Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Just listened to 453, where Jonathan tells the rat drowning story. There is some really good stuff in that episode, but man does that story overshadow everything. Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
466 is a live episode in Seattle. At about 20 minutes, Jonathan realizes his ipad has been very quietly playing an old episode over its speaker. Then at about 24 minutes Jonathan announces that he hasn’t been recording.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Man, Michael Madsen is in rough shape. Poor guy.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
FDA doesn’t know poo poo about enzymes, I’ll tell you that. Fuckin’ idiots…FDA, pssht, “Fuckin’ Don’t Ask,” that’s what I say! Cuz I got raw milk here man. This is baby goat milk, and I am living off of it. I feel great.

Edit: oh man, offensive t-shirts

Double edit: https://youtu.be/TVw1EFTqnew

mweber fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Apr 8, 2022

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
What about inter-special impregnation?

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Who the gently caress are the vulture children?

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

On 479, the second of a few episodes where Jah is Skyping to Seth's inbox from Europe. I remembered that he wasn't actually in Paris but still his itinerary was at least vaguely, if voluntarily, affected by the Bataclan attack; am I also remembering correctly that he was in Europe at the time of the big Icelandic volcano that competely disrupted flights there?

Not sure if it’s what you’re remembering — in 219 Seth tells a story about a guy who was in Iceland for a short trip. Volcano erupts. He can’t get out. When he finally gets home, he has a huge bill from short term parking.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Have you tried praying to St. Anthony to find the UFOs?

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Jippa posted:

J laughing at the murdered prisoner being as "chatty". :D

Terry Berry is a Chatty Cathy.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

zenguitarman posted:

Getting mf gouged at the pump y'all

Times are getting really economic.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
That. Room. Smells. So. Bad. Mom.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

Seth reading the CardWishes messages for Dad's birthdays in 865 is an all-timer.

"I have planned for today, and those plans will be revealed to you in a few minutes."

"Happy B-day to the serious man who makes us frightened when he gets angry. Smile, dad, it's your day."

“Even though I’m weaker than all the other boys…”

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

The boa constrictor story is an instant classic. It’s up there with the renaissance fair jousting death from a few years ago.

Get to now, Doug.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
936 was bittersweet because it made me realize Jonathan would be a great analyst at anything he actually put his mind to figuring out. If he weren’t Jah, he’d have learned Excel over his bleepbloop keyboard, and he’d living the sweet life right now.

mweber fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 14, 2022

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Just heard someone in the real world call Wednesday “Prince Spaghetti Day”.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
We started this show February 11, 2006. You were 28. I was 45.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

GraPar posted:

This was so good

We made our point: We love a parade.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
You’re not Dale Chihuly are you? Holy gently caress! Honey!

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Hey, Sleepy Joe, wake up; there’s a sixth poem!

mweber fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Oct 10, 2022

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
The world’s most vulnerable zoo!

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Go, Flea!

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Beastie posted:

I'm guessing that is before sober Seth because he looks like a skinny dude that does a lot of cocaine

Seth sobered up before the show, I think.

Maybe a pocket payphone owning Seth?

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
I felt bad for Jonathan and Seth, then J started eating snacks.

Edit: Bosch is playing Lex Luthor in the garbage Titans tv show on HBO Max. Seth’s going to hate watching that.

mweber fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 5, 2022

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Lol Jonathan’s smoking pot again.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
I’ve never been open-toed in this room.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
We are (I am) backed up with shows and video. I have COVID for the first time and on the heels of my girlfriend having it bad and being preoccupied with that and it’s just been a loving lot going on spiritually physically and mentally with me and as well as with seemingly a lot of us not sure what that’s all about but your ears and minds are some of my top priorities so know that you’ll be getting stuff soon and most likely in a content dump fashion. Just to get us all up to date and going in up to date post thanksgiving weekend. Ok so yeah sorry also I’m like barely sick and I thought it was going to kill me because I smoke cigs still and stuff. I hope to retain feeling of toes and ability to smell both those things sound horrible lol seriously tho they do. Like witches curses.

J.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

551: the completely insane story of the crazy guy who changed his name to Adam Sandler

Is that the racist Elmo?

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Hit kids gonna getchu

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
It’s very jarring when there’s no intro music.

You gotta ease us into those dulcet tones, Jonathan.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Beastie posted:

955 or 956 Jonathan was asking who was the "dopest nicest rich person" so I texted him about Mansa Musa, a 14th century ruler, who on his pilgrimage to Mecca brought and gave away so much gold he cratered the price of gold in Egypt for 12 years.

He called me last night and I missed the call, god damnit.

Seth has called me back twice. I didn’t answer either time because “who the hell is calling me from LA?”

mweber fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 17, 2022

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Has anyone ever watched the movie Jonathan did with Scoot McNairy (Wednesday Again)?

It’s available on Youtube, but I’m worried it’ll be a Don’s Plum situation and I’ll have to stop listening to UYD.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

General Dog posted:

Is that where the clip of a woman throwing her tampon on Seth’s windshield comes from, or is that another project?

Oh man, I hope not. That would definitely put in in Don’s Plum territory. I think Jonathan said Seth isn’t in Wednesday Again, except for a short voiceover.

Fake edit: from Seth’s IMDB, I’m guessing the tampon one is Fish Without a Bicycle, which Seth is in with Brian Austin Green. I can’t believe he hasn’t been joking about knowing Notorious BAG all this time.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
“Wait, you got sober on 4/20?”
“Yeah.”
“You fuckin’ rear end in a top hat.”

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
“…the white man calls her flute playing…”
“Nobody has ever written that. No one should ever have written that.”
“…wind.”

mweber fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 2, 2023

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
For a good year or two, around 9 or 10 years old, I thought I might be the reincarnation of Elvis.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Binowru posted:

drat. I know most pirate fiction is derivative of Blackbeard, but jeeeez. Captain Tom Bristol is just literally Blackbeard the pirate.

Got Under the Black Ensign from the library. Not sure it would even qualify as a book, since the story itself is about 65 pages long, including illustrations. The other 40 or so pages include a forward, glossary, a preview of another book, a bio of L. Ron, and 8 pages that just list other stories he wrote.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Jonathan, what’s a lesbiamis?

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Have you heard that audioblog Down Right Talkin’?
Oh, with Schneer and Laterne?

Edit: No one’s ever smoked crack. I smoked crack once, but that was a fluke.

mweber fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 14, 2023

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Does Jogger still exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Cached Money posted:

I love how after almost 17 years of doing the show Jah still has to repeat a word 8 times because he can't figure out how to pronounce it.

Obsteptrips…obsetrics…obsteh…trics. Obstetrics. Obstetrics.