Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anachronist posted:

Uhh, no dogg. I thought that bit was pretty obviously a joke? I mean he didn't even get out of the theater and into the lobby for the post show meet and greet for like 20 minutes.
Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious it was a joke too, but it sounded like a lot of the room thought he was being serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone have a list of the episode numbers of the live shows? I'd like to go back and listen to them in order and see how they've improved their game.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's that big thing that sits next to my computer?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Why the gently caress would anyone willingly get into a whiplash nausea machine with the added bonus of the chance of dismemberment/other severe bodily harm/death?"
_______________/

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jeff Wiiver posted:

The clear choice is UYD: We Smoke The Seeds

Second.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stuff would probably have a better chance of getting shipped if you just ordered by mailing Seth an item number and a check.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Paul's dead bitch, go get me poo poo!

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rewind dem jizzface

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

roach cum puddle posted:

She was at the Dallas show along with jah's girlfriend I'm pretty sure? Yeah Seth's girlfriend is really cute, and when I found out he was straight I was really bummed out because I wanted to go gay for him :(

Hey, there's always Craigshouse.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Is anyone getting a VIP ticket to the NY show? I wanna know what they put in that goody bag.

Everyone in attendance gets flat daddies of Sethro and Jonathon.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GraPar posted:

Because the subject of UYD obsession was on my mind due to this thread, I did feel particularly self-conscious of the fact that as soon as Jonathan asked Seth whether he'd ever been to Washington DC, I immediately knew that he had, that it was on a school field trip and that he had bought a t-shirt there (about which I think there's a further story that I forget).

I wanna say it was a Spuds MacKenzie shirt?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I get all my fresh eps from podcast pickle.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Binowru posted:

Show was dope, y'all.

USA Today Snapshots
Playboy Advisor
Recalls from Chi-nah
Craigslist
Horse-Weed-Mind's Eye (but with bowling balls instead of horses)
Lots more that I'm forgetting right now

But this was a solid ep. Snapped some pics, I'll post an Imgur gallery once I have it uploaded.

e: And here it is!
http://imgur.com/a/pff71

I saw you on the facebook page!

I just wish the flash was the same on the Seth and papa Larroquette photos so I could photoshop their faces onto one another.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
419 up
http://traffic.libsyn.com/uhhyeahdude/ep419dudeyeahuhh.mp3

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm so jealous of everyone posting about tonight's show on the facebook group. I live 20 miles from Largo, I need to go to the next LA show.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crescendo posted:

I do understand your sentiment, but it's a little disappointing too.

I mean yeah, of course, not everything has to be constantly dissected through the social justice rubric to the nth degree, and we don't all need to lay about practicing self-flagellation because we're all horrible people. But we shouldn't pretend it doesn't exist either. It's not wrong to talk seriously in a circlejerk thread every once and awhile.

C'mon, man. I agree, we all like to switch off and enjoy the funny sometimes, but we're all earnest here aren't we? I dislike SJW-gone-mad beaviour too, but I don't think this is it.
The reason no one wants to have this discussion is because it's never been to the benefit of the thread it takes place in.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

This place will rip it self apart when the inevitable Jah and Marc Maron's girlfriend, high on bad cocaine together in Mexico story comes out.

As long as he doesn't ambiguously "grab" her, we should be good.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Is there a clip on youtube of the bit where Jonathan tells Seth that he came onto his own face?

Based on this it's 135.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Binowru posted:

Holy poo poo, I used to live less than a mile away from The Studio.

Living, Loving, Laughing, Learning in Los Angeles

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Haven't they mentioned recording video of some of the new live eps?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ever since that bit of information came out, whenever I go to a new dispensary I wonder if it'll end up being the one he works at.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What if for the 500th episode they announce they've secretly been filming everything since episode 100 and they're going to start releasing them on an Encyclopedia Britannica-esque collection of VHS tapes. :shepspends:

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One of them posted a stupid "COMMON CORE WHAT IS THIS IT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE" math problem image and if it'd just been someone on my friends list I probably would've just unfriended them, but it's not everyone in the group who's that bad(it's mainly just the olds) so I tried explaining it a bit.

