Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

Jonathan moved to Arizona and became a dual citizen with his mother's land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

Episode 16: Wind - "her hunting and tracking skills were superb"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bZHWNXW1NY&t=260s

Episode 225: Seth's Jailbreak - "my cyber tracking skills were superb"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_bxZvktDOY&t=58s

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEp2tBFNoUI
Flat Daddy

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

I didn't know this, and hopefully other people that didn't know this either will be as happy as I am. Weck's Wiki is in the Way Back Machine.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150109133224/http://uhhyeahdude.com/index.php/wiki/index/

It goes all the way to episode 363.

emptyrave fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 20, 2023

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

I think I need to call the toll-free number and thank them for not doing ads all this time. UYD has mostly been the only podcast I've listened to in the last ~5 years and I've completely taken them for granted. I just started listening to a basketball team's podcast and it's a cycle of 2-3 minutes of ads then 5-7 minutes of podcast. The whole time the only thing I could think was "wow, I am so glad my favorite podcast Uhh Yeah Dude (america through the eyes of two american americans) is a listener-supported ad-free podcast. Jah bless". Get that money, whatever, but it made me appreciate the podcast in a new way.

emptyrave fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 28, 2023

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

intergalactic, prophylactic, cautionary tale
where
space aliens in the year 3015 will visit our planet
only to find
encrusted zones
of rusted drones
and busted phones
over a shitload of dust and bones

yes please. umm poet laureate please

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

Waste of Breath posted:

Haven't they always been unlisted? I thought that was the point of having a patron tier to watch the video eps?

I'm almost positive the video for every episode would eventually got released on Youtube. They must have unlisted every full episode because all of the clips are still up.

E: It looks like they've uploaded two shorts on Youtube today to get into that hot and fresh Shorts game UYD style. Maybe this is a way to make the videos a patreon exclusive?
E2: And they created this https://www.tiktok.com/@uhhyeahdudepodcast

emptyrave fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 17, 2023

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

Double post but wait they actually deleted a lot of other videos. "UYD Little League" was a video I'd always go back to. I searched it and it's not there. Someone call Jonathan and make some sense of all this. Where's Ja!?

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

JethroMcB posted:

I love and use "wanky wanky" as acknowledgement of a mild innuendo

I couldn't come up with any that I actually say to other people but I 100% use this every once in a while. Sometimes I use "kleiklor" the same way people use timbuktu.

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

My friend told me to listen to UYD and the newest episode was either 223 or 232, somewhere in there. It was kind of a stinker episode compared to how good the show actually is and I remember not liking it that much. I had never listened to a podcast before though and I was working a janitor job at the time so I just kept listening and flew through a TON of episodes from the beginning really fast. Never thinking my own thoughts haha. It's interesting listening to old episodes, hearing a bit and going "wow I remember exactly what I was cleaning when I first heard this".

E: I've called the voicemail once to correct him about a fact that Jonathan got somewhat wrong close to where I lived and I called Seth's home phone once. That sounds weird to type, but he called me back and I don't remember what we talked about but it was a good conversation and he was really nice.

Haven't really been digging the new episodes for a while now. Seth is still funny but eh. It's the only podcast I've listened to every week and never missed. They could talk about the groceries they've bought for two months straight with no other segments and I'd still listen to every one. 2006 for life.

emptyrave fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 6, 2023

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

I don't see how anyone could get into this podcast without someone curating a bunch of clips/episodes to listen to and giving some back story. If I started a new podcast and the first five minutes were one of the hosts on their phone trying to remember something with nothing funny being said I'd instantly turn it off.

Good for them for trying something new though. I don't want to sound like a hater praying for their downfall, I just can't imagine listening to UYD if you haven't already been listening for 7-10 years.

The archive episodes starting at 799 would be a great intro to the pod. I think doing something with those as their own contained Thing could work really well for getting new listeners. E: Like putting them on YouTube and numbering them starting with Episode 1 as Uhh Yeah Dude Archives or something like that? Every single one of those episodes are bangers.

emptyrave fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 9, 2023

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

Uhh Yeah Dude, Episode 505, Most Popular Baby Names of 2015, Even Boden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrURcvJXQks

I definitely still think both of them have it in them to make me lol as much as they used to, but the content can't and won't be the same. You can't have an ironic persona for 17 years, they've become themselves and dropped the shtick on the pod and I think it's for the better. They're both still funny, but I do agree that it's become a chatcast for a while now. Ebbs and flows.

Anyways, everyone post your favorite clips again so I can relive the glory days of Seth having a black grandson named Jeff.

emptyrave fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 11, 2023

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

It is no longer "2006 for life" :smith:

I don't know what this is referencing, but I'm preventing other people from having a slight panic attack and saying the show didn't end and neither of them died haha. I had to check their Twitter and Patreon. Whew.

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

If anyone took a break from listening, coming from a Hater as of late I can confirm that the last ~6 episodes are legit. It seemed like Jonathan was going through some things for a while so it's nice to hear him/them back in old form and good vibes.

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

Listening to old'ish episodes and around 856 Jonathan mentioned trying out for voiceover for another podcast. Did he ever mention that on Twitter or Instagram on how that played out? I don't remember it being referenced again on the pod.

emptyrave fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 4, 2024

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

https://www.yelp.com/user_details_reviews_self?userid=W2woEM7nn2rjLpdbywEktg

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

I can't remember if it was posted "recently", but I was cleaning out bookmarks on my phone and it was in there so I figured I'd throw it here before deleting it. Does anyone know what episode number that story is from?

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

I've been thinking about this topic a lot too lately: is the UYD run of 1-150/200 the greatest comedy podcast ever? I'll see comments in places like "cumtown/MSSP is the greatest comedy podcast in existence". I never reply but I think "What? No?? UYD easily was without question".

But I've never really listened to comedy podcasts that much. Just UYD, Comedy Bang Bang back in the day, Bodega Boys, Cumtown and MSSP. I feel really defensive when I see comments like that lol, but I might be wrong and you guys know about a podcast that was on the level of early UYD.

EDIT: I stop it at ~200 because i remember around the 200s/year 2009 they got kinda angry and negative. But they eventually stopped that, and they never stopped being insanely funny with their own voice. imo you could choose a random episode from even the 500-700s and it'd make me giggle more than most things.

emptyrave fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 3, 2024

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

Yeah the promotion aspect probably has a lot to do with it. In my mind it's a huge podcast ha. They've been hovering at 11k on their patreon since it began, but I guess it's not nearly as well known as I think it is.

Anyways~~~
I agree the new episode was a good convo about pawn shops.

https://uhhyeahdude.com/seths_corner/
Here's Seth's Clips. This is how I got a couple friends into the show. I imagine everyone here is familiar, but it's really worth going back and watching them.

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

It's funny listening to that and thinking of all the times he talked about sex (related to the newest ep with him hating hearing about other people talk about sex), then now listening to the TCAP compilation on YouTube and hearing him say "iirc the two times I had sex in a hot tub it sucked for both people and I ended up farting out chlorine water".

Both of these are from forever ago but it made me lol. I know he said something like "granted I've done that" but I probably know more about Jonathan's sex life than probably anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1tFpsbUdS4

I say that and can't really think of anything else at the moment other than the Hawaii beach story. I don't wanna start a "let's reminisce about Jonathan's sex" haha, so here's the TCAP compilation.

I know they did xbox gamertags that someone's girlfriend (?) called in with and listed a bunch, but they should've done all the names of TCAP handles.