Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I've decided to take the plunge and listen to the entire UYD backlog, wish me luck.
Someone was asking about it and while I can't find their original post, I just heard the story about the Asian orphan phone store guy :lol: :smith: It's in episode 12, about halfway through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Yeah I'm just getting into the poetry in my backlog odyssey. "UYD: It's what the white man calls wind" :stare: :laffo:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

C-Euro posted:

I just realized we need to pay the guy(s) at This Year Collection to do highlight reels for UYD.

Ask and ye shall receive. Too bad I have a huge podcast backlog already so I can't listen to it right away.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

GraPar posted:

There's a few mentions in the episodes after they stopped doing them - basically it sounds like they didn't particularly enjoy doing them and felt like having all the extra people, cameras etc. took something away from the podcast (although actually, by 'they', it's suggested that Seth was more against it than Jonathan)

Which is funny because those episodes (the 120s) are all really good. Ah well.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

im a girl btw posted:

To Catch a Predator should come back with Seth taking the place of Chris Hansen.

Speaking of which, Seth goes on a 10-minute rant against peds (pronounced "peeds") at the beginning of episode 35 and it's masterful. I also wish I could work the phrase "boner rage" into daily conversation.

E: Guns and/or Roses in one of the episodes right after that slew me :laffo:

E: Pubic Maintenance for Hepatitis C Retards. That's a crazy title for your book.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 29, 2013

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Damo posted:

There isn't a ton of continuity or anything, it's mostly just about their personalities and how they interact. But there is a decent amount of references that seem to get built up on over time, so basically just start from episode 1 so when you hear Seth or Jonathan go "Tweeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiins" you know what they are talking about.

I was so happy to finally hear the origin of Jeff, Seth's adopted black grandson (episode 41 I think)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

niethan posted:

Had they already mentioned the sandwich generation before this ep?

I've definitely heard of it somewhere before this episode, I think it even may have been with them.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
"Hey rear end in a top hat, Tina Turner--she's not on tour, I don't think"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Speaking of which, full-on panny: they talk about Craigslist in episode 60 around 23 minutes in, which I had never heard before. Update your records accordingly.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Oh jeez, if you haven't heard Seth's story about the anti-psychiatry museum in episode 61 (19-20 minutes in) you need to listen to it. That sounds like the absolute worst place for Seth to visit, gently caress man.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The outro music to episode 75 :laffo: (you have to listen to the whole episode to get it)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Damo posted:

Another funny moment in episode 83 I think was how 2 fans wrote in talking about how they hate Seth's "1 fake horse name 1 real horse name" game. Now, gently caress them for thinking that segment is not funny, and I really hope it doesn't deter them from doing it in further episodes. However the spoof version of Seth's game they wrote to mock them was pretty drat funny. I agree with Seth, it's funny and only right that they get a little taste of their own medicine from time to time.

The only reoccurring segment that I don't like is Hip-Hop/Country Song of the Week. Every hip-hop song they read sounds the exact same and every country song they read sounds the exact same but maybe that's the point? I'll admit though, going through the older episodes it's funny to hear them read a song that actually went on to make a ton of money, doubly so if they poo poo on it in that episode.

This is 100x funnier due to Seth being there :laffo: Any idea who the lady is?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Binowru posted:

What I came to realize about hip hop/country song of the week is that, the premise presents these two genres like they're complete opposites, but when you stop and examine the lyrics, they have a lot in common. They're both about projecting a hyper-masculine image, getting girls, and doing drugs. Rappers are obsessed with lambos, country singers like pick-up trucks. Rappers drink lean, country singers drink moonshine. Etc etc.

Yeah, I picked up on that at some point too, but I guess the joke is just starting to get old on me. Koby Teith will never not be funny though.

E: Gotta buy Johnathan or Seth an account here with the username "Koby Teith"

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 11, 2013

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Just be a crazy person like me and download every single episode and save the actual .mp3 files.

Nearly 20 GB of UYD :shepface:

VV I'm not using any sort of podcast auto-downloader like iTunes so maybe? Also I have the folder on my laptop and a copy of said folder on an external drive. So it's like double-dickUYD.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 12, 2013

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Since it hasn't been mentioned for a little while, here's the UYD intro/outro playlist on Grooveshark, made by fresh-rear end goon cervixalot. Thanks again for making this, were you still working on it? I know the older episodes don't mention the names of these tracks in the shownotes.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

goldblums eyes posted:

One thing I have to say is that if you really enjoy the suace, and haven't made a blackout call to their voicemail vehemently explaining to Seth that he is your intimate God slash Long Lost Lover, you are ignoring your true inner emotions.

I'm going to call them to thank them for keeping me sane while I go through the process of dropping out of grad school and finding a job :unsmith: But not until I've actually done all of that successfully. I put the voicemail number in my phone already though.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

jackhunter64 posted:

I completely lost it at Seth's reaction to Jonathan admitting doing poppers in a club.