I only got as much as "Yeah alright I get it but 2+2 DOESNT EQUAL 5 ONLY IN ORWELL BRAINWASHING OUR KIDS" in response so yeah I'll probably bail too.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a starwar betamax posted:

Honestly, i bet Seth is pretty riled up about common core maths

One of the comments was pretty much spot on Seth reaction:

quote:

hey, hows your new math! granpapa we don't do math like that anymore, we make 1+10 cover two pages now. it's new math.
It's impossible for me to read that and not hear Seth doing it.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

meth addict posted:

Sooo, is UYD a thing where their fans are separated into different areas of the internet and they all say each other is the worst? Because you guys are kind've the worst, and you're talking down on the Facebook group about trivial things.

Thanks for popping in to say hi!

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah and that selectively quoted bit of conversation was started by this:

bango skank posted:

Ever since that bit of information came out, whenever I go to a new dispensary I wonder if it'll end up being the one he works at.
So it's not exactly like there was some group of people here trying to track the guy down and wait outside for his shift to end.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seth gives out his home address and Jonathan(used to) give out his personal phone number. I really doubt people wondering which weed shop he works at would chill him to his core.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.vice.com/read/the-terrors-in-las-existential-haunted-house-are-inside-your-own-head-126

UYD merch sighting in a Vice article.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ask and you shall receive, ep 442 of Oh No Die.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite part of the episode was the one rear end in a top hat clapping too loudly and for too long at the first mention of someone killing Obama.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DannyTanner posted:

New The Best Of ft. UYD goes live on Monday.
I've never understood these. So they run a podcast on chopping up other people's podcasts into one unlistenably long file of the "best" stuff? Seems pretty sketch to me.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It just seems to me that in an industry that's as reliant upon subscriber/download numbers as podcasting is, taking someone else's work and rehosting it elsewhere seems a bit iffy. I haven't seen any podcasters complaining about it themselves though, and they do link to the official pages for the shows, so I guess it must not be that big of a deal.

The only one I ever checked out was the first one they did for the 2012 UYD's and I found myself wanting to just download the individual episodes and listen to those again, if you enjoy them though don't let me stop you from listening.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Damo posted:

Sorry the fact that I can't remember what I posted about two months ago in the UYD thread is ruining your forums experience. And it's not like I'm bragging about the way I listen to it nor do I think it's "something worthy". I was just explaining where I was coming from. Why do people get annoyed by the stupidest poo poo.

Also I don't listen to the new episodes for the exact reason someone expressed to suggest listening to the new ones -- it doesn't really matter. It's all funny and doesn't need to be about topical current events poo poo to entertain me so I just keep hitting next episode. It's slightly easier than jumping back and forth once a week or so when the new ep comes out :effort:

Thread not living up to its tag and the UYD vibe as the chill bros hangout. Thanks for the YouTube clip link btw

lol again with this bragging business. Where are you getting this from, and why would someone even deem how they listen to a podcast as brag worthy? You guys are just making poo poo up to get annoyed at. Nothing I posted was remotely bragging.
This thread can be oddly hostile to some people for some reason. Just take solace in the fact they aren't following the true path of the Teachings of Jonathan and Seth.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Peace officer, is that a new term? I think they took "protect and serve" off the cars like ten years ago. Now it just says "watch it."

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I get enough anxiety just answering unknown numbers, I'd probably start hyperventilating if I did and it was Seth on the other end.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know, I guess I've got telephone apprehension? I'm one of those people who has to make a list of what I'm calling to say before I make a call.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But what will happen if his ringers make it to the show and then choke under the lights and cameras? It'll be the final indignity that drives Seth back to the bottle!

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
HOLY gently caress Jonathan's story about his foray into dentistry :barf:

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jonathan probably just owns a few tank tops with the flag on them that he bought while down south or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
453 up. Is this news? Are you reading this?