Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

yeah, Jogger was good stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l24MRTxgvRE

I remember seeing the video for Nephicide way before I ever heard of UYD, weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Sounds about right

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE0hmDwzXyw

check out the rest of the album too; it's pretty cool

tbh I didn't know it off the top of my head, its just always exciting when soundhound actually loving recognizes a song for me

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

it doesn't feel like genuine uyd if 500th EPISODE CELEBRATION!! isn't ep #496

I'm kinda amazed that they might actually get there, but we'll see

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

When Jonathan went THATS SO GAY I laughed out loud a lil bit

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Uhhh

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Agent York Morgan posted:

What is the outro song of episode 493?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE0hmDwzXyw

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

lmao I just talked to my mom after she got back from vegas and couldn't even explain what was so devastatingly hysterical about ~*criss angel*~

"he was so amazing!! what are you even laughing about stop it"

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

ffs can someone post a link to whatever Chris Hansen message you're all talking about

I'm usually not this bad at finding thigns on the internet :ohdear:

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

for real, I don't really gently caress with facebook so maybe I'm just bad at the internet but I tried to go to this group you're all talking about and the only things that come up for me when I search for uyd are the official page and some "community" thing from 5 years ago that only has 2 posts in turkish? what is this mystery

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

jackhunter64 posted:

What the gently caress is the divorce rant full page advert Seth is going on about, does anyone have a scan of it? I must know more about the Hillcrest Fiasco.

http://www.laobserved.com/archive/2016/05/very_unusual_full_page_ad.php

it's insane

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

there's a term I've heard them use a handful of times to describe feeling a sense of panic from something that sounds sort of like someone rearranged/changed some letters of deja-vu, like a-ja-da or something? I've only ever heard it on uyd and have no idea where it originated or how it's supposed to be spelled

I've always wondered about it so if anyone can fill me in please do

flesh dance fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Sep 9, 2016

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

thanks! :cheers:

e: now that I think about it that's one of those words I've seen written out that people don't often say, so my brain was pronouncing it incorrectly this whole time

flesh dance fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 9, 2016

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

ya, they still have their golden moments, but 100% manic top-volume seth has really begun to grate on me even :/

like to the point where I usually wonder to myself at least once an ep if I'd have stuck around and kept listening if this had been the tone from waaaaay back when I discovered them

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I haven't listened to 540 yet but hey Seth managed to get through 539 without any screaming old man rants about cellphones/celebrity paychecks/internet :toot:

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Wild guess it has to do with Seth always being like "babies being thrown!! babies whipped off of balconies!!" it could be something else though; that particular baby hasn't been sent off on a trajectory

Speaking of-- while I totally know what he's getting at, it's his way of saying people have been stirred into a state of fervor over something crazy & stupid, tbh that particular phrase has never made a modicum of sense to me

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Wait, what ep even was this? I don't remember anything like that. I guess there are 3 possible options

1) I zoned out and missed it (this happens a lot when seth starts yelling-- speaking of, I can't find the post rn but the clip of the cheech & chong rant from 100-something is a prime example of how seth has always freaked out & gone off on things, but used to do it in a way that was chill and funny instead of grating :sigh:)

2) there's an ep I somehow skipped

3) I'm so used to jonathanisms it sailed right past me

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

lmao and his crusade to let hippies take back the rainbow from gay people

"just give us 2 or 3 colors, come on!"

