Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.
I've tried so many times to get into this podcast based on the recommendations people have made, but I just can't get into it. I really really want to like it, but it always feels like I'm listening in on a couple of smug hipsters laughing at a series of inside jokes for an hour.

Is there a certain place to start, because it's just not clicking with me. I know a lot of people have started from the very beginning, but gently caress that - I'm not listening to years and years worth of poo poo to get caught up. I shouldn't have to do WORK to listen to a goddamn podcast.

Guys help I think there's something wrong with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

Thanks for the suggestions, all.

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

So I saw a bunch of the clips and a few of the earlier episodes and have come to the conclusion that this show just isn't for me. They can be funny, I guess, but I just don't get the appeal at all. It feels like Seth is trying way too hard to be this bizarre character he's made of himself, and his affected speech pattern is just plain irritating to me. Jonathan doesn't seem to contribute at all (aside from laughing at Seth's non-jokes.) I like the "two guys bullshitting about nothing" podcast format a lot (e.g. Jordan, Jesse, Go and The Complete Guide to Everything), but at the end of the day I just can't stand either of these guys.

I thought I could maybe become a convert like with My Brother, My Brother, and Me (which owes a lot to UYD), but I honestly don't understand the universal praise UYD seems to always get. Oh well.