Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Biodome posted:

Didn't they call him up to confirm Jah's story about him getting in his parents bed naked on a bad trip or some poo poo.

Yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Episode 130

I really think the 100s were my favorite.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Yeah Jah was drawn way to fat.

Edit: It's still awesome though.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Song For The Deaf posted:

Seth not liking Breaking Bad is the only thing about UYD that doesn't sit right with me.

Me too. It really kind of pissed me off when he said he watched the pilot and it sucked.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

I'd like to thank Seth for bringing "laughing and slapping" to my vocabulary.

Yup, it's perfect. Anytime I see anyone flirting or even two dudes broing out, I call it "laughing and slapping."

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

I don't know where it started, or even if it started on the show, but it's definitely wink wink. They say it after things that could be taken as sexually suggestive.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Even with the mic issues this was a good ep. The Playboy Advisor killed me.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

loving awesome sober rant this ep. I was laughing my rear end off driving.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Binowru posted:

It's really heartening to know they haven't let their (internet) fame go to their heads. When I went to the Largo show and asked them for photos, they were incredibly friendly.

Is it really that internet popular? I mean I know the show gets a lot of downloads, but I don't think near enough that it could be going to their heads.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Yeah, I guess so. I always just picture them as people who had much bigger things in mind, a guy who drove cross country to LA and the son of a celebrity, so I would think that would keep them more grounded than most people.

I mean they even joke about it on the show. But yeah I agree it would completely go to my head.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Anyone know about how many regular listeners they have?

Someone told me earlier in the thread it was about 50,000 downloads an ep.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

I really wish I could pick up some of this new merch but I'm broke as a joke right now. Worst part is I know everything I want will be sold out for the foreseeable future. That's ok UYD, I'll catch you next time.

Has the awesome UYD bumper sticker been discontinued? That's the one I'd really love to have.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

CortezFantastic posted:

edit: is 50k downloads a week a lot? I figured they weren't doing great podcast numbers because they haven't done ads in years.

Ohh yeah I forgot, didn't they advertise Entourage once or twice? I wonder what happened with that. What's funny is a long time later I remember them talking poo poo about the show.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

The Quake posted:

It's funny that Johnathan doesn't like being called Jah or John. I'm the opposite, people have often tried to call me Johnathan but I'm like hey dude, My name is John (Which is NOT the short form of Johnathan by the way, wiki it assholes).

I thought it was weird that he brought it up now, at episode 315. I wonder what put him over the edge.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

I usually give the song like 30 seconds to see if it's something I might like and then fast forward if it's not. I'm not going to sit through 2-3 minutes of a annoying hip hop song.

Johnathan's hip hop taste is pretty drat good in my opinion.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Jeff Wiiver posted:

I'm not sure they ever released it... I distinctly remember them talking about it but can't picture her in my head.

No I don't think they ever did either.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Where's the new epi? I'm fiendin.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

The backlog is just as good if not better than the new episodes. If you like this show at all it's really a worthwhile thing to do.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Al! posted:

It's probably less that than his untreated addiction and lack of means due to not really having his poo poo together is completely loving his poo poo up at this point in his life. He'll probably pull out of it sooner or later.

Untreated addiction?

And yeah I agree about him getting tired of it. There have been a couple episodes the last few months where he has seemed really over it, and they make jokes about it a lot, but you can tell there's some tension there too. It's really weird, I don't like it.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

mcvey posted:

Jonathan's got the best taste in music, if he set up a radio station it's all I'd listen to.

I've thought about making a Spotify playlist made only of UYD intro/outro songs. I'm too lazy though.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Seth was right...

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

HipGnosis posted:

I also assumed that Johnathan was baked some of the time which is why he doesn't always have control over his words all the time.

Yeah I think he's stoned a lot more than he lets on.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

mcvey posted:

Why can't we like them for their flaws?

I definitely don't have a problem with anyone being stoned all the time.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Binowru posted:

I know they've done baby names multiple times. Episode 270 sounds like it could possibly be the one your looking for. (Walter is one of the names)

I'm pretty sure this is the first episode I ever listened to and the baby names segment is what hooked me for good.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

This was my favorite episode in a looong rear end time. I've been missing the "people do crazy poo poo" type segments and this was one whole hour devoted to it.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

I loved the segment in the last episode about how half of Americans will die with almost no money. Sleep tight!

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Binowru posted:

More postcards from Korean students in the latest ep. So dope.

I learn English because I earn the money.

edit: hahaha the post above mine, gently caress.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

I'd like one for the Who's _____ing Harder segments. Probably my favorite segment of the show.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

God Jonathan's eyes are loving creepy.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Just listen to it from start to finish man. You will not be sorry.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Where can I find this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbgVFy41reM

One of the best.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Catching up on the last three episodes today. They're amazing.

I love Seth sobriety rants.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Holy poo poo a Marc Maron with UYD. That's going to be loving amazing.

It'll be weird though, because Marc's thing is to dig into funny people's backstories, and we all know Seth doesn't talk about his life. It's gonna be interesting.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Yeah, I can't loving wait for a UYD/WTF crossover. I listen to WTF every once in a while when there's someone I like on there, and it's always really insightful so it should be interesting no matter what.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Zohn posted:

Sethrow and Jah on WTF is already tied with Jeff Green and Shawn Elliot on Idle Thumbs as my most favorite podcast mashup episode.

Holy poo poo when were they on Idle Thumbs?

edit: of course new page. Sorry it's off topic.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Marvin_Gardens posted:

Seth: How did _you_ lose your virginity?
Jonathan: Me?
Seth: I know how you lost it; it's loving romantic.
Jonathan: I guess you could paint it like that-
Seth: Oh _please_ somebody paint that. I don't ask for anything

I remember this but what ep is it from? Didn't he have sex when he was like 12 on a beach?

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Yeah, sobriety rants might be my favorite thing on the show. They usually have me laughing hysterically. My favorite is the one where Jonathan does the story about the study where people who drink usually live longer than sober people. I can't remember what ep it's in but it's glorious.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

I would totally subscribe to UYD.

Also I always think it's super endearing how shy Seth is when he's not just doing the regular show.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Hadn't gotten a chance to listen to anything above 366 until today. So on point, best run of episodes for a really long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Thank you so much for posting the dossier. I can't believe it's real, Seth is the best weirdest person.