Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Half of Dracula posted:

Seth is just really mysterious. I always wonder where he works, because most of the time he portrays himself as this super-panicked wreck...

Well, he was in Crossroads, and an episode of McBride opposite John Larroquet Snr. So, there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Fun Times! posted:

Episode 39 I think, Jah talks about how he was a very young kid (like 9) dry humping a pillow while watching a women's bodybuilding competition when his parents walked in. He said, "I was just waiting for the guy's competition!" as an excuse and his dad said, "That's worse."

My favourite thing about whenever Jah or Seth bring up Jah's dad is just that small, little outside bit of knowledge about who Jah's dad is. It just makes it funnier to me, for some reason.

Listening to the first couple of episodes, I love how they rapidfire deliver stuff that sounds like an inside joke with a heap of history. The bit in episode 3 where Seth describes how the pedophiles on 'To Catch a Predator' look when they show up and Jah says 'not cool' which they both instantly add on '...or awesome?' and then settle on 'awesome' cracks me the gently caress up.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Fun Times! posted:

Is it pedophile or peedophile?

Is it 'deffecate' or deefecate'?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Up to episode twenty-two of my re-run through of all the episodes, even going to listen to the infamous fight one when I get to it, and I love how angry Seth gets at Jah leaving stupid messages on his answering machine.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

danifestmestny posted:

That wasn't one of Seth's stories after he went to Pittsburgh That One Time and mentioned the city for the next 4 or 5 shows was it? Because drat.

It's the story about how he was incredibly hosed up once at Sunset Junction and ducked into a McDonalds to clear his head and saw a really old, white pedophile bromancing a young black kid.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Uhh Yeah Dude, you done got back on.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Hahaha, I forgot all about the part in the ninety to ninety-five episode range where Seth comes to the reasoning that teachers didn't use to blow kids all the time like they do nowadays because he would have gotten blown.

"I'm blowable, yo!"

That and the teacher who used to compliment him all the time and Jah thinking that she dug him crack me up.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Binowru posted:

Is Seth vegetarian too? I thought it was just Jonathan.

He's Vegetarian, it's brought up that time they have that disgusting as gently caress wierd-rear end energy drink (I forget the particulars but one of the ingredients is some kind of meat broth as I recall?) and Seth puts it in his mouth to taste it but won't swallow it because he's a vegetarian.

Ellaybee posted:

As far as I can remember, Seth's been an unwavering vegetarian for years, but Jonathan's vacillated between vegan (I think?)/vegetarian/spicy chicken sandwich aficionado.

"I've eaten with this rear end in a top hat four times in the last month; he had cheese at every loving meal!"

Biodome posted:

Best Seth food story was when he told us that he never speaks when he goes out to eat at his usual place. He just gestures except for the one time there was a new girl and he got pissed because he had to say something.

Or the story about how he met the girl of his dreams but she was insane and tried to stab him.

"Which one am I here for!?"

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Biodome posted:

"Oh yeah Seth I forgot to mention I've been eating fish lately..."

".......WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU SAYING?"

"An exception!? What because it's Thursday!?"

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

"'I'm Vegan.' What's that cheeseball in your mouth? That's like, way wicked more than just cheese, those are, like, triple cheese! 'I'm Vegan. gently caress Doritos, I'd never eat a Dorito.' I've seen you eat Doritos! 'It's an exception, I always give myself an exception. One...or two.'"

Episode 127, one of the best in my book. You go straight from that to their hilarious bit about the last issue of Playgirl.

"I'm gonna get a Snickers Charged, with the Taurine, some Newports, aaaaaaaannnnnd a Playgirl. Hey, do you have matches? Because then I'm gonna light it all on fire."

Which I believe then launches straight into the crazy story about the nuts woman murdering a guy who claimed to be god and then telling everyone to 'deal with it' and heading to McDonalds for some Nuggets.

I'm pretty sure it's a video clip on the 'tube too.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

jackhunter64 posted:

My favourite video clip is the one with Jonathan talking about cross nursing, and him getting up to hide behind his chair when Seth calls him out about telling the story at a strip club and goes off it about buffalo wings.

Epi 126, bowsch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFtkN2BOQbs

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Just passed the episode 100 mark for the second time. Hahahaha, Seth dedicated 'Simply the Best' by Tina Turner to himself in his high school yearbook.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Mickey Rooney has massive balls.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Oh god I listened to that one on the train the other day and I was laughing so hard, good way to make sure no one sits next to you.

The mental image one part of it conjured of Seth sitting amongst a group of aspiring actors, who are hanging onto Rooney's every word, as Seth glances around; only interested in seeing if anyone else has noticed the size of Rooney's balls is absolutely, utterly hilarious.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

God, I forgot about the ending to 104. Awesome song, awesome ending.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Yeah, definitely send that poo poo in, Jah'll get a major kick out of that.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

David Brain; the mentalist.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I need an episode # and approximate time, tia.

