Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Was 'consummate' the word Jah was looking for? I haven't finished the episode yet so he may have figured out the answer to his expert ninja thief riddle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

CortezFantastic posted:

Going back through old episodes again. Listening Episode 18 and it brought up another gem into Seth's psyche. He apparently will call his mom from across the country and ask her if she left the stove on.

I love that crazy fucker.

I get such a kick out of that maniacal faux giggle that he does.

And Jah's redneck accent is pretty dope as well.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

Up to episode twenty-two of my re-run through of all the episodes, even going to listen to the infamous fight one when I get to it, and I love how angry Seth gets at Jah leaving stupid messages on his answering machine.

They even mentioned the fight in the latest episode, attributing the 'time they almost killed each other,' to the carbon monoxide leak.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

WoG posted:

I believe that's Amir, the other half of Jogger.

Is Jogger done as a project? I really liked their first album.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Binowru posted:

I want to see Seth and Jonathan give each other a huge open-mouthed kiss at the end of the LA show. It would be the perfect finale.

By the way, anyone going to the Seattle show tomorrow? I expect a trip report.

One of my favorite moments of the recent Marcia ep was when Seth informed his mother that he and Jah begin every episode with a kiss on the lips.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

Only by a few hours. New episodes have been up Tuesday about lunchtime pretty consistently for a few months now.

So is it up for this week? I don't see it on BeyondPod yet :(

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I've started the backlog and am loving it. Just hit episode 20 yesterday, and there are some great quirks of the early episode, including the hilariously bad "This Week in Florida" harmonic jingle that Jonathan put together.

Craig's House starts in the 50's, right?

Also funny to hear Jonathan plug his good buddy Zach Galifinakis on I think it was 18 or 19, certainly pre-Hangover fame.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I can't get over how hilariously bad/awesome the This Week in Florida intro jingle is in earlier episodes.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

causticBeet posted:

Sounds perfect, thanks. Any specific episode in the 70's with Craigslist stuff? I can only imagine how great it is (until I'm out of class and can grab that poo poo).

I highly recommend starting from the beginning as well. After picking up the podcast a year or two ago, I cherry picked in the 70s and 100s for awhile. I recently started over from 1 and its so much better. Takes them a few to get the rhythm going, but it is totally worth it.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

big business sloth posted:

Also as people said there are running jokes literally arcing years over. I'm pretty sure Seth still talks about his adopted black grandchild Jeff (episode 88?)

The 3 UYD interns get mentioned in the first 20 or so episodes as well. Other little running gags are great, like Seth getting really annoyed at Jonathan's use of "whilst" in early episodes.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

x!te bike posted:

Super horned up. Who wants to drain 2 months worth of spunk-sauce out of this jackhammer?
Nothing weird, nothing gay. No drama.

It's got a beat poetry cadence to it.

Cum on my knees.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Riptor posted:

:siren: UYD show in Boston Saturday July 7!!! :siren:

Awww drat, figured Chicago would be next... Hopefully this summer!

Enjoy Boston Goons, can't wait for a trip report.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Power of Pecota posted:

Oh man, if they ever do a Chicago show, I'm so going to be there.

They always seem to mention Chicago first as one of the potential cities when they talk about taking UYD on the road, so i'm holding out hope. UYD at Lincoln Hall would be dope.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Was checkin' out the boys Wikipedia page, and someone awesome tweaked the external links to Jogger's MySpace page and to Seth's IMDB page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uhh_Yeah_Dude

I was not disappointed.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Zeeco posted:

The most talking about his real self Seth does is ranting about sobriety.

Yeah, there are a couple of moments where he really sounds frustrated. I feel for the guy,and good on him for staying strong for 10 + years, goddamn.

In going through the backlog, i'm in episode 42 Seth makes a comment about adoption where Jah laughed and said "stop." Did i miss the gas leak episode, or is that still yet to come? Been awhile since I've heard it.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

UYD: The Cis-est Diapers in the Neighborhood

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

AltronHGX posted:

These two are literally why I started listening to the show :)

I'm in the late 60s now and they've kind of stopped :(

Don't worry- Craigs House is right around the corner.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Has anyone compiled a playlist of intro/outro songs from UYD? That would be dope.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Grooveshark seems to have more obscure tunes that does Spotify, so i'm gonna get started on one. Wish me luck.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

All Else Failed posted:

This is true, but you bash Jonathan way too much. Most listeners of the show do. Seth would never, ever be able to do this show with anyone else. Jonathan says some loving hilarious things. Seth repeats things Jonathan says a lot. And Jonathan lends a space-cadet factor to it that many of us appreciate, because we're not east coast catholics (east coast atheist lolzzzzzz).

I love them both and this show.

I wish you godspeed, sir, I really do... but good loving luck. Jah listens to some obscure rear end poo poo.

Yeah, it's pretty nuts how hard some of this stuff is to find (namely some of the more world music tracks he pulls), but i've got the list up to about 70 songs right now. Played it during a gathering at my place on Friday and got mad compliments for the selection, so kudos to Jah for his dope taste in music.

