Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

This document is riddled with felon's claws!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

I love how after almost 17 years of doing the show Jah still has to repeat a word 8 times because he can't figure out how to pronounce it.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Boatswain posted:

The whole of 965 was kind of weedy, especially the long diversion on embryos. Peak Jah.

Listening now, even Seth seems sort of spaced out lmao

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

I have to sign a sympathy card for a coworker, I'm searching for what to say and what is my first thought? "Oh, I should check CardsWishes Dot Com."

"Find the eternal peace" during this "crisis period." Absolutely perfect. No notes. Thanks CardsWishes Dot Com.

lol

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

C-Euro posted:

I got whiplash from Jonathan giving a very on-point rant about conservative comedy and comedians in our present age, and then less than five minutes later saying that you should be allowed to bring a gun on an airplane.

Also watching Roseanne Barr's comedy special at 2 AM on a laptop is some truly depraved poo poo. Seth might have given up drugs but he never gave up the associated habits.

I think you should be allowed to be strapped on an airplane, and that everyone should have free healthcare.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Offler posted:

On a relisten of all the episodes a few years ago, I noticed something Jonathan does all the time when speaking that gets super frequent when he gets into out-there hippy poo poo. He starts going "it's like you were saying" a lot, even though Seth usually has said nothing like what follows after. Once I started noticing this it becomes impossible to not hear a bunch, especially if he gets into some cosmic poo poo. So after reading this you are all cursed to keep noticing this as well.

I just assumed it's stuff they talked about off mic.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

"No man it, it's cool man, it's just cool, find your center... Find your suicide note, find it in my back pocket!"

Kevin DuBrow posted:

False etymology moment in 867 where Jonathan claims that skoal comes from skull, which Scandinavians would drink out of and clink together to toast.

We definitely say "Skål!" when we toast here in Sweden, so there's some truth to it (but "skål" translates to "bowl").

Cached Money fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 7, 2023

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

STAY IN YER LANE VAGAN

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Oh yeah lmao sorry for the panny

i realized that was what you were talking about, tried calling the voicemail and didn't even get through? might be because i'm calling internationally but idk

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

mistermojo posted:

no more intro songs? maybe they realized starting the podcast with a four minute deep cut isn't the best way to grow an audience but I'll miss them

My guess is that it's some copyright/licensing thing.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

forgot about this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDNlj1tKleM

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

Britney Spears 2002 Film ‘Crossroads’ Returning to Theaters for Global Fan Event

I hope this means Seth is about to see some real mailbox money. Like, two meals at SweetGreen money. PAPER CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE

it would be very funny if he just got the same amount as when it runs on late night cable in poland or whatever

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

1007, anybody know the album Jonathan "got duped" by (like it was billed as something old, previously lost, rediscovered, but was actually not)?

Hasn't he talked about this before? I have a vague memory about it.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

1007, anybody know the album Jonathan "got duped" by (like it was billed as something old, previously lost, rediscovered, but was actually not)?

I pondered this question some more, could it be some deadhead Jerry Garcia bullshit?

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I can’t find the post that says ‘ugh I love Jonathan’ but I love Jonathan

he's the smartest dumb guy

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

n8r posted:

Jah is a great storyteller, and he seems to have an endless supply. Remember when he told the top gun flight suit story and that was something like 500 episodes in. If I had a top gun flight suit everyone I meet would know within the first five minutes.

Yeah absolutely. He's probably got more in store for years to come.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Jahnathan strikes again

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

SO SHADY Is there a zero star rating ?? JIVE !!!!

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Early UYD request:

They're talking about this commercial and how the original band came to sing for the commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFjctVBg6K8

Jonathan does a passionate impression

No idea but it made me think of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdcVRueT2cw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Boatswain posted:

Just re-listening to an old episode, about 5 minutes in Jonathan discusses his father's theory (!?) that interracial families should be encouraged to create a "khaki people" with better genetic resistance to diseases (I'm dead).

hold on, let him cook