the TV, which is terrible.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
is this the concert jonathan refers to in the ep? it's wild.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXRjUem79Ic

doug fuckey fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 16, 2013

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Sistergodiva posted:

The gay rumours thing is pretty lame and goes a way a short while into the shows.

I think this was really funny. Half the time it's a notable B-list celebrity of times past with a sort of D-list TV actor and the way Seth doesn't even really say "gay," just stuff like "yeah all laughing... slapping..." was funny as all get out.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
USA Today Snapshots was incredible lmao louie ck as a wingman, donald glover, danny glover, crispin glover? best wingman ever

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Not that anyone who knows him knows him by that. Are you not American or just have never heard of Larry the Cable Guy?

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Oh, I missed that too. Yeah most people wouldn't recognize who that name is.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
which vegan place is that?

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Start it out with the initial clip up to the first time Jonathan says it, then just clip together literally every other instance of them saying "TWEEEEEEEENS" cause it will probably be like 3 minutes long of just TWEEEEEENS twiiiiiiins TWINZ twiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiins then break once for the one time seth really leads into it, then do the rest

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
It's the weird way that they incorporate stuff from the show into their language, and I'm sure the forum was full of dudes saying "steez" and poo poo. reading that post really creeped me out, especially the way they guy directly made an analogy with "No games, no drama." People really have a need to fill their life with poo poo.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
I am also pretty sure that it was a joke. Or at least, their rally against it was exaggerated in order to create Comedy.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
I just had to quit playing it because I was reading the daily budget wrong at the end of the day and didn't know you had to click to buy stuff, so everyone was cold and sick and dying or dead already and I felt too guilty to continue.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Those usernames were hilarious. RobFord420

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
oh my god, the mindfreak intro

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

a starwar betamax posted:

When did seth get a cat?

are you real

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Didn't he say he works at one in West Hollywood? Not be weird or anything, I'm just sure it's a good store and if he was working he'd have a good rec (my girlfriend has her card and needs to reup anyway)

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
They all have names similar to that, I feel ya.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
440 is out. Hollywood name game goes out on hiatus with the absolute pinnacle of insanity

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Anonymous Robot posted:

Oh thank god. Hollywood Game Night recaps by Seth were giving me the same anxiety Seth gets from them himself.

Him. This person. This living human being, right here

pass

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
The newest seth clips is loving incredible, I'm dying laughing at the scallop man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Two NH stories this week, I feel like I should alert seth to this: https://www.spectralfest.com