Listened to a good Seth reaction towards Jah recently (somewhere in the 80s? Or one of the latest episodes)- Seth reads a story about a Coke delivery guy and Pepsi delivery guy getting into a fistfight at a Wal-Mart loading dock, and Seth ask Jah who beat up who. Jah thinks for a second and, cool as ice, says "Pepsi beat up Coke" and Seth loses it because he got it right. His logic was great too (Pepsi is the "little brother" of the two so it has more of an ax to grind).

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

CaptainJuan posted:

http://theorientaltheater.com/event/134336 lucky loving denver goons gently caress

Just came here to post that, I'd love to go see them live but I'm not a Denver goon :(

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
"What does ATM stand for?"
"I can't tell you, my mother listens to this show. Oh wait, that kind of ATM"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Who would you rather be- Ice Cube, Snoop, or Ice T? By the way you only get their acting careers.

(from ep. 95)

(the correct answer is Ice T, don't even bother trying to argue otherwise)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I just listened to an episode where Johnathan comes right out and says "I was listening to old UYD episodes and I sound like a loving ignorant rear end in a top hat, and I'm sorry". Around episode 100 I think?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

well why not posted:

Seth's voice generally changes tone slightly when he's being facetious. It's kind of subtle, but he also changes phrasing and asks pseudo-rhetorical questions when he's lying - it kind of sounds like his old 'is it pedo-phile, or is it peeedo-phile' from the TCAP days.

Ever since listening to this podcast I started saying "peedophile". Not sure why.

Dr. Witherbone posted:

Well, a Vegan who makes Tuesday exceptions.

or was it wednesday exceptions I don't follow the podcast closely enough to just know offhand

It's a Thursday exception, I always give myself one!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Speaking of Rooneys, I'm listening to Seth's story about Mickey Rooney's balls in 102 (a little over halfway in) as I see these posts.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I do a lot of "are you?" and "is it?" after people tell me things if I/they aren't sure about it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Actually now that others mention it, I use "boner rage" and "bone down" a lot these days. Mostly just with my GF, who I've introduced to UYD but who will never understand it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

niethan posted:

God Seth looks old as poo poo

I think that's just the way the light's hitting his hair. You can kind of see it on the other two guys but it's more obvious with Seth since his hair's slicked back.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I would definitely start paying for UYD once I start my new job, even if I just subscribe to it for $1 an episode or something. Maybe I'll pick up some UYD merch if they actually are revamping that/the site as they said.

Also they acknowledged the whole "Johnathan started the show as a sober vegetarian, now Seth drained that from him" :lol: That was a good interview all around.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

im a girl btw posted:

I was never sure if he really worked at a dispensary but there you go.

After that got confirmed, Horse-Weed-Mind's Eye suddenly made a ton more sense.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Getting back to my backlog journey, and at the end of episode 107 Seth says "I wish we could do this show forever" :3:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Anyone having trouble downloading Episode 370? Its entry on my Feedly feed has no download link and I can't access their RSS feed directly since Feedly overrides it.

E:

dvorak posted:

I had that Earth Day discussion the guys were having a few weeks ago on my mind, and needed to hear the story about that guy who founded it.

Check this out: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42711922/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/earth-day-co-founder-killed-composted-girlfriend#.UX-nbrV4B8F

You want to talk about people loving cloaking it, here's subject #1.

Gotta hang onto this for next Earth Day.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 30, 2013

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
It's 2006 for life on the This Year Collection :getin:
(Episodes 1-45)

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 1, 2013

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
What happened to your P's and Q's dog?!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Who had the page with all the clips of Johnathan singing? Nevermind, it's on their website :downs:

E: You look like a Spanish king.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 9, 2013

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Speaking of UYD graphics, they put up a shot on their Facebook page of some UYD shirts that'll be available in Denver-

Jealous.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
You're in luck, it's on Youtube.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 15, 2013

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Greggy posted:

Personally I thought this episode was great. Hearing about Seth showing up to the barber an hour and a half early cracked me up. I hope it is true, it is wonderful to think that Seth is out there in the world living like that.

Reminds me of when I showed up 45 minutes early for a job interview last month because I overestimated my commute time. It ended up being awkward mostly because I spent more time waiting for the interview than in the interview itself :v: I'm sure that's the case with Seth and his haircuts as well.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Came across this auto-generated UYD playlist on Youtube, seems pretty thorough for something that was automatically put together.

VV Wasn't someone in this thread joking about a UYD station in GTA 5? It would probably work better in the Saints' Row world, to be honest.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 31, 2013

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Is saying "late" (as opposed to "later") a Seth thing or an LA thing? I'm trying to spread it here but no one has any idea what I'm saying when I use it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

dvorak posted:

As he ages, he really does look more and more like Jonathan's dad. It's almost uncanny.

On their final episode (which should never happen) I hope they come out and say that Seth was actually Johnathan all these years and Johnathan was actually Seth.

Think about it man...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Did Johnathan stop by a 1920's prison to pick up that shirt on his way to Denver? :v: