Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chemical Shift
Aug 17, 2008

Asnorban posted:

Sethro's obssession with egging anything and anyone in episode 98 is cracking me up. I started listening at episode 200, and have been listening to the past eps (worked my way up to 99). Not looking forward to having heard them all.
There are so many that when you start over again (and you'll want to), it's still fantastic.

UYD4Life, it's the best podcast ever. Just listened to Episode 17 again and I couldn't stop laughing throughout most of it. For new people (or people like me who have gone through the archives many many times), I recommend that for a random ep, really great.

Edit:

Caper posted:

There's this episode where Seth is telling a story about when he was in a restaurant and this bat-poo poo insane super hot woman takes her clothes off and starts freaking out. The story is so surreal, was he really standing there when that happened?

That's Episode 17! "Which one am I here for?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemical Shift
Aug 17, 2008

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

I'm going through a second run-through of all the episodes (I'm up to 191) and a few weeks after Jonathan first started giving out his cell, Seth started saying that he could be found in the book. This went on for a while though he doesn't say it anymore and hasn't for a long time.

And regarding doing a second run-through: I was surprised to learn that some people re-listen to the show from the beginning once they've caught up. The thought of listening to close to 300 hours of something the first time around is a bit daunting, but doing it twice?

However, the show's so addictive and most other podcasts are so lacking in comparison, that I had no choice. I'm glad I did because 1) there's no way a person could remember every single conversation that's ever taken place on the show 2) it's not like you can't laugh at the same thing twice and 3) I've been laid off for a while (due to these oh so tough economic times) and I have a lot of free time on my hands.

No way am I doing a third run-through though, so I'm going to have to go back to trying to convince myself that The Complete Guide to Everything and My Brother, My Brother and Me are satisfying alternatives to UYD.

You say that now, but give it some time and you'll be back. I'm already in my 40s on my third time through and goddamn it's still the absolute best.

Edit: though I should say I did take a long break and listened to a bunch of other stuff like Advice Hot Dog and MBMBaM, variety never hurts. It's fun to get back into UYD after all this time though.