Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The bit about him on stage with Will Smith doing gestures for the races mentioned in "Rapper's Delight" and the best part is that this is happening at a Nobel Prize event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

1007, anybody know the album Jonathan "got duped" by (like it was billed as something old, previously lost, rediscovered, but was actually not)?

Cached Money posted:

Hasn't he talked about this before? I have a vague memory about it.
Stumbled on something that I thought might be it until I noticed this was from 2022, though he could have been just misremembering or saw it late himself when he said "this year":

quote:

In the second week of April, the legendary proto-punk band Max Creeps announced their breakup after over 40 years together. And for a couple days Twitter and Instagram were full of rock stars lamenting the band’s demise and sharing memories of gigs, including Billie Joe Armstrong, Henry Rollins, and Laura Jane Grace. Despite never releasing an album, the duo of Max Blastic and PC Bullshit had managed to influence generations of rockers.
There’s just one problem: There’s no evidence that Max Creeps ever existed. As the breakup announcement was quickly followed by an announcement that a Max Creeps album, Nein, would finally be released by Velocity Records on May 13, internet sleuths smelled a PR stunt, or at least a late April Fool’s joke, and started to piece together clues.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Gavin Newsom was another resemblance people have pointed out.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

842: Esquapes partners with Inngi.
843: Seth loses it about a chicken finger restaurant dubbed "Huey McGoo's".

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

865, I can't believe I forgot that young Jah once owned an authentic Top Gun, Tom Cruise-used flight suit.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

zenguitarman posted:

Just got around to throwing the boys some cash on patreon and started checking out the archives on the website. Really missing the episode descriptions with the song titles. Oh well. What's the preferred method of listening on mobile? I hate listening to local files on Spotify, the player sucks.
A few years ago I made a Python script to scrape the Vault into an RSS file you can serve to yourself; used it a few months ago and it worked but only with the Firefox webdriver, not Chrome.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Remembered I had an old Python script that scrapes the UYD Vault page into an RSS file, so I dusted it off and polished it up and here it is. You'll need to know how to install Python dependencies (listed at the top) and run a command-line script. Many podcast apps will let you import an RSS file stored locally on your device; the script will also give you instructions for uploading the RSS file to Dropbox and getting a link that will work in your app.

This merely automates the process of copy-pasting the Vault links into an RSS file builder; if they ever move or gate the MP3 files themselves your feed won't work anymore. It requires valid credentials to the Vault; please take care to follow the instructions about not making the feed public.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

C-Euro posted:

One of my favorite Seth quirks is that he's a vegan who hates hunting, not because it involves harming animals but because he thinks modern hunters are lazy.
The bit that ran for a few in the 800s I think where he had the bowhunting magazine talking about different arrows and their "wound channels"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

911, during a discussion of a cadaver shortage impacting medical education
J: [...] Realdolls aren't filled with guts, are they?
S: Yeah, they are now, the newest ones. I mean 2.0, where you been? 'Is this one filled with guts? My bro wants to know if this is filled with guts.'
J: Because I was just thinking, are people getting them and getting like really crazy with them?
S: You mean as opposed to the people that have just bought a sex doll? Are they getting extra crazier than the doll they're loving?
J: Yeah, are they doing crazier things than loving it--
S: Yeah!
J: --like with anatomy?