It's an early episode, can't remember where exactly but definitely very early on during the run, I want to say in the twenties to thirties. Try looking up that episode range on Weck's Wiki.

Hearing Seth and Jah talk about Summer Heights High is crazy.

Even crazier is the insanely funny supplements that preceded that one; the Dren one and the one that was a bunch of letters to Seth from Stan Tan and co. congratulating him for letting god into his business.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

DID YOU TAKE TWO? YOU CAN ONLY ADMINISTER ONE A DAY!

Take or administer? Stay or live?

Man, it's so crazy, now that Quantum of Solace is out everyone's doing James Bonds fuckin' catchphrase.

FUGGHEDDABOUTIT!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

RustyTrombone posted:

Eddie Murphy man, he fell off on that one.

Shame on you, Spielberg!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

On a scale of light or dark skin, one to ten?

I would say 'human'.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Oh my god, the musical intro to Episode 166.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

That's just the sexy-dressing daughter he's always going on about.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The same way that Seth knows the Wire is the best show on television ever without having seen a second of it; he knows that the latest Pearl Jam album sucks.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Zeeco posted:

I've been listening back to some of my favorite episodes recently and episode 39 has to be among the best. In particular the part about the male whorehouse featuring Mike Tyson makes me lose it every time.

"Hey, what did you guys do this weekend?"

"We hosed Mike Tyson. By which I mean he made us fight each other. And hosed the winner."

Seth's sheer, utter terror at the concept of having to compete with Mike Tyson for his girlfriend's affections is even funnier.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Biodome posted:

Didn't they call him up to confirm Jah's story about him getting in his parents bed naked on a bad trip or some poo poo.

They called him up just after midnight on the day of his birthday to be the first to wish him a happy birthday too.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Oh god, episode 175.

Human-animal hybrids legislation.

Tigerman.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Straight lampin'.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

"I'm six-two, the gently caress am I boning in!? A hearse!?"

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Yanni Estacado posted:

all the goobatrons and the bumbalores

Christ, the rant that one of these jokes got incorporated into about how a plane getting taken down by a bird is like a Transformer getting taken out by a Roomba was a-mazing.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

It doesn't come up very often, but Jah's insistence on calling things like Game of Thrones 'epic fiction' is really, really funny to me for some reason.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

I always figured it was being it's being either respectful or slightly mocking of Amir. His enthusiasm for sci-fi and fantasy has been mentioned a few times, and how much Seth hates it.

It's specifically brought up the first time he uses it in context with him buying Amir a copy of 'A Game of Thrones' or some poo poo, so yeah, it's pretty clearly that's where it's coming from. I always figured it was just Jah using the phrase that Amir did because Amir knows more about it than he does, but it's still really fun.

So's Seth's utter rage at Amir's genre taste. I think Seth's gone on record as saying that he doesn't get the appeal of science fiction.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The stuff that Pain and Gain is based on started in 1994, so it's probably a bit outside their purview.

EDIT: I would pay billions of dollars to see Seth's facial expression as he watches the footage that Seth's Corner comes from.

The start of Volume 15 in particular.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 30, 2013

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Yeah, the This Year guys do a really good job.

I completely forgot about the Jack Kevorkian mention. Haha.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Epi 203: "You've probably had a few and got behind the wheel of a vehicle..."

"Don't...!"

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

UYD: Two White Roses.

"Did you know that Dan Ackroyd has a younger brother, Peter, who was on the fifth season of Saturday Night Live. Can you imagine how unfunny that guy is?"

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 8, 2013

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Episode 225: Seth talks about using his 'amazing' hacking skills to break his dad out of prison.

Jonathon chimes in; "My cyber-tracking skills were superb."

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

229: Seth calls Jonathon's idea of school running from 10am to 8pm 'the craziest thing I've ever heard'. Hahahah.

"Believe none of what you hear and half of what you read? I say 'believe none of what you hear and don't read."

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Incorrect Username posted:

The Seinfeld one and the rant about that terrible comedian opening act for some tv show (I forget which one) had me in stitches.

It some Fox, or Fox News program his friend worked on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Whoa I am listening to that episode right now, it's ep 65 a little after 30 minutes in. The show was Half Hour News Hour, basically Fox News' answer to the daily show. Seth heard the warm up guy was notoriously terrible, so he made a point to see it. What he describes boggles the mind. His routine could be described as the antithesis of comedy

It cracks me up that Seth went to ask his friend what the guy's deal was, then went back to continue watching it.