Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

Factory posted:

The bummer part is that in this Seattle episode you miss in the audio the fact that when they start Jonathan says 'this is too much' in reference to a plastic mouse in a bag someone threw on stage that he was holding. Then later when there is squeaking it's Seth squeezing the mouse in the bag on stage and looking at Jonathan.

Wow that is downright evil/hilarious. Haven't heard the episode yet, does his reaction come across in the audio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
Johnatan's voice seems to be still wrecked. It's specially noticeable since I'm going back and forth between new and old eps.

Anyone know of a rss feed for the old eps? I used the one on archive.org, but now it craps out for pre 160 eps. I know there is a torrent around but my uni internet doesn't seem to like that. And the uhhyeahdu.de site doesn't seem to work like an rss.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

Get Innocuous! posted:

Seth was too hosed up at a McDonald's to stop a probable child kidnapper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UoR1dUm9dE

Wait, I thought only episode 100 was recorded? Where can I find more of these video recordings? Never gonna get to see the guys live since they will never leave the US/Canada to do a live show, except maybe if Jah is in Spain and Seth skypedoodles in. Are therr any recordings of the live shows?

Reminds me, I recently listened to an episode where Johnathan says he hates people calling him nicknames of his main name, which was strange since Seth does it all the time.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
I've been trying to watch Seth's clips. I feel like I need an expert's analysis on them because, what the gently caress am I watching? It's like the stories in the podcast, but in visual form and without the guys filtering them for you.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
I don't get it, a lot of UYD is cringe humour. Like, have we forgotten about all the craigslist stuff? One of my favourite clips is from the filmed episodes on who's parenting harder, where at the end Seth tells the story of seeing a creepo and a little african american kid at mcdonalds but he was too coked out to do something about it. I've tried to get people into UYD with it and they are always horrified lol.

Johnathan says dumb stuff all the time, it's what he does. Can't count the times he has called someone or something retarded or human being or doubted vaccines.

FWIW, I found the chinese segment hilarious in a "I can't believe he is saying this" sort of way. Seth shut it down right quick too, which adds to it.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
They referenced it indirectly a lot. Reminder that the show started during the last period of the Bush presidency but I doubt they ever mentioned him much.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
I've sort of been wondering if Seth isn't back on the white horse/insert bad drugs euphemism here (exploso straws? Don't remember how that hilarious visit to the drug museum goes). Would explain why he is so manic lately. Maybe we need another sobriety rant to dispel those fears :allears:

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

Seltzer posted:

Seth's review of Scientology sponsored parades is one of my favorite ongoing UYD bits.

Has this happened before? Holy poo poo I need some references here.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
I'm pretty sure they've repeatedly said they would never do that sort of exclusive paid content. Like it's part of their whole schtick as grandpas of podcasting.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

Binowru posted:

Are you thinking of the Twilight Zone movie?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_Zone_accident

e: oh holy poo poo

Yeah Johnathan mentions it in an episode, I think in the early ones.

Btw, anyone have a picture of that rat tshirt? I have to see that.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
Holy gently caress I had never seen that. How old was Seth in there? You can definitely see the inklings of a UYD Seth rant already, but way angrier. The way he says Jamba Juice could have been taken from any random episode of the podcast. I wonder if those were the times he was on heavy drugs...

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

I've been listening to old eps and that is definitely an outro song in an episode.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

Biodome posted:

Just got to episode 89 and listened to the fight. I’m surprised it hasn’t happened again during the entirety of the show. That wasn’t as bad as I remember it, though, except for Jonathan threatening to quit the show.

You do know what else happened during that ep right? If not you are in for a treat. Anyone remember when the CO poisoning reveal happens? It's like 50+ eps later.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
Does somebody have a link to Seth's celebrity name game rant edited over the relevant clips of the show? I think it was about the fireman dude, and it was posted a while ago on the show's Facebook page.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
Somebody please gift Jah a copy of Stardew Valley for his Switch, so he can live out the farmer life finally.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
The live shows are now only for patreon subscribers right? Took me a while to realize/remember those had disappeared, they should really mention it when they talk about the patreon. How does it work once you subscribe to patreon, can you add the live shows feed to any podcast app?

I wish they would video tape the live shows every so often. The few clips that exist out there are golden.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
Perosnally I find it somewhat annoying needing two feeds. Live shows are so infrequent and you can just skip them if you don't like them... If you are doing it to add content to the patreon then go ahead. I just subscribed for that exact reason. Kind of surprised there are only 6 live eps on the feed, was expecting many more.

E: Wait maybe I'm doing this wrong? I have only six live eps and Jah's mix, but the last live show was in november of last year. Would have expected some from this year already?

Markovnikov fucked around with this message at 10:47 on May 13, 2018

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

inferis posted:

Does your podcast app have smart playlists? I have one that’s just the regular and premium episodes merged chronologically and it automatically updates like normal. I sort of assumed anyone paying money for podcasts probably has one of the more advanced clients.

Haven't checked to be honest, hah, but probably. It's not that big of a problem either way. Thanks for the tip!

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
The boys really miscalculatid the gap to the 1000th ep. Or they are taking some nice vacations. Either way I'm jonesing here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

zenguitarman posted:

Huh? Did I hallucinate getting a Spotify notification that episode 1000 was out, downloaded it, and now it's not there anymore?

I have part 2 in my feed, with an upload time of 3 hours ago. I guess part 1 got Jonathan'd :v:

Also there was a massive upload of video eps to the Youtube channel a week or so ago, like 20-40 all together.