Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Dad was a real dick - at fault in both crashes:
http://www.wane.com/news/local/final-report-for-hatch-crash-released

What's the best way to get the older EPs that aren't on iTunes? I know someone posted about it a while back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

How big was the Chicago theater?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

472 was one of the few live podcasts where they did a good job mic'ing the audience. I think that really helped me enjoy the show more because the pauses actually made sense since you can hear the laughter. Also just a funny podcast aside from the NFL name game which seemed like it didn't work well without playing the guessing game portion of things.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Jonathan just posted a thing of facebook saying he's home.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

This was a mighty strong ep.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Ohhhhhh shiiiii

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I'm in WA and I invented the word shadracked.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

The part about the Range Rover being a broken down POS a few EPs ago made me chuckle.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Agree, very strong ep. Seth was striking a good middle ground of energy but not ranting.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

The last two live EPs were great. Jonathan lighting his legs on fire is insane. I do not know how a person can still have stories I have not heard over 10 years. I'd run out of interesting stories in about an hour.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

How much more money would they make if they did bonus patreon episodes?
Doughboys is doing a $5/month for a weekly bonus EP. They're at nearly 10k/month now. It's definitely not nearly as popular of a show.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I have not done patreon because there is no additional content. Paywalling the live EPs seems like a good move for them. I'll pay up when they start doing it. Didn't they pretty much invent the patreon podcast model?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Seltzer posted:

Not at all? They were super late to the game and really bad podcasts have crazily monetized themselves before uyd. El Chapo Crap House makes 70k a month from Patreon. UYD could be pulling in a lot more money but I feel like they're way too hung up on the idea of selling out. All their donation levels are basically "thanks". No content no perks. While people should donate to something they've listened to for 10 years other patreons have shown that extra content and perks can remind people of a shows value or give a reason to consistently donate.

Ah weird, I'd never heard of anyone do it prior to UYD. It seems like their model hasn't been nearly as effective as the $5/month for extra content model. I thought that strategy came out 'after' the UYD patreon started. I don't think patreon had the ability to do the feeds when they started out.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Has anyone had honey on tuna fish?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Last two EPs were real strong efforts IMHO. Amazing how this show delivers year after year.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Caper posted:

Seth just called me and congratulated me on surviving Hurricane Harvey :cool: I've been holed up in my apartment with my puppy for like 5 days so that was nice

Shave your goatee and get rid of that silly knit cap.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

They should raise the minimum donation on the UYD patreon to $5. They'll be making 40k per month.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

C-Euro posted:

I still don't actually know what this podcast is but am afraid to Google it because I don't know what horrors Google AdSense will send me once I have "cum" in my search history.

These guys seem pretty legit. Also 18k patron lol can Seth/Jonathan be any worse at monetizing?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Recent EPs have been so good.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Koholint posted:

The parrot story in the new episode :qq:

There is a pic of it in the FB group

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I enjoy a good Jonathan say a bunch of random as poo poo that doesn't really make any sense rant.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

What are the odds he has not spent a single night in his RV that he prob blew $30k on.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

It’d be interesting to find out how much the rent will get jacked up on his old place now that he is out. Wasn’t he in some pretty prime real estate?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Probably been answered before. I remember Seth talking about coaching someone to dominate Celebrity Name Game but I don't remember the conclusion to that saga. What happened?

They didn’t get on the show iirc.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Where are the new EPs? It's been a month.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Pooky posted:

Has the Discord been posted publicly anywhere?

The link got posted on patreon but was expired...

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I kinda wish they’d do some patreon only content because they’d cash in huge. I respect the ideals, but they are leaving a lot of money on the table.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

they're both making decent living wages through Patreon, they're fine. not everything needs to maximize profits.

neither of them seem to care much about money anyways.

130k / 2 plus fees doesn’t seem like an amazing living in LA.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Did they say they were taking this long of a break?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Why are they so slow on releasing new episodes?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I wonder how much more money they'd make if they did a patron only EP.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Who was Seth talking to when the dude from a prison called a while back. Was that his dad? What happened?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Did you guys catch Jonathon mention he was wearing $3,000 in clothes during the shop lifting fiasco? Classic of course he’s into fashion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Jah is a great storyteller, and he seems to have an endless supply. Remember when he told the top gun flight suit story and that was something like 500 episodes in. If I had a top gun flight suit everyone I meet would know within the first five minutes.