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I wasn't at the show so maybe the vibe there was different but 546 actually felt like a nice return to form for them having a good back & forth, and fairly even mic time, and obvs I'm someone who's been annoyed with seth recently

like I only had to lower the volume on him once, haha

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

:kimchi:

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I don't mind the live shows, they have a lot of energy and are usually pretty funny, unlike a lot of studio eps in recent times imo

The only time I can recall an audience actively bugging me was at the second live show in Raleigh (I think?) where there was a big group of women who were cackling really loudly. They actually were some sort of facebook/internet meetup, jonathan mentioned it briefly

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Haverchuck posted:

I assume most people stayed for both shows and drank throughout so it makes sense the second show was a little rowdier

Yeah for sure, I'm glad everyone was having a good time. It was still an okay ep, I didn't turn it off or anything

I'm halfway through 567; it's super good so far

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

That whole 20+ minute section of "comedy podcast" was dire loving listening

They need to go back to craigshouse or something

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Driver 23. The full thing is on youtube, they posted it in the show notes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdn1TPEB4tw

I haven't watched it tho, so I can't offer any feedback :shobon:

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Live shows are far & beyond more energetic and funny than studio ones nowadays imo. Sure the crowd can be loud sometimes, but whatever, I think they're really good

Like no live show is going to devolve into whatever the gently caress nightmare the last half hour of 581 was

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

:agreed:

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Both of those posts were good constructive criticism & I 100% agree with them; those are the kind of lil things that could really improve the show. Unfortunately it's not the style of criticism the dudes are ever going to hear over loving facebook

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

The only jobs I recall him talking about are letter carrier, video store, weed store

LA has the most aspiring actors per-capita on the planet and seth is such a common name that it'd be a heck of a coincidence

Also that was a pretty great book, it'd probably be a hit for any uyd fan for sure

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

he would definitely consider himself the ultimate #1 all-time American-American, gently caress what anyone else has to say about it

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Seriously, did anyone ever think otherwise? a bunch of internet people are going to have that address now though, so lol

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

my thoughts x1000

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Badly Jester posted:

It's only a really foggy memory, but I think it's mentioned in the first ~100 episodes that Jonathan's dad made it a point that his son will always have a roof over his head and something to it, but that if he wanted more than that, he'd have to work for it. Either I'm misremembering, or John has changed his mind.

a million dollar home isn't going to be bought with a part-time vanity music store job and patreon money alone, this dude has never been broke/paid his own way a day in his life

(sorry, I do love the dudes I'm just kinda bitter about being poor right now argh)

flesh dance fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jul 31, 2017

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

There used to be a fantastic fan-made archive at archive.uhhyeahdu.de but now it just redirects to the official site. I don't know why or how long it's been gone, I just found out yesterday. I was painting some rooms & wanted to get into some delicious throwback episodes while I worked, but it's 2017 & no one can have nice things anymore :sigh:

They want to make the old eps officially available, but god knows when/if that's ever going to happen, it feels like they've been talking about it for years

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Be forewarned, there's a sudden audio glitch in epi 636 at 1:11:15, it scared the everloving poo poo out of me

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I was at the store and saw these weird vegan chips made out of ground peas or something and was instantly taken back to seth raving about the insanely disgusting sounding things called "protes" and then like 2 episodes later he talks about buying them and dumping them straight into the trash in front of the cashier, anyway I've been laughing about it all afternoon, gotta find those eps

lol just sharing some uyd mirth, happy sunday

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

where are people watching these? I went to https://www.instagram.com/jonathanlarroquette/ and nothing's showing up, just his regular photos

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

bunky posted:

I don't know that you can watch live stuff on browsers. I got a notification on my phone. He's still on btw

thanks, I didn't know that, I don't really gently caress with instagram

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

What, they haven't gone off on anyone like that in ages, I loved the callback. 709 was actually pretty hilarious, it had the vibe of one of their old-school eps

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

PosteriorChain posted:

He's also the sweetest most gracious dude ever. He returns EVERY SINGLE CALL left on the voice mail. He has called me back and we've talked about pop culture, sports, politics, the show itself, random poo poo going on in my life, etc.

Always wondered, if you leave a message without giving your number does the service automatically record it or something? I almost called once when they asked for vegan restaurant recommendations on tour (turns out the place had changed location and didn't have the greatest reviews anymore so I didn't) and a surprise Seth might've been the end of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

If you check out live episode 715 (up on patreon a week or so ago) there's a classic-style jonathan fuckup story about what is likely the first and only time he attempted it