Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWsnaLIln1c

One of Jonathan's best rants about present day (even it was from 5 years ago)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

DebonaireD posted:

My favorite bit was when Seth did a streak of like twenty 'Hey Florida's in a row, just telling each sordid tale and punctuating it with 'Hey Florida' over and over, slowly building intensity. Seth's rants are the best.

Oh god I remember this, what episode was it?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Transfatuation posted:

I think the craziest thing about Seth that I can remember is that thing about not speaking in one restaurant he visits. Still waiting for an explanation ~280 episodes later!!!

I think it was explained. Somewhere else they like constantly hosed up what he wanted until he just wrote it down and they got it right. It was the same thing at this restaurant and he just kept doing it.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
One of the best episodes to put on a list of greats is #74. Includes an awesome To Catch a Predator, the beginnings of Craigslist, Jonathan's rant against other podcasts and other awesome poo poo.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Newest episode was great, especially the Seinfeld and Gay Week at Disney talk.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Anyone know what is up with them not having sponsors anymore? Also why they never did any more video clips like they did in 2008?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I think Seth proves even with no acting talent, you can dab some crazy work in Hollywood. God drat, he really thought he did a "prison march"? Hilarious. When does this get referenced in the show?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
It eventually just becomes the same deprived gay man looking for cock over and over. I understand why they cut it (even though it's still fresh).

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I'm having a problem with my Boogiemomma

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Going back and re-listening to all the episodes again. I'm on Episode 6 and there is a hilarious but short story of a guy who got into a fight with his girlfriend and the cops were called. He was throwing poo poo at the cops, one thing included his own cut off dick.

Hilarious.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
God drat UYD is ON POINT lately. They've been on a roll with great episodes, newest is no different.

edit: Man, last week Jonathan was talking about getting re-married and now it seems he has already been thrown out :(

edit2: Was thinking about this. Since I'm guessing John doesn't really support Jonathan, even though he is probably a multi-millionaire. While this is probably good for Jonathan, eventually John is going to die and that money has to go somewhere. I hope the show goes long enough that we get Rich Jah. That would be AMAZING

CortezFantastic fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 25, 2011

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Lil Jon Galt posted:

That look on Seth is not fresh at all. He used to have such good hair too :/

His hair is fine, he just was sweating so much it's out of place.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Going back through old episodes again. Listening Episode 18 and it brought up another gem into Seth's psyche. He apparently will call his mom from across the country and ask her if she left the stove on.

I love that crazy fucker.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Drewsky posted:

It is again? I haven't noticed in the last few episodes.

Edit: Seth's sobriety rants are amazing in 137.

In one episode he was talking about being engaged again and never thinking he'd be getting married for the second time, and a few episodes later it sounds like he's been kicking out or something.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I just want to hear them on Rogan's podcast because Joe could get a ton more crazy drug stories from the both of them

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Yannick_B posted:

A listener working as an english teacher in korea had his class send postcards to UYD. The results are as amazing as you imagine.

This is truly a gem

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

james earl pwns posted:

Is this on the new episode?

Yes

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
After seeing that car, we really need to have a fundraiser for Episode 300 for these fools.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I like how in 298 Seth talks about Seinfeld on Letterman basically doing the same routine he did FIVE YEARS AGO in the early episodes, in the 20s, and didn't even notice it.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Hope you all donated $30 for Ep 300. I know I did.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

REY DE LA PLAYA posted:

The best thing that you can ever do in this terrible world is listen to UYD while drunk as hell. It's the only way I can be happy anymore.

Replace alcohol with marijuana and you are onto something

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Al! posted:

I've been listening to Uhh Yeah Dude for years and recently started listening to also-excellent podcast My Brother My Brother and Me, and it seems fairly obvious to me that at least one of them listens to so much UYD that they use some of their expressions as well.

I can't listen to it simply because I feel they try to rip off the UYD steez too much.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
"Free subway rides for lllli--a yeeeear!"

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
"AVN Awards 2013: A Return to Innocence"

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Sick Cowboys hat too (even though I hate them)

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Start at the 110 mark and go from there, even though you'll miss 109 hours of greatness

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I apparently drunk dialed the voice mail on NYE and Seth called me at 8am. I'm east coast and at work so I couldn't answer, so he left a voicemail. I hope he is ok, because he sounded either really tired or sick.

The newest episode is really, really loving good anyway. Couple great rants in it.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
On episode 63, Jah says "1/10 of all black children have downs syndrome" and the effects after are hilarious.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

a pipe smoking dog posted:

the other day I was listening to a radio show and they did a horse/beer/made-up bit and I almost felt like righting in to complain of that blatant steez ripping.

I will however object to Seth's constant live show plugging. We get it Seth you have some live shows coming up, chill out.

You chill out bro, these are completely free and have been released weekly for 6 years. Let him sell some loving tickets.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
WHHHHHHAT'S THE DEAL WITH CELLPHONES!?!?!?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Can someone take a picture of the crowd too? I'd like to know how many people were there (hopefully sold out).

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Wow, it is absolutely packed. I'm really happy for them, it seems like a complete success.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

x!te bike posted:

I doubt anything Seth's ever said about himself is true.

I loving offered to send him P90x 2 because they said he did the first one and he said it was all bullshit. Their troll game is too good. But then he wanted it anyway so maybe by the next live show Seth will just be a jacked sober warrior.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

NuclearGuru posted:

Long time listener, first time poster checking in here. Actually not so long time, I got on board around episode 260 and have been keeping up with new ones. I'm also at ep 57 on a complete run-through. I love this loving podcast. Is anyone else hesitant to share it with friends though? I don't want them to know that all my stories and jokes are stolen from UYD. Like pretty much every funny thing I say I owe to Sethro and Jah. It's tough times out here...

I just realized that yesterday was the live show (oh-two, oh-two, two-oh-one-two). Were any goons in attendance? How was it?

How about you just get your own steez. And no, I don't have that problem since I can make people laugh with my own jokes.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
:siren: SETH FOUND A NEW POEM :siren:

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Caper posted:

I also didn't think this most recent live episode was very good, although the Seattle one was as good or better than Brooklyn, IMO.

I thought it was a fine episode. I was giddy as gently caress when Seth found TWO new poems and they did not disappoint. It was an average episode, which is still way above average for other podcasts.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

bango skank posted:

I'm thinking they should probably have more time in between the live shows than they did Seattle and LA. Seemed like there was a lot less energy in the latter than the former.

It was also a much smaller crowd, and a more personal venue. Plus there wasn't shitheads screaming over everything they said.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
It wasn't that it is worthless, it was that it's not the same as having your OWN kid. Which I sided with Seth on, but the argument was stupid. Adopting a kid is an amazing thing to do, but it's not like having your own.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Dan Didio posted:

It doesn't come up very often, but Jah's insistence on calling things like Game of Thrones 'epic fiction' is really, really funny to me for some reason.

some people call it HIGH fantasy *winky winky*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
That's amazing that he told the cops exactly what his steez was, just to get free "grass". That beautiful loving hippie.