Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
In Ep. 372. they were talking about watches and Seth states that he doesn't wear a watch, have a cellphone, or a clock in his 'Dance. He says, "I just get there early, bring something to read" and explains that the other week he annoyed his barber by showing up an hour and a half early.

Seth is so weird. In a charming way.

Kevin DuBrow fucked around with this message at 05:37 on May 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

I feel so bad for Seth whenever he jokes about his pre-internet communications degree.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

So is Jesus just their friend who gets mentioned every once in a while, or is he like a producer? It seems weird that people are lining up to provide hospitality to a guy who's tangentially related to the show

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

Lol at 566 where Seth says talks about how the first women born in the 2000's will be legal soon. A woman in the audience yells "gross" and Seth and Jah sort of go "yeah that's fair" and move on

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

Caper posted:

Usually. But lately the crowds have gotten so loving annoying it's unbearable. It's the UYD facebook page come to life

"Nah it's cool chime in"

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

djnkro posted:

Naptime jew!

Holy poo poo I forgot about that. I was dying at the idea of Jah yelling at 12 year olds on Xbox.

I recently re-listened to the episode where Seth walks into the Scientology building and is met by a hot chick and gets grilled by Scientologists who are suspecting him of being some sort of undercover journalist. Full pani right there.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

Seth's black grandson Jeff really balances it out.

Do you guys remember when Jah tried to promote the movie Zeitgeist ten years ago? :lol: I wonder about his current beliefs regarding 9/11 conspiracies.
Isn't he an anti-vaxer? I remember him mentioning it.

Kevin DuBrow fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Apr 2, 2017

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

I love how Seth immediately nopes out of any media that has sci-fi, fantasy, or is targeted towards teenagers.

Meanwhile Jah is into anime now and showed up late to work because he binge-watched a Netflix original based off a YA novel. Then went back to his house to keep watching after work.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

"We used to have a 'Lemonade' come out like, every two months!"

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

One of the best jah stories is when he stole sacred weed from a native american's tipi and when confronted went full Rasta.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

He's bad at multitasking. If he focuses on not using racial slurs, he forgets to not call things gay and retarded.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

Die, junkie!

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

I only got Kevin Hart. I'm familiar with less than half of the actors and comedians they mention on the show. They're just so naturally funny that it doesn't even matter.

It's all a ruse for Seth and Jah to double dip with Patreon and ad money.

Kevin DuBrow fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 14, 2017

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

I mean, I think the only heavy part is the 20 minutes of classic “die, junkie” at the end

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

https://twitter.com/choiTV_channel/status/992845974035943424

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

inferis posted:

What makes it tolerable for me is that he is well aware of it and understands why it’s funny. He is fine with being proven an idiot, like in the episode after the ed sheeran rant.

What happened? I don't recall.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzbKKN3tD8I

Something's wrong with Ivan...

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

Jonathan getting sober and playing Legend of Zelda to pass the time will never not be funny.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

When Seth says in the last ep that he’s going to visit the martial arts museum, it would be a throw-away joke for everyone except him. I fully expect to follow through and report back.

What’s the ep where he takes a tour of the Scientology center and has to try to hide the fact that he’s a podcaster? I’m fairly sure he’s still on some Sci-Ti kill list somewhere.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

Ep. 518 at around 30:00 where Jonathan reads the horrible t-shirt website is a really good segment. Despite consciously avoiding a southern accent he keeps slipping into it.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

Jah is 100% correct in thinking that he would make an excellent 80’s yogi/cult leader.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

They’re not actually made by AI, they were written by human writers as a joke. It’s in the same vein of some popular tweets a while back from another guy who fooled a bunch of people into thinking he fed 1000 hours of Seinfeld to an AI.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

It killed me when after decades of playing up the Italian jokes, Seth discovers that he in fact has more Irish heritage

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

Jippa posted:

Seth's evil laugh when he is pretending to be a hunter "I hosed that bear up good".

What ep was it where they talked about a state that had a lottery for special permits for disabled hunters? Seth went off in a similar, hilarious way.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

Probably been answered before. I remember Seth talking about coaching someone to dominate Celebrity Name Game but I don't remember the conclusion to that saga. What happened?

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

E: double post

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

Claes Oldenburger posted:

Also as far as content goes, Seth would never rescue a parrot from the middle of the road on superbowl sunday and then give it a viking burial at the beach. RIP parrot larroquette

This story pairs well with the one in which he tries to mercy kill a rat and it ends with the rat suffering a horrible, thrashing death in his bath tub.

I caught up on some episodes from this summer and I love the ten minutes he spent reading the Wikipedia article on Terrence McKenna's theory that the universe is a novelty engine which was outputting increasing levels of novelty and complexity, and how based on the I Ching the world would end in 2012, and how in his drug-induced paranoia Jonathan fully bought into this idea.

Kevin DuBrow fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 12, 2021

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

Made myself uncomfortable by thinking about the time Jonathan walked in on the housekeeper who had just discovered his sex sleeve

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

I picked up the term "cloaking it" from Seth years ago and still use it sometimes.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The "somebody write somebody a check" Elvis story from years ago was so hilarious, but nothing about it shows up on a Google search except from UYD fans. I should listen back to that ep.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

If I recall correctly they wanted him to shave his beard for a Lowe's ad and he panicked and said that he was Muslim, and it turns out that the casting directors were probably Islamophobic and became instantly uncomfortable

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

It's so funny to me when Seth gets a weird screed or religious pamphlet and calls the number just to see what happens. That's the same kind of energy that made him go to the scientology museum and get on their lists.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

I forgot about he and his friends peer-pressuring a kid to get off his medication. God bless his parents for putting up with teenage Rasta Jonathan

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

I'm just amazed that Seth will do stuff like encounter a deranged prophet who gives him a flyer, then set down a notepad and call the number the next day just to see what will happen. Or go talk to scientology recruiters.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

Jonathan doing the deaf uber driver bit and going "sorry, sorry" when some audience members get mad

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

If there's one phrase from UYD I'll never forget it's probably "the white man calls her flute playing 'wind'".

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

Seth is a weirdo who walks into the Scientology center or calls the number listed on some insane screed handed to him on the street just out of curiosity and I love him for it

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

Jonathan's story about trying to add LSD to his high school's orange juice is mind-boggling. I don't recall the episode number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

I don't know how UYD keeps infecting me with catchphrases but it's very easy to say "twiiist" in my Seth voice whenever I'm watching a movie