Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Trying to find a bit I know Seth does sometimes but I really can't remember when. It will be when he acts like someone died and has a specific tone where he says "Oh, they... they passed."

I'm not sure why but it's invaded my lexicon and I need to find it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Can anybody help downloading the archived episodes? I'm a Patreon backer and have the archives page but really don't want to save those .mp3 links one by one. I searched through the thread and saw the old RSS feed mentioned, or making a new .rss file, but can't really parse what to actually do.

Holla back for a dope pod.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
I keep thinking of a bit and I'm hoping someone can help me find it. They were talking about a bunch of movies (could have been a blacklist segment?) and Seth naturally kept getting more angry about any movies with supernatural elements. Until he broke into song!

He goes into some weird singing and the part I remember clearly is: "Monsters and al-i-ens don't exist."
Maybe zombies and aliens.

I need this. Please, thread.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Human Tornada posted:

Episode 404, that particular segment is on YouTube.

Infinite thanks. Very good blacklist rundown as always with this amazing musical interlude.
Here's the exact point for posterity: https://youtube.com/watch?v=n1TIUwfsfMA&t=2m49s

And the lyrics if you want to sing along at home

Sethro Matelli posted:

Extinction, by Spencer Cohen. A man must do everything he can to save his family from an alien invaaaaaasssioon!
Not a thing, not a thing
Zombies and al-i-ens don't exist
[Jonathan chortle]
They don't ex-ii-iist
Stop talking, writing, watching
And living them
They don't exist
They're not real
gently caress Bigfoot

Bear Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jan 3, 2020

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Got a request for the Goon UYD Brain Trust. A friend of mine keeps referencing a bit where Seth was doing his weird conservative voice, where they're getting mad at a sports game and included an incredibly delivered line: "What about me? And my peanuts!?"

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Remembered I had an old Python script that scrapes the UYD Vault page into an RSS file, so I dusted it off and polished it up and here it is. You'll need to know how to install Python dependencies (listed at the top) and run a command-line script. Many podcast apps will let you import an RSS file stored locally on your device; the script will also give you instructions for uploading the RSS file to Dropbox and getting a link that will work in your app.

This merely automates the process of copy-pasting the Vault links into an RSS file builder; if they ever move or gate the MP3 files themselves your feed won't work anymore. It requires valid credentials to the Vault; please take care to follow the instructions about not making the feed public.

Hey I seem to have this working, thanks a bunch!

Bear Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 12:43 on May 17, 2020

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Anyone recall a Seth rant doing his herda-hadda voice about people who are mad about peanut allergies? Someone i know swears he goes "What about me? And my peanuts!?"

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
There's a restaurant I drive by often called Leda's and I think of King Leyda every time.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
SIMON LE BON

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
FROM DURAN DURAN

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Oh so you don't want the money!

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
I really miss when it would start with music, then get quieter in the background when their voices started, then the rest of the song would play quietly. Thought it was a nice transition.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
How normal I thought Seth was decreased proportionally as I found out how much TV he watches.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Really we need to institute a system like Japan, where they can each be deemed a Living National Treasure to be cherished and protected.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Oh yeah, he doesn't talk. That's his thing. He writes the order down.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

JethroMcB posted:

"Yo, you got that Boom Nail? Where's that Dynamite Pencil?"

(Remember: Blunts sometimes contain crack cocaine.)

Sssssmokin' that Prius, son!

Someone's got a Bento Box!

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
I still need to hear my friends recollection of Seth doing a "herdehadda" rant and said, in character, "What about me!? And my peanuts!!??" I think in reference to restrictions based on peanut allergies.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Went looking for UYD talking about Andrew Dice Clay (don't know why) and in episode 811 there's the Coca-Cola executive talking about how she gives her family a different sugary drink for each meal of the day.

e: And the guy who can't stop busting into the lipstick glass

I keep thinking about being in that family. So incredibly unsettling. Have a gold peak iced tea or a diet coke? How about have a full pannie at the breakfast table?

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
I still never got a good answer on whether it's DEF-ecate or DEEF-ecate

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
I just watched Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome for the first time, to cap off watching the first 2.
I'm pretty sure I was inspired to finally watch the series by Jonathan randomly singing the Tina Turner song from the movie, as far as I remember for no real reason at all.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Why he faved my friends tweet is a mystery he took to his grave. RIPs.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
You put Jonathan, Mike Madsen, and Sizemore in a jail cell... who cums out alive?

The jail cell fight hypothetical is one of my most missed running bits.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
One that's dug deep into my psyche is Jonathan's impression of an old timey switchboard operator. I feel like he did it even before they talked about Marcia having the job.

"Nnnnow connecting you to Saaaaint Loius!"

Super cheesy transatlantic accent.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
This is a huge longshot, but does anyone remember Jonathan briefly mentioning DotA on an episode? They were talking about esports and he said it in such a unique and bizarre way but I have zero idea where in the run it is.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Wow, thanks a bunch!

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

mcvey posted:

8888422357 calling st. louie

Now patching you through to ssssssssaint loius!!

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
I got someone to try listening to UYD and he started with one where it was just a full song at the start, he gave up on it until I told him to skip ahead a bit.

I miss when the music would play in the background for a while under the pod.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
If they did that again I'd buy it in a heartbeat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Heh, yeah that guy. Yeah he doesn't talk.