Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Alfajor posted:

I'm a fan of UYD, and thus, a fan of this thread!
I'd love to see them live, but I doubt they'll ever come to Reno of all places. Has anyone gotten to see them at one of their live shows? I imagine the after-parties are more than half the fun.

My friends and I drove down from Montreal for the Brooklyn live show and it was a lot of fun. When coming into the venue, we started looking around, hoping to see one of the guys and Seth greeted us and shook our hand out of nowhere, as if he was waiting specifically for us! He was quite friendly and so was Jahnathan after the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Nadine Hauklund posted:

That is the craziest loving thing about this podcast; it is FULLY good from the start. It's not even like an evolution of style. They come on with a certain style and it's practically indistinguishable from the most recent episode. That's not to say that the show doesn't change; it's just so consistently awesome. They do so little on current event poo poo that if you weren't paying attention you wouldn't necessarily know what year the episode came from. And even then you can only tell because of which old lady happens to be the oldest person alive.

Its always been consistent but back then, in those golden times of To Catch A Predator, there was an extra magic in the episodes.
Its such a crazy show, it was made for UYD to talk about it.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Man, that whole "Sven" runner this week. So fuckin funny. Seth was on rare form.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

james earl pwns posted:

Does anyone who listens to UYD listen to "Jordan Jesse Go"? UYD is the only podcast I listen to but I tried to listen to Jordan Jesse Go since they guest starred on it, so I figured there must be some overlap, but it was awful.

It was so forced and put-on with their little intro and the one guy's morning radio DJ host voice, and the ironic self-aggrandizement shtick that nerds have totally run into the ground ("Yeah we're kind of a really big deal :smug: Our show is epic win, and the best ever *sly wink and nod*"). Sure enough I saw a picture of them and they look like the two dorkiest goons ever

I've come around on JJGO, but when the first exposure is their show with Uhh Yeah Dude, they come across as super terrible. Jesse Thorn had this weird, douchy unfunny agressiveness towards the guys and it didnt work at all.

I would love to hear Seth on something like Sklarbro Country to discuss sports insanity (and his Cowboys) though.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
A listener working as an english teacher in korea had his class send postcards to UYD. The results are as amazing as you imagine.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Maduo posted:

It's probably because Jonathan and Seth aren't comedians or popular actors. All those podcasts intermingle because those people are all connected outside of the podcast world. Or because they all know John Hodgman apparently.

Jonathan and Seth aren't comedians and dont seem too connected to that world. Also, as much as I love the guys, they are a bit hipper-than-thou when it comes to that stuff or that circle.
I remember a year ago when Aziz Ansari was hosting the MTV movie awards and they were mentionning it all "thats it, Aziz aint fresh anymore!"

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
"If you're not Ryan Gosling you suck!"

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

a pipe smoking dog posted:

The pics of him in that album sitting on a park bench while trying desperately not to touch it are pretty fantastic.

He's sitting with Kurt's Ghost, you insensitive JERK!

Still though, those pictures are a find!

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Guess who I saw, coming out of starbucks, just Laughing and Slapping?

Jensen Ackles and Tom Welling. BO-Nified.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

I remember seeing this posted somewhere before, either here or the uyd board. But anyway... take a look and and then continue not prying:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nataliealia/

Can we get him as an extra/smallish part on Mad Men? He only needs the wardrobe.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

a starwar betamax posted:

I believe Seth actually is actually ignorant about a lot of things, (Mostly about things that someone in Florida would care about, like guns, cars and hunting) but he plays it up a ton and exaggerates it for the yucks.

"James Bond, he sleeps with broads, right? BOASHK!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Beeez posted:

I know he's being sarcastic a lot, but what leads you guys to believe that literally 99.9% of what he says is as a character? Again, I'm a newbie, I'm happy to hear from the diehard fans on this.

Because on the rest of what he talks about, he's simply smarter than a guy who actually believes there arent other planets. Seth plunges in so much weird stuff and culture but wouldnt know what James Bond is? If you listen to a lot, you find holes in what he says. In later episodes he drops tech terms that do not jibe with his techno-illiterate character and so on.