I'll keep on chugging, and post the final mix in the thread once i've gotten all the way through the list- currently still 275+ episode tracks to search through.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Will you just post it as a play list that we can listen to on grooveshark / spotify? Do you happen to have a list of what you have so far so I can get started just to get a taste?

Here's the current playlist on Grooveshark: http://grooveshark.com/playlist/Uhhyeahdude69+com/78178030

Lots more to go!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Sammich posted:

This really really rules and I say this should be edited into the OP. The music selections are so so essential to the show.

Glad you're liking it! I spent some time this evening adding more, and i'm up to about 230 songs now. The problem is for the first half of the show, they only list the artists and not the songs :( I pulled what I could from Weck's Wiki and made a handful of educated guesses.

If anyone knows a good source for lifting intros/outros other than the show notes/Weck's Wiki, i'm all ears.

It'd be totally dope to complete this list.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Tenik posted:

Is this what your looking for, The Quake?

I added a couple more songs to the playlist yesterday, and when I get some free time I'm going to run through the back catalogue and try and soundhound all of the unlabeled intro/outros from the first 200 or so episodes (currently none of them are listed in the episode descriptions). Hope to have it a lot more complete before the end of the year!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

C-Euro posted:

:siren:Hey cervixalot:siren:, I found another song for your playlist: the intro song for this UYD animation is Helicon 2 (Max Tundra Remix) by Mogwai, which was the intro for episode 129 but I don't see on the Grooveshark playlist. It's in Grooveshark's database though, I just don't know how to add it.
E: A couple more in the description of this video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMY6ZyM5cMc

Awesome, thanks! I added all three to the playlist, and hope to do some more searching this week/weekend.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Or a smartphone with sound Hound

Yep, that's the plan!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Soundhound is killing it. I should have the rest of the catalogue (or what's on Grooveshark at least) in the playlist in the next week or two. Added a whole bunch today.

Edit: Anyone know what the intro for Episode 13 is? I recognize, but Soundhound won't pick it up.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 8, 2012

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I'm an ep or two behind in the rotation, but did we get a Marcia ep this christmas? Please say we did.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Maron has a younger girlfriend who is a huge UYD fan who it sounds like made this all happen.

Maron has generated some good interviews with comedians, but in general comes off as bitter towards anyone who has success and didn't spend twenty years slugging it out in comedy clubs. Also, he tends to turn interviews around to himself, especially to focus on issues around his alchoholism/cocaine use. If he is able to get seth to open up about addiction, it might be pretty sweet but most of us expect it will be pretty tame.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Since it hasn't been mentioned for a little while, here's the UYD intro/outro playlist on Grooveshark, made by fresh-rear end goon cervixalot. Thanks again for making this, were you still working on it? I know the older episodes don't mention the names of these tracks in the shownotes.

I've been absolutely slammed at work so my free-time has severely dwindled as of late, but I do plan on getting back to updating the list. I'll also see if I can make anyone else who wants to a contributor so I'm not the bottleneck on the playlist.

There are a handful of songs that I took guesses on in the early days, so there might be a bit of culling that I need to do, but for the most part, the list is right on. Still missing some of the early-mid episodes songs, and probably the intros/outros for the last 8 or so episodes.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Marc Maron just tweeted that UYD will be on his podcast next Monday. Can't wait to hear this one.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

As soon as I hit the Playgirl segment I remembered why 127 is 100% the best UYD episode.

"You need to get over it."

Basically all the best video clips are from this ep.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 20, 2013

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

Just wondering, how the gently caress do you guys explain this podcast to friends you want to get into it?

UYD: The Whitest Diapers in the Neighborhood

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Wrap a smile around that cock.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Oh man, just realized we missed a chance at a "UYD: Newports, Snickers Charged and a Playgirl" for a thread title :(

Easily one of my favorite UYD segments by far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EihFTpui1KE

I cannot stop laughing at the way Seth pronounces 'Playgirl' at 1:16/1:17

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I want some Tequila and Bonetti in the next Seth's corner.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Jippa posted:

poo poo gets real when jonathon calls out his old school mate for being drunken creep at that party. That is the first time I've heard it personal like that.

Was this in the most recent episode? I think I somehow missed that.

So with Jonathan in Iceland for a few weeks, are they going to be dipping into the archive of recorded episodes? Here's hoping for some Marcia lost eps...

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Uhh Yeah Cruise is still the best idea for a UYD show :colbert:

I was going to name my next homebrew batch Uhh Yeah Brew until the boys went and stole my idea on a recent ep :mad:

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

CortezFantastic posted:

It's almost as if he is acting, based on real feelings of being a struggling actor in LA. Nah he was probs mad.

Naw, they were homies. Family friends. I'm sure he's OK. Junction!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Kevin Keller is probably the Archie character I know the most about thanks to UYD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Cool goon cervixalot did this on Grooveshark but I don't know when it was last updated.

Also still going on the '07 compilation, how did I forget about my favorite Craigslist line: "You come to gently caress so you gently caress to cum" :laffo:

I updated it about a month ago. Will give you all a heads up when I update it again (soon) and take another pass at identifying the unknowns.