Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

I miss when they used to read song lyrics on the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg464ajYISs

gently caress, I was thinking about this clip literally yesterday.

E: Jah is right, "she comes from Georgia where the peaches grow / they drink lemonade and speak real slow" is a great line.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jul 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Jah is the rare Loud Dumb Guy who can sometimes realize that he's dumb. Which is a much preferable version than a lot of Loud Dumb Guys influencing the world today.

Binowru posted:

drat, was hoping for an LA show but oh well

Wild that the show isn't in LA but I assume that they just couldn't find a venue at the right time. Oh well, I'm much closer to NYC so what am I complaining about?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I would 100% sign up for this therapeutic listening service that gets discussed in 996, though as a speaker or a listener I can't decide.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I was thinking about that the other day when "Joe the Plumber" died, the Schneer and Latern bit came out of riffing on him iirc.

https://youtu.be/TJsUnxM6xvo?si=77m6NmErHfrDL1zm

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Seth: "Nooooooope!"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Rapidly Going Deaf > UYD: I got you where I want you

happy 1000 boys :buddy:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Something I've been wondering for a while and was reminded of in 1002 (gently caress that number feels crazy to type out): is "wop" a slur?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
lol OK thanks, I'll refrain from using it in my pretty Italian neighborhood.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Listening to 1007 and loving that Jonathan was a self-proclaimed rasta for years if not decades, and still doesn't understand why rich people don't just spend all of their money solving society's problems. In conclusion,

mweber posted:

Jonathan is gd treasure.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Dunno if Jah is the smartest dumb guy but he's definitely the most self-aware, though fortunately that's not enough to stop him from being dumb

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Happy birthday Ms. Aniston.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

emptyrave posted:

I've been thinking about this topic a lot too lately: is the UYD run of 1-150/200 the greatest comedy podcast ever? I'll see comments in places like "cumtown/MSSP is the greatest comedy podcast in existence". I never reply but I think "What? No?? UYD easily was without question".

But I've never really listened to comedy podcasts that much. Just UYD, Comedy Bang Bang back in the day, Bodega Boys, Cumtown and MSSP. I feel really defensive when I see comments like that lol, but I might be wrong and you guys know about a podcast that was on the level of early UYD.

EDIT: I stop it at ~200 because i remember around the 200s/year 2009 they got kinda angry and negative. But they eventually stopped that, and they never stopped being insanely funny with their own voice. imo you could choose a random episode from even the 500-700s and it'd make me giggle more than most things.

Humor is incredibly subjective, and the boys have never really promoted themselves beyond word of mouth, for better or worse (and intentionally or not, JONATHAN). I've tried and failed for years to get other people to listen to this show, including one person who I've known for 5+ years calling it "your one recommendation that I just can't get behind". Feels bad man because I agree, it's a riot.

I'll give the boys this: the show has aged a lot better than most humor I've encountered in the last 15-20 years.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My wife is watching something called Damsel on Netflix right now, and this movie has strong Hollywood Blacklist energy.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

causticBeet posted:

The Craigslist bits are still some of the funniest poo poo to ever come out of podcasting and feel like they were incredibly ahead of their time for that sort of stuff

Jah has a better understanding of the internet in this clip than many much more important people have today. From 2007!
https://youtu.be/sWsnaLIln1c?si=tkhScev7wWPGNUkR

Binowru posted:

I know that's the new movie with Millie Bobby Brown, but there was another movie called Damsel that came out like 6 or 7 years ago with Rob Pattinson that was actually pretty good

Picturing Seth being restrained and forced to watch the newer movie, then gnawing through his restraints like an animal when the slow cover of Ring of Fire drops.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Howling at this discussion in 1017 about the sexual assault lawsuit against the high school athletic trainer, and Jah casually discussing how he's been on both sides of that kind of relationship

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
This bit in 1020 about anti-vaxx pet owners has me in a rare emotional state of "are you loving kidding me?" and "it took until 2024 for this to happen?"

Your dog licks its own balls and eat its own vomit, a little autism ain't gonna hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
One of my favorite Seth quirks is that he's a vegan who hates hunting, not because it involves harming animals but because he thinks modern hunters are lazy.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 6, 2024