Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
UYD is the best. Currently I seem to be obsessed with digging up info about Seth (no actual luck) Jahnathan shares so much that I feel like I need some Seth info. I have heard from somewhere that he works at a dispensary. It's possible this info is on their forums. I am also wondering if he actually has a daughter (like it seems possible but its hard to tell sometimes when he is being sincere). I wish there was a seat-belts bumper sticker.

Has anyone heard the episode of JJgo! where they attempted to guest star on somebody elses podcast? That was one of the most awkward things imaginable (not that I personally don't like JJgo! I just think that those two groups really don't work together well).

As for favorites (Going off of the ones I five stared in I-tunes): 16 (the white man calls her flute playing, wind), 61, 83, 87, and 115.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009

Snood posted:

I really dont think seth has a daughter, the jokes he makes about his "daughter" are typically just referring to a joke made a long time ago about how sexy he wants her to dress.

You just made me realize that if it was revealed that he actually did there would suddenly be a whole lot of creepy dudes creeping all around just given how the internet tends to be.

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
I have heard both video store and marijuana dispensary from different sources. I can't imagine him working at a dispensary though given the sobriety and such, Although he supposedly has a strain named after him.

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
Due to being a bit late I just listened to the episode before the newest one...

I am transgendered.

And my name is Mia.

Welp, time to kill myself. It was a good run. Thanks for all the laughs UYD.

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009

james earl pwns posted:

Does anyone who listens to UYD listen to "Jordan Jesse Go"? UYD is the only podcast I listen to but I tried to listen to Jordan Jesse Go since they guest starred on it, so I figured there must be some overlap, but it was awful.

It was so forced and put-on with their little intro and the one guy's morning radio DJ host voice, and the ironic self-aggrandizement shtick that nerds have totally run into the ground ("Yeah we're kind of a really big deal :smug: Our show is epic win, and the best ever *sly wink and nod*"). Sure enough I saw a picture of them and they look like the two dorkiest goons ever

I guess my question is, are there any other "Comedy Podcasts" that are funny like UYD and less lovely and annoying than JJG

I actually really enjoy JJGO. I try not to mention it here since most people hate it but it just works for me. I think one of the reasons I like it is that I never here them fight with each other and it makes me feel bad when I here friends fight. Same reason I like UYD they only really got into a fight once. JJGO for me is like a great come down show after a really heavy WTF.

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
I had a dream last night that I won a contest to spend the weekend with Jonathan and Seth. I kept trying way to hard to be cool and was constantly afraid I was annoying them. They were super nice but I could tell that I was cramping their style so to speak. After that I was murdered by a police officer in a case of mistaken identity.

Good Dream!

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
I'm not sure if anyone here actually likes Jogger but I loved the first album and would love a second one, I would prefer that it could happen without UYD stopping though.

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
I ruined my chance to ask him a question phone style. Although I don't know if he is in to just answering fans stupid questions. I am working out the music to Biss and I wanted to see if he would tell me what the lyrics are in that modulated voice section. That song loving blew my mind when I heard it, I was all like whoa.

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I drink so much Pepsi Max with Panax. So Much. Thanks to this show.

It took me 6 months at my current job stocking the coolers to realize that that was not the actual title of the drink. I always assumed the label literally said that.

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
Man can I just like get a thing off my chest to some people who will at least get what I am talking about? No one even needs to respond to this I just need to let it out. I was reading all that stuff earlier in here about Jonathan and Seth saying slightly ignorant stuff occasionally and I totally was understanding of a lot of peoples points that basically were "These are funny people from LA of course they are going to occasionally say some stupid poo poo or be ignorant about something". I settled in the next night to episode 327 trying to relax before bed and Jonathan starts in with saying "tranny" and it really just ruined my whole night after that.

I realize that as a transwoman I'm not exactly an unbiased listener here but it just really sucked to here that kind of thing coming from someone who I at least respect even if I don't know him personally. I know this is way too serious and I promise I am not going to send an essay to anyone or do some other crazy poo poo I just wanted to type it out really.

Anyway have a nice night everyone.

Behold! A Elk! fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jul 1, 2012

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
Yeah, I mean I'm not going to stop listening or anything. You made me realize that looking back, I actually don't agree with most of the things he says, it's just funny, and probably because this one thing he said something to do with me (in a very unrelated way) it removed me from the kind of mindset that I usually enjoy the show in.

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
Actually some of my favorite parts of the show lately have been Jonathan trying to explain some sort of science thing. I think there was an episode recently where he admitted that he tries really hard to sound smart and comes off sounding like a miss america contestant.

And nemoulette: I wasn't trying to freak out or show everyone how offended I was. I just wanted to say it in front of a group of people who would at least be familiar with what I was talking about. I got it off my chest, and now I am fine. You know when something bothered you and it just feels good to talk about it and that's the extent to which you are worrying about it? It's like that.

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
Dammit I am away and I can't download anything onto my grandma's computer without her thinking it's a virus! Olds am I right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009

TACD posted:

If you can't conceal downloads from your grandma then I think it is you who is old, sir.

You have called me out on my bullshit and now I must defend my honour by putting viruses on my grandma's computer for the sake of laughter.

Still, I thank you.