Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

As far as I can tell they haven't put up audio-only files for the LA shows. 715 and 716 are up on their patreon in video form; I just converted them to audio since I listen to podcasts while doing other stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I loving lost it at "imagine all the girls in what the letter-writer is probably wearing"

god, the mental image :xd:

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Same except it's every time he talks about refusing to eat anything that gives food flavor

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1tFpsbUdS4

it's Predator Nation

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Hey yall they put up 758 and 759 up as patreon videos a few days ago, I needed to use my email and just happened to notice the messages, posting in case anyone else didn't know about it

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

that entire episode was all-time

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I like witnessing how the particular neuroses of young, drunk Seth evolved into the ones of older, sober Seth

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

holy poo poo that is good :yum:

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

speaking of callbacks I never not laugh when Seth sneaks in a namedrop of King Layda, I love that he's still doing it

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Every time that came up I tried to figure out what a UYD tv show would be, and I can't even imagine. Every possible concept seems weird or bad, in my brain

e: that said, definitely give em six

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Nothing really makes sense other than "just show them doing the show", briefly cut the picture to the relevant video when they're discussing a TV clip or whatever but never interrupt the flow of their dialogue.

True, but I was imagining either scripted poo poo or reality cameras

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

pooch516 posted:

Any good alternative sites to move to? I'm keeping an eye on the GBS threads but will probably not be coming on the forums for long if the whole things end with just trying to sweep this poo poo under the rug (again, apparently?).

Will miss this chill thread and all you fellow American Americans.

Breadnroses seems pretty cozy so far, time will tell where it ends up going tho. It did feel nice to start over somewhere with a new av and username. It's obviously a smaller community so a lot less customized subforums and such, I dunno how many people would hang out and chat about UYD since even here the thread's preeeeeetty slow

C-Euro posted:

I wouldn't have discovered UYD if not for these forums.

probably :same: :patriot:

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I still skip past the intro songs, regardless of how much I like the band

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/UhhYeahDude/status/819688094077054978

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Binowru posted:

Did Jonathan ever say on the show that he works at Future Music or was that the result of internet sleuthing? Cuz I just looked it up and I'm like 10 minutes from there

Yeah, it's come up on the show a handful of times, no creepy internet detective-ing involved

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

n8r posted:

Where are the new EPs? It's been a month.

Was wondering the same, especially since people were talking about the new ep, and found it's up as a video for $5+ patreon subscribers, but isn't available as an audio file or anywhere else. This has happened a few times before and it's annoying af

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Hmm, maybe. I've never kept track of the videos since I prefer listening to the show while I do other stuff. I just remember there were a few times I was wondering where the heck the new ep was, going on their patreon and finding a video that I pulled audio from. Sometimes it took a long time for a legit mp3 version to go up. I'm not subbed to any patreon stuff atm so I guess I'll wait for it to show up

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Almost positive that this is because Jeff does the video upload and Jonathan does the audio upload

lol that tracks

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Only twice a month; they record 2 in one day now

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

Am I going insane or did they do the entire USA Today Snapshots bit (including the story about Jonathan's teacher friend) twice in a row on ep 838? I thought my app glitched out but they said different poo poo the second time.

Yeah, that was super weird, I also felt like my brain glitched for a few minutes

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Beastie posted:

Has Seth updated to that they are “in the book, look us up”

You mean new address/phone number? If I were his girlfriend I would nope out of that so hard lol. It was always kinda wild to me that Seth willingly put his personal info out there, but as we all know he's a pretty unique style of weird (I did send him a happy birthday postcard once, I hope he got it :3:)

inferis posted:

I thought it was just using the adjective and the noun forms.

Also this

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

lol at the thought of seth rolling in there on the reg to order a $15 salad with nothing on it

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

With the olympics in the news I remembered an old podcast segment that talked about the 1936 olympics hosted by "Mr. Hitler" that released a bunch of pigeons that poo poo all over everyone among other things. Can anyone tell me, was that from UYD and if it was does anyone have an idea of the ep number? I remember it being them but I'm not 100%

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Thanks! That was a solid classic ep; I hadn't listened to anything from the back catalog in a long, long time

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Only if I get a free* Perfy, the horribly named soda!

*I followed the link in the UYD show notes out of curiosity and it's :10bux: shipping for the free 3-flavor sampler pack, lol nah

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

GraPar posted:

908: also a great ep

Love the ambient music during the North Hollywood shootout section, that's some UYD Classic poo poo.

Yeah I remember in a few super old episodes a similar thing happened and I assumed Jonathan hosed something up in post. Was that actually intentional? Either way it was distracting and annoyed the gently caress out of me and just kept on going and going lol

Boatswain posted:

Someone please link the video of the shootout, TIA :tipshat:

Sorry if you thought the reply was a video link, I don't have it I'm just bitching :shobon:

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

mweber posted:

I wish people thought of me as a regular guy more often.

Jonathan, 326

I don't know why, but that made me remember the brief period a while back where Jonathan was convinced about how he'd be really good at starting a side job as some kind of life coach where people would pay to have conversations with him and he'd help sort out their decisions or something

LMA to the motherfucking O

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Yeah, it's bad. Did they change it for the video version? Because barely anyone even watches those, I just checked and most of them have well under 1000 views. Like just scrap that whole bullshit and do an occasional special when there's visual aids

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Was pleasantly surprised with no intro songs, I didn't have to fast-forward through anything :unsmigghh:

(jonathan has pretty good taste in music, I'm just impatient)

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

In early eps before I started listening they were sponsored by Summer Heights High and I thought the show sounded terrible by the description, but it has super good review scores even to this day, 8.5/10 on imdb and 75%/83% on rotten tomatoes

No I never ended up watching it and never will

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

What the hell? The video eps ARE all gone. I never noticed b/c I just listen to the show, but that's pretty weird

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I know what ep you're talking about, I almost turned it off at first but whatever they were talking about was funny so I stuck around and got used to it after a spell. Sometimes it doesn't record properly and they have to resort to camera audio, that's the JPL level of quality that everyone p much expects to live with at this point lol

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I haven't had a dive into the archives in a long while, but the old 1-200 or whatever eps are way, way funnier than the current ones by miles (with the occasional gem). Like a bunch of modern episodes seem more like a chat-cast than a comedy show. Life in hellworld getting ever older is rough as gently caress on everyone huh

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I've had my current number for like a decade and still have a difficult time reciting the loving thing, it's an awkward jumbled mess, I wish I could post it, I think it's worse than jonathan's. I should have asked for a different one but it obviously didn't occur to me that it'd be an issue at the time, and now that ship's loooooong sailed

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

GraPar posted:

This Vandon Tricamo story is so wild

That story reminded me of how for the longest time I used to enjoy going to the show notes and clicking links to everything they'd talked about during the episode. Then they started posting them more and more sparsely, and now they don't post them at all

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I was listening to some random super old eps (double digits) and in one of them jonathan is talking about people getting upset about the forum with people being assholes and getting banned and said something to the effect of that possibly being partially his fault because he told everyone he wanted flame wars

oh, the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

:lol: that's hosed up. The more favorable comparison I've always heard was he looks like Jonathan's dad, which is true and kind of funny