Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Production
Jun 11, 2001

Song For The Deaf posted:

I had to pull my car over the first time I heard the Straight-Talkin' segment.

That sounds like hyperbole, but it's not.

What episode was that? I'd like to dip back in for it.

Edit: "You're saying names, but they're not quite names."

http://uhhyeahdude.com/index.php/wiki/Episode_139/

"Downright Talking with Schneer and Letern"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Production
Jun 11, 2001

JethroMcB posted:

"He wants to stop Future Tigerman."
"It's in their dossier, called 'Tigerman will attack within the United States'."

The first time I heard that was probably one of the hardest laughs they've ever gotten from me. Something about "Future Tigerman."

The dossier line takes it over the top.

Production
Jun 11, 2001

Biodome posted:

Seth is the funny one so he could start his own poo poo and it would be good.

Jonathan holds his own when they're back and forth riffing on things though; the best one I can think of is when he busts out a huge twist on the dangers of "Tigerman" without missing a beat.

Production
Jun 11, 2001
Counterpoint: watching your daughter bathe her salmon in creamy ranch, and getting ideas. For your bleach-type flavor company.

Production
Jun 11, 2001
You have to start noticing that they aren't usually talking about whether or not a situation could turn out well in theory, but that they pretty quickly go to the "realistic" scenarios where every societal advancement might as well be a cover for Scientologists and/or Floridians to lure you into some kind of perverted grift, because that's the story of UYD's America so far.

Production
Jun 11, 2001

manyak posted:

Im glad 377 is out because I cant stand listening to the awful live episodes so every time its like an extra long hiatus from UYD. Its not their fault the live episodes just always suck. Probably the audiences fault.

The only time the audiences add something is when Jonathan horrifies them and tries to explain himself, like when he had to go into detail about his opinion that gay dudes must have disgusting sex, not because there are two male bodies but because there are two minds like his involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Production
Jun 11, 2001
The guest host (the American guy) is pretty good on other stuff. I think he either was one of the organizers of the LA podcast festival or helped get UYD to actually come out to it.

He does a podcast called The Dollop now that is kinda like long-form historical UYD; he tells the story of some really American American poo poo from history (like the craze of individual dudes trying to conquer Latin American countries, or the sex cult that poisoned salad bars so they could win a local election) with a cohost reacting to it.